CODE that detects the network in which you are flying!

VIELMA16

Hello, 

I would like to know a code with which the network in which a pilot has flown or is flying online can be detected (IVAO / VATSIM or OFFLINE).

In my airline, taking into account the current regulations, pilots who do not fly ONLINE in IVAO or VATSIM their flights are rejected. We use smartCARS but I have detected that even if they select fly "ONLINE IN IVAO", for example,  they are not flying in IVAO and I want to prevent that.

I really appreciate the help!

Best Regards,

JULIO

• Moderators
On 8/12/2021 at 1:21 PM, VIELMA16 said:

Hello, 

I would like to know a code with which the network in which a pilot has flown or is flying online can be detected (IVAO / VATSIM or OFFLINE).

In my airline, taking into account the current regulations, pilots who do not fly ONLINE in IVAO or VATSIM their flights are rejected. We use smartCARS but I have detected that even if they select fly "ONLINE IN IVAO", for example,  they are not flying in IVAO and I want to prevent that.

I really appreciate the help!

Best Regards,

JULIO

You need API from VATSIM or IVAO in order to be able to get your pilot's log info. If your ACARS client somehow logs their record in VATSIM or IVAO networks then you'll be able to fetch that data and apply rules to it. Otherwise, you'll have to just trust your pilots.

1 hour ago, Parkho said:

You need API from VATSIM or IVAO in order to be able to get your pilot's log info. If your ACARS client somehow logs their record in VATSIM or IVAO networks then you'll be able to fetch that data and apply rules to it. Otherwise, you'll have to just trust your pilots.

Thank you so much Parkho!

• Like 1

IMHO, for IVAO, you can try to parse IVAO whazzup data, and compare it to your pilot's flight data. If something match (can be vid, and/or callsign, and/or strings at the remark), then the system tag it online per whazzup download. So you have to set minimum value for the whole flight to be reported as online flight.

Or you can try for their private APIv2, which require token for an approved VA.

But, still i can't write a code for that, so i would like to know too..

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, YusufBudi said:

IMHO, for IVAO, you can try to parse IVAO whazzup data, and compare it to your pilot's flight data. If something match (can be vid, and/or callsign, and/or strings at the remark), then the system tag it online per whazzup download. So you have to set minimum value for the whole flight to be reported as online flight.

Or you can try for their private APIv2, which require token for an approved VA.

But, still i can't write a code for that, so i would like to know too..

If you get that API then I'll write the code for it! 

1 hour ago, Parkho said:

If you get that API then I'll write the code for it! 

Great..

This is the documentation link for IVAO APIv2 https://wiki.ivao.aero/en/home/devops/api/documentation-v2.

I don't know which one you need, but you might want to look at the user session on the private API set.

Also, to use the private API, va must be listed as official in IVAO, and only then they can request the token to use the API. Which i believe is not difficult for Vielma16 and Srilankan Virtual.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, YusufBudi said:

Great..

This is the documentation link for IVAO APIv2 https://wiki.ivao.aero/en/home/devops/api/documentation-v2.

I don't know which one you need, but you might want to look at the user session on the private API set.

Also, to use the private API, va must be listed as official in IVAO, and only then they can request the token to use the API. Which i believe is not difficult for Vielma16 and Srilankan Virtual.

Get a token and send it to me in pv

Technically, what the main question owner wants does not need a private token or a private api access ... Those checks can be done simply with the public access (public whazzup data). 

You can fetch the data (with minimum 15 second interval for both networks), do your checks however you wish and then either store the data in a database table or delete it. If your acars software is sending live data to your phpvms, then you can do your checks live and mark the flight online/offline as you wish. If it is sending all the pirep info after the flight then you need to store the live whazzup data with (prefably utc) time codes (like one copy for every 5 mins and keep the last 24 hours) and then check them according to the pirep (prefably utc) times to see if the pilot was online or not during the flight.

Anyway, these are technical details ... I already did it for phpvms v7 with public api access, so it can be done for v5 too. 

Hope you can find your solution for v5.x series.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, DisposableHero said:

Technically, what the main question owner wants does not need a private token or a private api access ... Those checks can be done simply with the public access (public whazzup data). 

You can fetch the data (with minimum 15 second interval for both networks), do your checks however you wish and then either store the data in a database table or delete it. If your acars software is sending live data to your phpvms, then you can do your checks live and mark the flight online/offline as you wish. If it is sending all the pirep info after the flight then you need to store the live whazzup data with (prefably utc) time codes (like one copy for every 5 mins and keep the last 24 hours) and then check them according to the pirep (prefably utc) times to see if the pilot was online or not during the flight.

Anyway, these are technical details ... I already did it for phpvms v7 with public api access, so it can be done for v5 too. 

Hope you can find your solution for v5.x series.

This is correct and can be done for v5.x as well