REALScheduleLite beta 1.0 [DEPRECATED]

• Administrators

I have a question regarding events. My VA has an event every now and then. It's about 15-20 legs across Alaska. With all the planes being used up in the loops, is there a way to have some freed up for our events?

Your pilots will be able to file the flights as normal, they will just not be able to bid onthem in the traditional fashion, or you can use the ols schedule list to get their bids set for them.

Well, I have bumped into the ol' you are not at this airport bug as well. Except, it is not an admin account. This is a regular pilot. She is on the ground at PHNL, her profile page shows her on the ground at PHNL, but when trying to get a flight out of PHNL, it says Youare not at this airport.

I have applied every fix that has been posted so far and now this comes up. I can verify that on my account (admin) this does not happen. So far so good with my account. Could this be that she has never done a flight for the airline yet so this script is not seeing her on the ground anywhere?

I am going to have her do a flight out of PHNL with one of the aircraft that is on the ground there and see what happens when she lands at another airport with an aircraft there. Hopefully it will recognize her then.

Ok I had her do a quick hop and file a pirep. it did move the aircraft that she flew out of PHNL and moved it PHOG as it should have. Now it shows her on the ground at PHOG in her profile as well as in the jump seat page. AND now she can bid on flights out of airports using the Real Schedule. For some reason or the other, if one has 0 flights recorded, it will not show them at their current location in their profile and they can not bid on any flights what so ever at an airport even if it has aircraft available that they can fly.

As well, now that it is all good for her and she can bid on flights now, my database base has only updated once and it shows me sitting on the ground but not her or the other guy. Now that I find rather odd. :D

Some food for thought.

• Administrators

Ok I had her do a quick hop and file a pirep. it did move the aircraft that she flew out of PHNL and moved it PHOG as it should have. Now it shows her on the ground at PHOG in her profile as well as in the jump seat page. AND now she can bid on flights out of airports using the Real Schedule. For some reason or the other, if one has 0 flights recorded, it will not show them at their current location in their profile and they can not bid on any flights what so ever at an airport even if it has aircraft available that they can fly.

There is a piece of code I put in there to place a pilot at their hub if they have never flown a flight, if they have a hub assigned. It was working at the start but I ended up modifying a bunch so it may have gotten forgotten about, ill take a look at it.

As well, now that it is all good for her and she can bid on flights now, my database base has only updated once and it shows me sitting on the ground but not her or the other guy. Now that I find rather odd. :D

Sorry, I dont get the question here....

If I go into my database via phpmyadmin and look at the realschedule table, I am the only one that got updated. She does not even show up in the database.

table.jpg

There ya go. And this is after she got her pirep accepted and can now bid on flights out of airports .

• Administrators

If I go into my database via phpmyadmin and look at the realschedule table, I am the only one that got updated. She does not even show up in the database.

table.jpg

There ya go. And this is after she got her pirep accepted and can now bid on flights out of airports .

Oh, the system uses the last pirep arrival to place the pilot, but first it looks at the real schedule table to see if the pilot has "jumpseated" since the last pirep was filed, so you will only see an entry in that table after a pilot jumpseats, then it will not update again until the pilot "jumpseats" again. The system will use the newest location between the pireps table and the realschedule table. B)

It's me again with a simple quick question. If we go into our config file in the core folder and disable a route once it is bid on, does it lock up that flight if we use real schedule? I was doing a flight yesterday, and another guy went in and bid on the same exact flight while I was in the air with that aircraft. He was not able to get off the ground while I was still in the air though. Now the aircraft is on the ground at KMCI instead of KOKC where he bid on it, but yet the flight still shows as a recent bid on my site because he was not able to fly it.

So yeah, I am just curious about the locking up of the flight. I found it kind of weird he was able to bid on a flight I already did. ;)

• Administrators

It's me again with a simple quick question. If we go into our config file in the core folder and disable a route once it is bid on, does it lock up that flight if we use real schedule? I was doing a flight yesterday, and another guy went in and bid on the same exact flight while I was in the air with that aircraft. He was not able to get off the ground while I was still in the air though. Now the aircraft is on the ground at KMCI instead of KOKC where he bid on it, but yet the flight still shows as a recent bid on my site because he was not able to fly it.

