REALScheduleLite beta 1.0 [DEPRECATED]

• Administrators

This project is no longer being actively developed

REALScheduleLite beta 1.0

phpVMS module to create a realistic aircraft placement scenario including jumpseat ticket purchases within your phpVMS managed virtual airline allowing pilots to fly flights available from their current location.

----------------------------------------------

A visible link to http://www.simpilotgroup.com must be provided on any webpage utilizing this script for the license to be valid.

----------------------------------------------

Developed by:

simpilot - David Clark

www.simpilotgroup.com

www.david-clark.net

Developed on:

phpVMS 2.1.934

php 5.2.11

mysql 5.0.51

apache 2.2.11

Install:

-Download the attached package.

-unzip the package and place the files as structured in your root phpVMS install.

-use the realschedulelite.sql file to create the table needed in your sql database using phpmyadmin or similar.

Open local.config.php and add

# Jumpseat Ticket Cost Per NM
Config::Set('JUMPSEAT_COST', '.25');

Change the '.25' to what you want to charge per mile of flight for a jumpseat ticket for your pilots. As it stands it is set to 25 cents per mile.

Create a link for your pilots to get to the Real Schedule Lite dispatch center

<?php echo url('/RealScheduleLite'); ?>

If you are requiring your pilots to use the Real Schedule Lite routing system you must disable all links to the built in phpVMS schedule listings. Any /index.php/schedules links will take the pilot to the native scheduling system and allow them to bid on any flight in the system.

Aircraft and Routes

EVERY aircraft must have a looping routing system, in other words, it must return to the airfield it first started at on its last flight leg or it will become stranded. It does not matter how many flight legs are in the route for the aircraft but it must only go to each airfield one time.

example of a looping route:

flight 1 - KBOS - KATL

flight 2 - KATL - KDEN

flight 3 - KDEN - KORD

flight 4 - KORD - KBOS

Each aircraft in your inventory can only be assigned to one looped route.

Pilots

A new pilot is automatically stationed at the hub he is assigned to.

An active pilot will be placed at the arrival location of the last filed PIREP or last jumpseat ticket purchased, whichever is most recent.

If a pilot gets "stranded" at an airport all the jumpseat tickets to airports with available aircraft must be purchased but the cost is set at $0.

I have included the basis to count how many jumpseat tickets a pilot has purchased, more functionality will come in future versions with this part of the module.

Any aircraft and routes that do not follow this method need to be disabled in the admin panel.

This is a VERY BASIC BETA version of this module. It only includes basic functionality and does not include the New England Virtual route builder and mapping functions.

Released under the following license:

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License

Get The Code

Some Screenshots

rsl1.jpg

rsl2.jpg

rsl3.jpg

• Like 1

I have grabbed this first I see. I have it added on my new site and so far so good. I hope to get my schedules imported soon and get to checking this out in action.

Thanks for all the hard work and effort you put into phpVMS. It is very much appreciated by many I am sure.

Ray

Hello

I have same error :

Notice: The template file "/home/****/public_html/beta//core/templates/realschedulelite/realschedulelite_jumpseatconfirm.tpl" doesn't exist in /home/****/public_html/beta/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

Thank simpilot

• Administrators

Getting this error when buying a ticker to another airport

Notice: The template file "/----esa_beta//core/templates/realschedulelite/realschedulelite_jumpseatconfirm.tpl" doesn't exist in /-----/esa_beta/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

Sorry about that, I found the issue, it is a caps issue in the folder name that some servers will not handle. I have corrected it and have re-attached the download at the beginning of the thread. Download the new attachment and overwrite the old files with the new. B)

Thanks, that fixed it.

I now have another issue.

I just purchase a "free" jumpseat ticket to EGLL and the module states I'm at EGLL but when I click on "EGLL" to add it to my bid it states "You are not at this airport". In my pilot center it still shows me at LSZH which was the location before I purchased the jumpseat. Any ideas?

• Administrators

Thanks, that fixed it.

I now have another issue.

I just purchase a "free" jumpseat ticket to EGLL and the module states I'm at EGLL but when I click on "EGLL" to add it to my bid it states "You are not at this airport". In my pilot center it still shows me at LSZH which was the location before I purchased the jumpseat. Any ideas?

Does it do this if you jumpseat to any airport or just this one?

For the pilot Center you are going to have to change the code for pilot location to the new module code. The native code does not look for the jumpseat tickets.

Try this in profile_main.tpl

<?php
$location = RealScheduleLiteData::get_pilot_location($userinfo->pilotid);
echo $location->arricao;
?>

Does it do this if you jumpseat to any airport or just this one?

I just paid for another jumpseat and it does "move" me to that airport but I get the same thing when I try to bid on the schedule "You are not at this airport".

For the pilot Center you are going to have to change the code for pilot location to the new module code. The native code does not look for the jumpseat tickets.

Try this in profile_main.tpl

<?php
$location = RealScheduleLiteData::get_pilot_location($userinfo->pilotid);
echo $location->arricao;
?>

That worked and it is showing me at the correct location.

• Administrators

I just paid for another jumpseat and it does "move" me to that airport but I get the same thing when I try to bid on the schedule "You are not at this airport".

Found the issue

Open realschedulelite_airport_details.tpl

and find line 92

$location = PIREPData::getLastReports(Auth::$userinfo->pilotid, 1, '');

replace with

$location = RealScheduleLiteData::get_pilot_location(Auth::$userinfo->pilotid);

Save file.

