REALScheduleLite beta 1.0 [DEPRECATED]

REALScheduleLite beta 1.0

phpVMS module to create a realistic aircraft placement scenario including jumpseat ticket purchases within your phpVMS managed virtual airline allowing pilots to fly flights available from their current location.

Developed by:

simpilot

www.simpilotgroup.com

Developed on:

phpVMS 2.1.934

php 5.2.11

mysql 5.0.51

apache 2.2.11

Install:

-Download the attached package.

-unzip the package and place the files as structured in your root phpVMS install.

-use the realschedulelite.sql file to create the table needed in your sql database using phpmyadmin or similar.

Open local.config.php and add

# Jumpseat Ticket Cost Per NM
Config::Set('JUMPSEAT_COST', '.25');

Change the '.25' to what you want to charge per mile of flight for a jumpseat ticket for your pilots. As it stands it is set to 25 cents per mile.

Create a link for your pilots to get to the Real Schedule Lite dispatch center

<?php echo url('/RealScheduleLite'); ?>

If you are requiring your pilots to use the Real Schedule Lite routing system you must disable all links to the built in phpVMS schedule listings. Any /index.php/schedules links will take the pilot to the native scheduling system and allow them to bid on any flight in the system.

Aircraft and Routes

EVERY aircraft must have a looping routing system, in other words, it must return to the airfield it first started at on its last flight leg or it will become stranded. It does not matter how many flight legs are in the route for the aircraft but it must only go to each airfield one time.

example of a looping route:

flight 1 - KBOS - KATL

flight 2 - KATL - KDEN

flight 3 - KDEN - KORD

flight 4 - KORD - KBOS

Each aircraft in your inventory can only be assigned to one looped route.

Pilots

A new pilot is automatically stationed at the hub he is assigned to.

An active pilot will be placed at the arrival location of the last filed PIREP or last jumpseat ticket purchased, whichever is most recent.

If a pilot gets "stranded" at an airport all the jumpseat tickets to airports with available aircraft must be purchased but the cost is set at $0.

I have included the basis to count how many jumpseat tickets a pilot has purchased, more functionality will come in future versions with this part of the module.

Any aircraft and routes that do not follow this method need to be disabled in the admin panel.

This is a VERY BASIC BETA version of this module. It only includes basic functionality and does not include the New England Virtual route builder and mapping functions.

Nabeel has set up a bug tracker for REALScheduleLite here -> http://bugs.phpvms.net/browse/RSL Please use it to report bugs,, THANKS! ;)

Released under the following license:

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License

Some Screenshots

rsl1.jpg

rsl2.jpg

rsl3.jpg

Is there a way to intergate this into the page where pilots make their bids? if you know what i mean :S

• Administrators

Is there a way to intergate this into the page where pilots make their bids? if you know what i mean :S

You can build the template for your pilot bidding with the code provided, just include the necessary data elements from the realschedule module in the method called to display the pilot bids.

first of all REALScheduleLite is a great add-on :rolleyes:

but like many other people I came to a problem when flying for example Austrian Arrows Flightplan with Plane getting stranded

LOWW-UKBB

UKBB-LOWW

LOWW-EFHK

EFHK-LOWW

my question is their a workaround to get flights takeoff fly to destination and return and takeoff from Location of first flight?

thanks in advance

Thomas

• Administrators

first of all REALScheduleLite is a great add-on :rolleyes:

but like many other people I came to a problem when flying for example Austrian Arrows Flightplan with Plane getting stranded

LOWW-UKBB

UKBB-LOWW

LOWW-EFHK

EFHK-LOWW

my question is their a workaround to get flights takeoff fly to destination and return and takeoff from Location of first flight?

thanks in advance

Thomas

You will have to make some modifications to the core of the addon to accomplish being able to visit the same airfield within the same route without duplicate routes being available for the aircraft. You will have to find a way to get the aircraft location and look at the last PIREP for it in order to grab the correct schedule for the next leg when you are at an airfield that is visited twice in the same route.

