Does Crazycreatives exist?

Nascoli

• Administrators

The website is online. You can purchase items, but support has been less than stellar.

Since their offerings are payware, you cannot ask specific support questions here in the open forum. You can state the module you are having issues with and ask that anyone having the same module contact you via PM - where you can ask more specific questions. Use caution and be sure that the other person actually has the same module.

On 5/15/2021 at 6:56 PM, ProAvia said:

The website is online. You can purchase items, but support has been less than stellar.

Since their offerings are payware, you cannot ask specific support questions here in the open forum. You can state the module you are having issues with and ask that anyone having the same module contact you via PM - where you can ask more specific questions. Use caution and be sure that the other person actually has the same module.

Ok, thank you!

• 1 month later...

I too have the same problems with CrazyCreatives,  They do not respond to e-mails , one module I purchased just came with instruction copy to folder. Nothing worked and no proper installation manual on what else you need to edit .  I have thus told PAYPAL to get a refund for me as the product does not work.  Maybe they will respond when having to give money back on DIGITAL GOODS they claim not to give refunds.  If it says "

INSTALLATION:
-------------

-Simply upload the content of the and "core" folder to your phpVMS installation.

-Leave the structure intact as it comes in the zipped file."  

And it does not run under even the standard CRYSTAL skin , then the software is not working according to the description etc. 

I purchased the product because from the screenshots it looks good, but help and guide to installation is a lot less than what you would expect.

in regard to CRAZY CREATIVES  , they have not responded or offered to help so I have no alternative but to resort to using PAYPAL resolution to get the money back as they have sold software that does not work following their installation instructions. If they had such good modules and customer support then what they offer although it looks expensive could be justified in the price they are selling them at.  However there are some issues I have with the advertising on their web-site and the way you are told to install the modules.  Firstly there is the glossy screenshots showing how 'good' the product is , but these are not backed up by any customer sites as a reference to see the module in action.  I do not always trust vendors own demo site as it may be fixed to always show good results. Secondly there is no clarification in any advert or product as to which version of PHP the modules will run under.  Now I use the phpvms 5.5.7.2   PHP version 7.2 and since it is classed with a 5.  then it is in the product line of CC as they say modules are for V2 and V5.x

Now surely if there is an issue with any modules not working in PHP 7.x then by now they have had time to bring out a new version of the module and have the same product line as PHP5.6 versions and a new product line for the PHP7.2 versions.  I have worked on PHP5.6 to PHP7.2 conversions and there is not that much that you need to change as such as for most of the work is centred around MYSQL and the fact that the PHP5.6 core for MYSQL has been dropped and a replacement core MYSQLI or PDO now has to be used.  There are a few minor things like trying to count an empty array now gives you a warning and not zero but it can be fixed with a couple of lines of code anyway.   In theory CC if they are no longer interested in supporting their modules then perhaps they should sell them onto the community who can fix them and support PHPMVS in the longer term by having a community spirit for modules as it really should be.

• Administrators

There is zero guarantee that ANY modules - payware or freeware - will work without a bit of tweaking in phpVMS 5.5.2.72.

phpVMS 5.5.2.72 is a subset of phpVMS 5.5.2 that allows phpVMS 5.5.2 work with PHP 7.0-7.2 . As such, most modules will need to be tweaked to work with PHP 7.0-7.2 . 

As for which PHP versions certain modules will work with, the answer is easy. Look at the requirements for phpVMS 5.5.2 . Modules advertised to work with phpVMS 5.5.2 will work with PHP versions that phpVMS 5.5.2 work with. No where does it say they will work with phpVMS 5.5.2.72 .

Module developers are not required to bring their modules into compliance with PHP 7.2 . Many phpVMS 5.5.2.72 users/admins have been able to use older modules just by changing a few lines of code in the modules. Modules developed for phpVMS 2.x and phpVMS 5.5.2 do work correctly in phpVMS 5.5.2.72 with a bit of deductive reasoning and determination.

Yes that is true in general but my gripe is where a developer does not even bother to tell potential purchasers that it will say only work with PHP 5.6.   Just leaving it as a module for PHPVMS v5.x.  is not good enough as phpVMS 5.5.2.72  gets registered in the system settings of PHPVMS.

I agree that tweaking some code so that a PHP5.6 module will work in PHP7.2 is one way of getting around the problem but since it is payware , the obvious thing is that the developer can cite you for altering the code if they have state that you are not allowed to amend the code etc.  A catch-22 situation as you have paid money for what you expect to be a working module and then find it does not work and unless your are adept at PHP coding especially at PHP 7.2 etc then you are at a loss. 

Thus a reasonable module developer will or should have seen the advantage of bringing the products into line with PHP 7.2. as PHPVMS V7. is still a way bit off being very stable and since Virtual airlines will want the same modules for PHPVMS V7. then a golden opportunity is being missed.  Surely if there is not much work to make a 5.5 module work with  5.5.2.72 then that's a good way forward for these module developers.

The other thing is why do some not bother to respond to e-mails and contact requests yet are quite happy to take your money ?

• Administrators

The developers didn't state it would work in 5.5.2.72 - as a matter of fact, these modules were developed before PHP 7 and higher were even available. It is unreasonable to expect a developer to update a module a module to be compatible to work with every PHP version. Most everymodule that you actually boight for your VA can be tweaked to work with newer PHP versions. And the original developer probably isn't going to mind. Now you can not distribute those tweaks for other users/owners of the same software without express written permission from the original developer, unless otherwise stated in the licensing and use documents. If you were unable to edit the code for your own use, you wouldn't even be able to change any of the template files to fit with your chosen skin. How many developers have actually cited end users for altering code to make it work with different skins.

