Error when submitting pireps

Vetrro

PHP Version: 7.4.21
phpVMS Version: 7.0.0-dev+210620.cde6fb
MariaDB Version: 10.3.29

Whenever a pirep is submitted it throws out this error:   "Trying to get property 'name' of non-object {"userId":1,"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): Trying to get property 'name' of non-object at /phpvms/app/Services/PirepService.php:577)"

and I'm not to sure how to go about fixing it so any help would be great :) Thanks.

also included an image of where the error is occurring if that helps 

f13b985e21191a2c337e507e2e00f12b.png

Edit:

Also some further information regarding this, When the pirep is summited it still goes through to the admin panel for viewing/approving but when the actual submission is done it brings up a 500 server error page for the user submitting it. 

Edited by Vetrro

On 7/12/2021 at 2:32 PM, Vetrro said:

Whenever a pirep is submitted it throws out this error:   "Trying to get property 'name' of non-object"

That line belongs to the code part of "custom" pirep fields which are defined by the va admin (probably by you).

/**
     * Update any custom PIREP fields
     * @param string            $pirep_id
     * @param PirepFieldValue[] $field_values
     */
    public function updateCustomFields(string $pirep_id, array $field_values): void
    {
        if (!$field_values || empty($field_values)) {
            return;
        }

foreach ($field_values as $fv) {
            PirepFieldValue::updateOrCreate(
                ['pirep_id' => $pirep_id, 'name' => $fv->name], // This is line 577 your error refers
                ['value' => $fv->value, 'source' => $fv->source]
            );
        }
    }

What that errors says is this "You want me to use the name of a custom field, but I can not find the that custom field itself"

I would suggest checking your custom fields defined for pireps first.

• Like 1

We have a custom field in the pirep area and if I remove the field pireps file fine again but I would like to keep the field if I could. I tried re-adding the field after deleting it and it still has the issue.  So by the error saying it cant find the custom field is that meaning It cant find it on the pirep creation page? Or does it mean that it cant find some other way. Sorry if I'm frustrating to answer but I'm not too good with code stuff as of yet lol

As for the custom field it is showing up on the pirep creation page as a field and can be filled out. I've included images of what I mean not sure if it is any help at all though shows the field that is created in the admin panel and then the field showing up on the pirep creation page.

Thanks for the reply at least I understand what's causing the issue now I just still don't know how to get a fix in.

d406199787f449479ffb946eb4a01bfc.png

ff0f3b547d6055323ea9fda425a7060f.png

On 7/13/2021 at 11:35 PM, Vetrro said:

We have a custom field in the pirep area and if I remove the field pireps file fine again but I would like to keep the field if I could. I tried re-adding the field after deleting it and it still has the issue.  So by the error saying it cant find the custom field is that meaning It cant find it on the pirep creation page? Or does it mean that it cant find some other way. Sorry if I'm frustrating to answer but I'm not too good with code stuff as of yet lol

As for the custom field it is showing up on the pirep creation page as a field and can be filled out. I've included images of what I mean not sure if it is any help at all though shows the field that is created in the admin panel and then the field showing up on the pirep creation page.

Thanks for the reply at least I understand what's causing the issue now I just still don't know how to get a fix in.

Sorry for the late reply, I totally forgot this message :(

Can you please change that fields name to CI or CostIndex (no spaces between Cost and Index) and try, the error may be related to the space being used in the name. If this does not help, we may look further.