Transferring hours

atrdriver

I am getting ready to take my phpVMS website live to replace my older VAM powered one.  Question is, is there a way for me to enter my pilots transferred hours so they show as flight time and not transferred hours?  Like manually editing the total in the database?  Or possibly filing a manual PIREP with all the transferred hours?  I'm just looking for a way for them to show up in a pilots hours, and not have it be listed under transferred hours. 

Thanks in advance,

john croft

31 minutes ago, atrdriver said:

I am getting ready to take my phpVMS website live to replace my older VAM powered one.  Question is, is there a way for me to enter my pilots transferred hours so they show as flight time and not transferred hours?  Like manually editing the total in the database?  Or possibly filing a manual PIREP with all the transferred hours?  I'm just looking for a way for them to show up in a pilots hours, and not have it be listed under transferred hours. 

Thanks in advance,

john croft

"not have it be listed under transferred hours"

• Manually editing database : Will not work 'cause user stats get re-calculated every night
  • Filing a manual pirep for each user, then editing its "flight time" directly from database : Is the only solution according to your above mentioned wish. (which may have small side effects but will not be harmful I think)

Why do you want that hours to be listed as normal hours, in fact there are actually transferred hours from your old system ? I see nothing wrong there 'cause those transfer hours are used in ranks / rewards etc (if you enable that setting too). So if you define same ranks (matching or improving your old system), all will be auto selected by their vms7 hours + transferred hours etc. (same applies to awards too)

Also as the admin of the va, you will have full control over your theme(s). In those you can simply show the total hours without any separation if you need so (like in roster and user profile). This of course needs some blade editing but nothing hard there.

Hope you find the best solution for your new system ;)

Just a side note :

• Pirep / flight_time is in minutes, so when editing the pireps one by one for each user, you need to enter their VAM hours as minutes
  • User / transfer_hours is in hours, no conversion needed.

Edited by DisposableHero
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Hero.  I guess for now I will just leave it at transferred hours as is.  That was the only complaint that I had from the couple of pilots that I had testing things.

On a different topic.  I had phpvms running on another website to get it all set up.  Today I tried to make it live by changing the domain names around.  It was originally running on a site called www.shootingstarfan.com, and I changed it's domain to our live site, which is www.flycoa.com.  I changed the domain name in env.php, which was the only place where I could find a reference to the website domain.  But when I try to go to it I get a server error.  I looked for a log from today, and there isn't one.  Is there someplace else I have to change the domain names, or am I going to have to re-install and then import the databases?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, atrdriver said:

Thanks Hero.  I guess for now I will just leave it at transferred hours as is.  That was the only complaint that I had from the couple of pilots that I had testing things.

On a different topic.  I had phpvms running on another website to get it all set up.  Today I tried to make it live by changing the domain names around.  It was originally running on a site called www.shootingstarfan.com, and I changed it's domain to our live site, which is www.flycoa.com.  I changed the domain name in env.php, which was the only place where I could find a reference to the website domain.  But when I try to go to it I get a server error.  I looked for a log from today, and there isn't one.  Is there someplace else I have to change the domain names, or am I going to have to re-install and then import the databases?  Thanks.

What were they complained about... Two values being separated logically or visually ? If it is visuals only (which the pilots see) it can be fixed though (we can make them happily fly ever after), but if they are against the logic behind it then I think they need to focus on their flights rather than administrative issues :)

Are those domains on same server and under same hosting account ?

If yes, then after copying over all files to the new domain (or subdomain) changing the APP_URL value at env.php should be enough (considering the database server remains same). That was what I did when switching from test to live (same server different subdomains, same database).

No laravel log from today seems like the problem is somewhere in the server (apache/nginx or php) config, it fails before even loading laravel core. So for more comments, we need to see logs.

And double check that new server's capabilities against phpvms requirements, if they are not under the same hosting account.

As you were probably typing that I did a search for the old domain name inside all the website's files, and found it a LOT in the file

\phpvms\bootstrap\cache\config.php

I changed all of them and it appears to be working now, at least I can log in and all the data seems to be there.  Yes, it is the same hosting company, and both sited were inside my account there.  There were a bunch of other files that had the shootingstarfan domain name in them, but they were all long file names that made no sense, such as

\phpvms\storage\framework\sessions\BaxV6zu49204SbJNn91VxnIsc9ZNnhjZhNV0jVzI

Hopefully the config.php file got it working :)  And someday I hope to be smart enough to edit the blade files, but I'm not there yet.

Thanks a TON!!!!

1 hour ago, atrdriver said:

As you were probably typing that I did a search for the old domain name inside all the website's files, and found it a LOT in the file

\phpvms\bootstrap\cache\config.php

I changed all of them and it appears to be working now, at least I can log in and all the data seems to be there.  Yes, it is the same hosting company, and both sited were inside my account there.  There were a bunch of other files that had the shootingstarfan domain name in them, but they were all long file names that made no sense, such as

\phpvms\storage\framework\sessions\BaxV6zu49204SbJNn91VxnIsc9ZNnhjZhNV0jVzI

Hopefully the config.php file got it working :)  And someday I hope to be smart enough to edit the blade files, but I'm not there yet.

Thanks a TON!!!!

My pleasure 😇

Oh, we forgot to clear the cache :D Poor laravel was trying to act on the old domains cache at the new domain. Sorry I forgot that step, technically you need to clean the cache (delete some files) when you swap domains/subdomains. No need to edit files under cache folders, phpvms generates them on the first run when not found (and this manual cache cleaning process is sometimes becomes a key factor for updates)

When you need a blade change, just let me know (either via forum or discord), I may not be able to do the change for you but at least I can give you some basic info about it ;) 

Safe flights,