You will have to make some modifications to the core of the addon to accomplish being able to visit the same airfield within the same route without duplicate routes being available for the aircraft. You will have to find a way to get the aircraft location and look at the last PIREP for it in order to grab the correct schedule for the next leg when you are at an airfield that is visited twice in the same route.

If my loop for one of my aircraft is, as an example, the following:

ZE101 KJFK - KMIA

ZE102 KMIA - KJFK

ZE103 KJFK - KORD

ZE104 KORD - KJFK

Then with the current system it would only show the route ZE101 KJFK - KMIA. Why not show both ZE101 and ZE103, then the pilot can choose which of the two routes departing KJFK he wishes to fly?

Any ideas of how to get that working? Remove a certain if statement in the code?

Nout

Hi Simpilot!

I looked at your scripts and codes, and one thing is in my mind. Regarding that loop thing, so we can only make one loop with single aircraft...it is nonsense, but system works like that. Ok. BUT, if u change in codes that schedules are not shown by a/c id then by arricao maybe or something like that, so system will show all flights but sorted by arricao which are sorted by arrtime...so all flight will be in sight starting with first which comes earlier to destination and so...Is that possible? Im not so familliar with php coding, but my sense teel me something like that ;)

cheers

Maybe i do something wrong, and that is verry posible,

but when i click on "add to bid" at a airport for the next step of the loop

(i stand on ENBR and the next step is ENGM) this massage will appears.

No route passed

Can you tell me what do i wrong

I have added the program as told in the instructions.

I added specified steps from airport to airport including waypoint

Greetings

VA Surfcity

Fabian Hamans

• Administrators

Hi Simpilot!

I looked at your scripts and codes, and one thing is in my mind. Regarding that loop thing, so we can only make one loop with single aircraft...it is nonsense, but system works like that. Ok. BUT, if u change in codes that schedules are not shown by a/c id then by arricao maybe or something like that, so system will show all flights but sorted by arricao which are sorted by arrtime...so all flight will be in sight starting with first which comes earlier to destination and so...Is that possible? Im not so familliar with php coding, but my sense teel me something like that ;)

cheers

I am sorry that you find my script to be nonsense, I built it to try and accomplish what many at the time were wanting, a realistic aircraft placement module and this is what I came up with for that endeavor.

If you show all the flights leaving an airfield then does that not defeat the purpose of aircraft placement? If you are looking for something to only allow pilots to fly from the airport they are at, you do not need this module, you only need to add some code to your schedules and bids forms to only show flights from the airfield that the pilot is at.

You are also welcome to extend the code as you please to accomplish what you would like to do, just remember to follow the license requirements.

• Administrators

Maybe i do something wrong, and that is verry posible,

but when i click on "add to bid" at a airport for the next step of the loop

(i stand on ENBR and the next step is ENGM) this massage will appears.

No route passed

Can you tell me what do i wrong

I have added the program as told in the instructions.

I added specified steps from airport to airport including waypoint

Greetings

VA Surfcity

Fabian Hamans

The no route passed error is a template error that usually refers to a javascript issue. There is no one specific solution, but you can find many threads about the issue in the support forum with the search function

Here is a good thread to start with in your search for answers - http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/3697-no-route-passed/

Hi thsnks for great add-on

I have 2 problem

1- I folowed all the replyes before this and edite all the code but until have the problem by new pilot that they dont show they current location and they are not able to add bid. they must move to other airport bu jumpeset after that they can add bid.

2- after I upload some of this addons I gote new problem that I hadnt it before. when pilot priep their flight and i want to check their log their is not show any thing in their log.

:(

• Administrators

The issue of the pilot not showing up anywhere if they have not ever flown a flight has been floating around since about 10 beta updates ago. I am not sure what has happened but if I ever extend the code I will find a workaround. It used to show the pilot at their hub to start.