Should fix the error, the fix will be included in 1.1

Found the issue

Open realschedulelite_airport_details.tpl

and find line 92

$location = PIREPData::getLastReports(Auth::$userinfo->pilotid, 1, '');

replace with

$location = RealScheduleLiteData::get_pilot_location(Auth::$userinfo->pilotid);

Save file.

Should fix the error, the fix will be included in 1.1

That fixed it...thanks!

Dave,

Would this allow one pilot to do part of the loop, such as KBOS-KATL in your example, and then allow a second pilot to finish the loop, such as KLAX-KATL-KDEN in your example?

flight 1 - KBOS - KATL

flight 2 - KATL - KDEN

flight 3 - KDEN - KORD

flight 4 - KORD - KBOS

or is the entire loop of flights bid on by the first pilot?

Cheers

Alex

• Administrators

Dave,

Would this allow one pilot to do part of the loop, such as KBOS-KATL in your example, and then allow a second pilot to finish the loop, such as KLAX-KATL-KDEN in your example?

flight 1 - KBOS - KATL

flight 2 - KATL - KDEN

flight 3 - KDEN - KORD

flight 4 - KORD - KBOS

or is the entire loop of flights bid on by the first pilot?

Cheers

Alex

Hi Alex,

Each flight is bid on individually so the answer is yes, but....

the next leg can not be bid on until the aircraft "arrives" at the airport.

so, the KATL - KDEN leg will not become available until a pilot flies the KBOS - KATL leg and gets the aircraft to KATL. B)

Very nice addon Dave!

I have 1 question: i read that every aircraft has to be assigned to a loop. Is it possible NOT to assign aircrafts to specific loops or routes, but use them from the last destination only to where ever a pilot want to go? (for example, a specific A320 has arrived in JFK, and a pilot should buy a ticket to JFK, and use the aircraft for a charter flight to KMIA. Then, the aircraft should only fly from KMIA to any scheduled or charter flight from there.)

Thanks!

First of all thank you for this add-on , besides i´ve got a problem with the jump seats

Currenty i´m on kjfk(last pirep) and i bought a jumpseat back to loww. Everything works fine but when i´m clicking on the loww hub it say "your are not at this airport"

Can you help me with that?

Thanks!

Thanks for the great addon.I have put this under bugs report but here is my error.

Notice: The template file "/hermes/web06b/b338/pow.llju1/htdocs//core/templates/realschedulelite/realschedulelite_index.tpl" doesn't exist in /hermes/web06b/b338/pow.llju1/htdocs/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

• Administrators

First of all thank you for this add-on , besides i´ve got a problem with the jump seats

Currenty i´m on kjfk(last pirep) and i bought a jumpseat back to loww. Everything works fine but when i´m clicking on the loww hub it say "your are not at this airport"

Can you help me with that?

Thanks!

The fix is here -

http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/2791-realschedulelite-beta-10/page__p__18405#entry18405 and will be updated in the next version. ;)

• Administrators

Very nice addon Dave!

I have 1 question: i read that every aircraft has to be assigned to a loop. Is it possible NOT to assign aircrafts to specific loops or routes, but use them from the last destination only to where ever a pilot want to go? (for example, a specific A320 has arrived in JFK, and a pilot should buy a ticket to JFK, and use the aircraft for a charter flight to KMIA. Then, the aircraft should only fly from KMIA to any scheduled or charter flight from there.)

Thanks!

I can look at some type of configuration option to only track where the aircraft are and not the next destination. Maybe an option for the next version.

• Administrators

Thanks for the great addon.I have put this under bugs report but here is my error.

Notice: The template file "/hermes/web06b/b338/pow.llju1/htdocs//core/templates/realschedulelite/realschedulelite_index.tpl" doesn't exist in /hermes/web06b/b338/pow.llju1/htdocs/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

Hi Lloyd,

My guess is that the file is corrupted, try uploading them all again and make sure there is a folder inside of your templates or skin folder named realschedulelite and that has all the tpl files in it. The structure should be root/core/templates/realschedulelite/(all the tpl files) or root/lib/skins/(your skin)/realschedulelite/(all the tpl files)

Let us know how you make out. B)

Hi Lloyd,

My guess is that the file is corrupted, try uploading them all again and make sure there is a folder inside of your templates or skin folder named realschedulelite and that has all the tpl files in it. The structure should be root/core/templates/realschedulelite/(all the tpl files) or root/lib/skins/(your skin)/realschedulelite/(all the tpl files)

Let us know how you make out. B)

My Bad. I copied the tpls out of the folder and not the whole folder. Now I have the whole realschedulelite tpl folder install in my skins and it works. Thanks agin for the help and the great addon :P

As all of the Simpilot mods, I am loving it thus far. However, I am wondering if it is possible to filter the list. Let me set the scene for you if I may.

Right now as it is, the table for my website is VERY long. The table as we all know shows all of the airports wether there is no aircraft there or if there is. I think it would be cool if we could filter the airports table to only show airports WITH aircraft due to the fact that we can only purchase jumpseats to them airports anyhow. I think having a great big long list of airports without aircraft available is kind of pointless.

If this kind of filtering is NOT possible, I will continue to use this addon anyhow. I think it is great!

Just my $0.02 on this one.

Thanks again Simpilot for such a great addon.