SMPirepValidator v.1.3 (UPDATED) for phpVMS v5.5.2.72 @ProAvia (tested under PHP 7.4)

Nascoli

Hi guys, I'm making this module available for free. Enjoy!

Bug report: contatct@smartmodules.com.br

Feel free to contribute improvements! 😉

Download: https://github.com/smmodules/SMPirepValidator

/**
 * SMPirepValidator v.1.3 for phpVMS (tested under PHP 7.4 and phpVMS v5.5.2.72 by @ProAvia)
 * @description This module aims to validate if the pilot made his flights online on the IVAO and VATSIM networks
 * SmartModules addon module for phpVMS virtual airline system
 * @link https://smartmodules.com.br
 * SmartModules addon modules are licensed under the following license:
 * Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike (by-nc-sa)
 * To view full license text visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
 * @author Ton Nascoli (SmartModules)
 * @copyright Copyright (c) 2021, Ton Nascoli
 * @license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
 */

Install:
1. Download the ZIP file in your computer
2. Extract the zip file into a folder of your choice
3. Go to the folder where you extracted the files and access the phpvms_content folder
4. Upload the ADMIN and CORE folders to your website by placing them in the phpvms root folder
5. If asked to replace files, click YES

Install sm_onlinelog.sql
Just import the sm_onlinelog.sql file using your PhpMyAdmin

CRON JOB
This is the commonly used command line. If in doubt, consult your host provider

/usr/bin/GET https://{your_website}/{your_phpvms_folder}/action.php/SMPirepValidator/run_check

How does work?
After you enable CRON JOB, the module will add all the pilot's flight logs to the sm_onlinelog table.
When validating the PIREP, the system will show if the LOG was found and will enable the administrator
to see the LOG of the flight performed at IVAO/VATSIM.

ENJOY!!!!

NOTE

• Tested under PHP 7.4 and phpVMS v5.5.2.72 (by @ProAvia)
  • We made a little bit change to the original code of the pirep_list.php file to allow the IVAO / VATSIM flight log to be presented when validating PIREP. Therefore, it is important that you back up your file. This file is in the admin/templates folder. We have provided a backup of the original file in the bkp_original_file folder.

Captura de tela 2021-10-23 12.31.40.png

Captura de tela 2021-10-23 12.33.16.png

• 1 month later...

This looks like a great module! However, after following the installation instructions, my website was inaccessible (HTTP 500) until I deleted the "SMPirepValidator.php" file from the MODULE folder "SMPirepValidator"... Has anyone else reached out with a similar issue? Thanks! My php version is 7.4, and I'm currently on phpVMS 5.5.2.72

Edited by Dyl1103

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2022 at 10:55 PM, ProAvia said:

phpVMS 5.5.2.72 isn'tfully compatible with PHP 7.4 - as stated in the readme file.

Additionally, if you are using MySQL 5.7.5 or greater or MariaDB 10.2 or greater, some basic phpVMS functions will not work.

Not sure if you're responding to me or just commenting in general, since the post says:

On 10/23/2021 at 11:34 AM, Nascoli said:

Tested under PHP 7.4 and phpVMS v5.5.2.72

But either way, I've given up on trying to get this module to work. We've been doing good without it, although it would be fun haha.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Dyl1103 said:

Not sure if you're responding to me or just commenting in general, since the post says:

But either way, I've given up on trying to get this module to work. We've been doing good without it, although it would be fun haha.

While it was a general statement, I'm the one who coded phpVMS 5.5.2 to work in php 7.0-7.2 -- hence the version phpVMS 5.5.2.72

5.5.2.72 doesn't fully work/install on php versions above 7.2

There will be errors and incompatibilities.

My guess is it was either installed under php 7.2 and then the php version was changed to 7.4 or possibly error reporting is off or not set up to show pertinent errors - or both.

• Like 1

phpvms 5.5.2.72 is not guaranteed to work under php v7.4. And due to that, the older modules won't always work right, and may cause these kinds of errors, my suggestion is to move the version of php down to V7.0-7.2 and see if it works fine with that, if not then it could be making too many calls out and causing your server to hang.

• 10 months later...
  • Nascoli changed the title to SMPirepValidator v.1.2 (UPDATED) for phpVMS v5.5.2.72 (tested under PHP 7.4)

@Nascoli So we got that module install, had to fix a few things but I am getting this erro code “PHP Warning:  Missing argument 2 for SMPirepValidator::clearField(), called in /core/modules/SMPirepValidator/SMPirepValidator.php on line 61 and defined in /core/modules/SMPirepValidator/SMPirepValidator.php on line 199”

this is the code that we have 

3E432F72-AE03-4C54-B926-58546700B8D1.jpeg

7724BF91-4BE1-44B2-8EEC-7F97078D917D.jpeg

Edited by Atcarrillo
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2023 at 1:13 PM, Atcarrillo said:

@Nascoli So we got that module install, had to fix a few things but I am getting this erro code “PHP Warning:  Missing argument 2 for SMPirepValidator::clearField(), called in /core/modules/SMPirepValidator/SMPirepValidator.php on line 61 and defined in /core/modules/SMPirepValidator/SMPirepValidator.php on line 199”

this is the code that we have 

3E432F72-AE03-4C54-B926-58546700B8D1.jpeg

7724BF91-4BE1-44B2-8EEC-7F97078D917D.jpeg

Thanks for your report. I have uploaded a new version which is currently in use and without any errors.

This module was tested on PHP 7.4 and phpVMS v5.5.2.72 @ProAvia.

Edited by Nascoli
  • Thanks 1

• Nascoli changed the title to SMPirepValidator v.1.3 (UPDATED) for phpVMS v5.5.2.72 @ProAvia (tested under PHP 7.4)