As far as pireps not showing up in the pilot center, I do not believe that the module has anything to do with that, unless maybe the template code was embedded into that template. Try deleteing the addon files and see if you still have the problem.

The issue of the pilot not showing up anywhere if they have not ever flown a flight has been floating around since about 10 beta updates ago. I am not sure what has happened but if I ever extend the code I will find a workaround. It used to show the pilot at their hub to start.

As far as pireps not showing up in the pilot center, I do not believe that the module has anything to do with that, unless maybe the template code was embedded into that template. Try deleteing the addon files and see if you still have the problem.

Ok I will delet the addons and check it but I did one more thing mybe the log problem is for that:

I deletes this codes in profil_main.tpl

<li><a href="<?php echo url('/pireps/filepirep');?>">File a Pilot Report</a></li>

<li><a href="<?php echo url('/schedules/view');?>">View Flight Schedules</a></li>

and add

<li><a href="<?php echo url('/RealScheduleLite');?>">Flight Booking</a></li>

to book flight frome here

to pilot can not file report manualy and cant see the full scheduales.

and othere code in skin layot.tpl

<a href="<?php echo url('/pireps/new');?>">File a New PIREP</a> |

again for pilot cant pripe manualy.

I didnt do any thing.

and Im withing for you to slove problem for new pilots.

tanks

Hi

I check it again thats not dipent to that codes because the priep whit KAcars have normal LOG the problem is whit FSAcars and Xacars.

I a new informathon that i couldnt find in the topics. I want when one pilot add a flight to her bid other pilot can not see that flight in RLS or if they see they can not add it to their bid.

• Administrators

Is there i way to put in a route info link under where you add the bid.

You should be able to add it right in the template. Try coping the one you want and pasting it where you want it in the RSL template. I dont have it open right now but I am pretty sure the variables are all there to make it work.

• Administrators

I want when one pilot add a flight to her bid other pilot can not see that flight in RLS or if they see they can not add it to their bid.

The module would have to be changed to the core, I did not build it around routes, I instead built it around aircraft so the "disable on bid" function that is built into phpVMS is not much help.

• Administrators

I know it work but i want to made two difrent loop for one aircraft for ex: a pilot in A have to chois to add bid whit one aircraft to A or B

The module is designed for one aircraft - one loop

From the readme

Aircraft and Routes

EVERY aircraft must have a looping routing system, in other words, it must return to the airfield it first started at on its last flight leg or it will become stranded. It does not matter how many flight legs are in the route for the aircraft but it must only go to each airfield one time.

example of a looping route:

flight 1 - KBOS - KATL

flight 2 - KATL - KDEN

flight 3 - KDEN - KORD

flight 4 - KORD - KBOS

Each aircraft in your inventory can only be assigned to one looped route.

Hi Simpilot, great addon idea and i like RSL and thx for your great work. I have two questions for a modification.

1. It´s possible to show up in the list only airports with aircraft (because i´ve over 560 Airports at my database and the list will going to long)?What must i change an RSL.

2. How do i change from aircraft reg to show up aircraft icao?

regards

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Aloha Virtual is now using this system, one question, when a pirep is submitted via FSpassengers it moves the wrong airframe and we have to edit the pirep to get the right airframe at the right airfield. Is there a work around or solution for this?

Thanks in advance

I have not put anything together, it is a bug that is created from FSPax not submitting a aircraft id number that corresponds with the id from the database.

Hi Simpilot, great addon idea and i like RSL and thx for your great work. I have two questions for a modification.

1. It´s possible to show up in the list only airports with aircraft (because i´ve over 560 Airports at my database and the list will going to long)?What must i change an RSL.

2. How do i change from aircraft reg to show up aircraft icao?

regards

Andy

Hi Andy. The answer to question number 1 is to add pagination to your website. This one has been asked and answered a time or two already. Do a quick search for pagination and that should help you out some. AS for the second question, that is best left to someone other than me.

Have fun!