So yeah, I am just curious about the locking up of the flight. I found it kind of weird he was able to bid on a flight I already did. ;)

Going to have to do some work on this one, I think I can tie the config settings into the module. I will play with it some but I want to say I am using the core "bids" structure so if you have the config set to not allow bids on a flight already bid on, it should not allow you to bid on it again till it has been flown... Not sure, but I will look. :unsure:

Ok I'll go look in config right now and lock up the bids/flights on a bid and test it out. If that is what you use for the schedules then it should work. ;) It is just something I never thought of when I installed this addon until the situation came up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

If I remember correctly I did not include any code to limit the day of the week. I think the theory behind it was not to strand a pilot without a flight due to the day of the week. Is this something you would want in the future?

hey simpilot, I sent you a pm before I saw your signature saying you dont respond to them- sorry for the inconvenience, here's my inquiry:

I'm setting up my virtual airline website right now to support multicrew (shared cockpit) functions. I would like to set it up so that two pilots have to reserve the same flight bid before it removes from the database. So that the two pilots who flew, can both log the flight in their log books, and that the plane they used would still be positioned correctly. Do you know what code could I add to the config file ? If you could help it would do wonders for my va.

thanks

trev m

• Administrators

Hi Trev,

If I am following you, I think both pilots can file a PIREP for the same flight and the aircraft will end up where you want it to be. The module uses the last PIREP destination to place the aircraft, so no matter which pilot files first they will both be at the same destination so the aircraft should be there as well. B)

Ok gotcha - two pilots can file pireps for a flight and the plane will still be positioned correctly. But what I'm wondering is if it would be compatible with the flight bidding system. My current understanding is that once a pilot bids on a flight in the schedule, that plane and the route is reserved to that pilot, and disappears from the schedule until the leg is completed or the bid expires. So I want to make it so that 2 pilots have to bid on that same route and both can reserve it before it dissapears from the schedule..

thanks for the fast response !

trev m.

Hi Trev,

Add the following to local.config.php and this will free up the schedules for multiple bookings.

# If someone places a bid, whether to disable that or not

Config::Set('DISABLE_SCHED_ON_BID', false);

Config::Set('DISABLE_BIDS_ON_BID', false);

Cheers

Mark

• Administrators

I'm getting a 504 Gateway Time-out when I click the link for the schedules.

Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from http://forum.phpvms....elite-beta-10/.

Not sure what all this is - you have links to google and back to this forum.... :blink:

Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from http://forum.phpvms....elite-beta-10/.

Not sure what all this is - you have links to google and back to this forum.... :blink:

REALSchedulesLite Here is the link to my schedules page. That is the error that comes up when anyone tried to go there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 5 times and still keep getting the error. All flights have its own plane so not sure what is going on. :unsure:

• Administrators

Everything but the base index function of the module seems to be working on your site. I get timeout errors when trying to access the index of the module. Did you create looping routes for all of the enabled aircraft? It seems to me that the system gets stuck looking for the next flight leg for the aircraft which may not exist.

post-198-089991500 1276707447_thumb.jpg

post-198-006451900 1276707465_thumb.jpg

Everything but the base index function of the module seems to be working on your site. I get timeout errors when trying to access the index of the module. Did you create looping routes for all of the enabled aircraft? It seems to me that the system gets stuck looking for the next flight leg for the aircraft which may not exist.

I thought all my schedules were routed correctly, I will go over them one by one to see what may be causing it. Let me do that and I will let you know what I find in there that may be causing the problem.

When looping a schedule, they don't have to use the same route back to the original airport do they? Say for example that I have KBOS -> CYYZ -> CYWG then on the return flight back I have CYWG -> CYUL -> KBOS you don't think that would cause the problem do you? Do the schedules need to have the same route in reverse?

• 2 weeks later...

Great Add-On. Thanks for it! But a little problem: New pilots are general stationing at EDDK. But if they klick the RealScheduleLite-Link of this airport, the message is "You are not at this airport" and they can't add a flight to their BIDs. "You are here" ist right, but then it isn't going further for them. And yes, there are enough aircrafts to fly at the airport.

• Administrators

Great Add-On. Thanks for it! But a little problem: New pilots are general stationing at EDDK. But if they klick the RealScheduleLite-Link of this airport, the message is "You are not at this airport" and they can't add a flight to their BIDs. "You are here" ist right, but then it isn't going further for them. And yes, there are enough aircrafts to fly at the airport.

Have you assigned the pilots to a hub? - I built in a qualifier in the index template to put the pilot at their hub if they have never filed a PIREP.

$location = RealScheduleLiteData::get_pilot_location(Auth::$userinfo->pilotid);
   if(!$location)
   {
       $icao = Auth::$userinfo->hub;
   }
   else
   {
       $icao = $location->arricao;
   }

Make sure that has not been modified out of your template and also check to see if the pilot has a hub assigned in the pilots table of the database.