For payware, lack of support for software that is still being offered for a price is a totally separate discussion. Before one buys any software, it is up to the buyer to be sure that support is available and active. Contact the seller/developer prior to purchase to see if they respond. Check their forums for current activity. It comes down to buyer beware.

Me too had several payware CC modules....and no respond from their end to my problem.

The question is, how can i get some help from this community to resolve my problem related to the CC payware modules?

In my case, i think i know what might the problem is, but my scripting knowledge is not that good.

I believe there must be a way to get help from this community, other than "no solution here, please contact the not-replying-at-all developer for your issue"

Any direction ProAvia?

• Administrators

While one can not discuss payware code in a public forum, one could use the PM system of the forum to discuss the issues with other users who have legally purchased the same module.

Possible post the error you are receiving - without posting any payware code - and mention the module you are using. Then ask users who use the same module to contact you via PM. Use caution to check that other users actually have the same module though. Sadly, there have been reports of users attempting to get payware code from other users while not actually owning the original payware module.

Example:

"I am receiving the following error while using payware module (name of module and developer here).

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in (don't put any more than this).

Since this is a payware module, please contact me via PM if you have purchased this module and can help. Thanks!"

13 hours ago, ProAvia said:

While one can not discuss payware code in a public forum, one could use the PM system of the forum to discuss the issues with other users who have legally purchased the same module.

Possible post the error you are receiving - without posting any payware code - and mention the module you are using. Then ask users who use the same module to contact you via PM. Use caution to check that other users actually have the same module though. Sadly, there have been reports of users attempting to get payware code from other users while not actually owning the original payware module.

Example:

"I am receiving the following error while using payware module (name of module and developer here).

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in (don't put any more than this).

Since this is a payware module, please contact me via PM if you have purchased this module and can help. Thanks!"

Get your point ProAvia..

Will do that, hope someone will be able to help me

Thanks

I just got a message from PayPal that I am getting a refund of my money from  Crazy Creatives..   it seems that they did not even respond to a resolution claim against them.  So it is reasonable to believe tha5 they are not bothered about supporting their modules but just take your money.  So beware of them 

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...

It's really a shame what's happening with CrazyCreatives. By the way, now I can't even access my login area and I can't even reset my password.

I started to develop modules for the community based on my needs. These modules modules are being tested in phpvms 5.5.7.2 and PHP 7.4 versions.

Unfortunately, due to my available time, I can't produce faster.

• 8 months later...
On 12/29/2021 at 3:14 PM, Nascoli said:

It's really a shame what's happening with CrazyCreatives. By the way, now I can't even access my login area and I can't even reset my password.

I started to develop modules for the community based on my needs. These modules modules are being tested in phpvms 5.5.7.2 and PHP 7.4 versions.

Unfortunately, due to my available time, I can't produce faster.

Im having same issue original password does not work try to reset it and nothing no emails no nothing and yes i have pm them still nothing, its funny how you can purchase modules but cant get any help, Im having an issue with Auto assign flights just a blank screen and top left " Error: Purchase Verification Failed. "

wtf  i purchased this but now that is showing.

6 hours ago, flyalaska said:

They are dead. Some of the mods dont work anymore because there site is down.

well thats handy isnt it, even there forum page now is down, so in away what do we do now ? who do we need to speak to ? we paid in good faith for modules.

Edited by Boogace

On 9/19/2022 at 12:15 PM, flyalaska said:

They are dead. Some of the mods dont work anymore because there site is down.

few weeks ago, one of my CC modules stopped working, and i found that the module sent a validation script to CC's server, which is not avail anymore.

i had to skip the validation check script, and now it's working again.

not sure if it's right thing do, but i bought the module years ago, and i think i have the rights to keep it working as i expected

Well, from a customer perspective you did nothing wrong :) But from a developer perspective you altered a code not related to visuality or end user customization, so it is not true either :)

Everything has a design lifetime, like us, software do die in time and you need to renew them... I know lots of VA's using v5 with payware addons, invested some money in it, but it is 10 years (maybe more) old. And DEAD by technical terms, no support from original devs, no support from addon devs and most importantly it forces you to use 10 years old backend and not compatible with new software.

So, long story short, isn't it the time to invest on a newer va management software to get live support and extended lifetime to your precious va instead of trying to keep it alive with cardio shocks now and then?

Safe flights to all

Edited by DisposableHero
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 1:58 AM, YusufBudi said:

few weeks ago, one of my CC modules stopped working, and i found that the module sent a validation script to CC's server, which is not avail anymore.

i had to skip the validation check script, and now it's working again.

not sure if it's right thing do, but i bought the module years ago, and i think i have the rights to keep it working as i expected

how did you remove it and where i think its in the core/modules Autoassign.php  but not sure what parts i should remove, any help would be great..

• Administrators

No discussion of payware module code in the forum.

"While one can not discuss payware code in a public forum, one could use the PM system of the forum to discuss the issues with other users who have legally purchased the same module.

Possible post the error you are receiving - without posting any payware code - and mention the module you are using. Then ask users who use the same module to contact you via PM. Use caution to check that other users actually have the same module though. Sadly, there have been reports of users attempting to get payware code from other users while not actually owning the original payware module.

Example:

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in (don't put any more than this).

Since this is a payware module, please contact me via PM if you have purchased this module and can help. Thanks!" "