Pilot ID Assignment not automatic

Jbaltazar67

I would like to make sure that when a driver registers in Phpvms, he can put his assigned CS
by the VA .
For the moment I am obliged to modify the CS with each inscription of a new pilot example AEL022 becomes 002 automatically, I set up on the home page a box CS for this purpose, if there is means to make I am taker :😉

Pilot (technically user) ID is always automatic can not be changed, it is a database/core thing. Pilot IDENT can be manually adjusted/changed if you need to, and when a new pilot registers to your VA he/she gets an automatic ident too.

If you can explain the problem you are facing a little bit more clear, maybe someone can help more.

airline icao = DSP
second airline icao = ACA
pilot ident lenght setting = 4

user_id | pilot_ident
1 | DSP 0001 ( this is probably you )
2 | DSP 0002
3 | DSP 1001 ( you set this manually from admin -> users -> edit user )

4 | DSP 1002 ( a new user registered after you manually assigned an ident to a pilot )
5 | ACA 1003 ( this user wanted to be a pilot of ACA )

6 |          ( You rejected an applicant )
7 | DSP 1004 
8 | DSP 2201 ( you like this guy and gave him a special ident )

9 | ACA 2202 ( another new user registered, gets the next ident and chooses to be a pilot of ACA too )

and so on.

Edited by DisposableHero

I wanted to say to be more precise that I have my CS AEL006 assigned by the VA, when I register on Phpvms for untiliser Vmsacars, I must modify in the admin part the CS given automatically, this I understood well :) .
In your answer you specify well that it is necessary to modify manually and that one cannot modify the automatism of attribution of the CS.
So I deduce that the box I added in the registration form is useless 😉
In any case DisposableHero, I appreciate your modules and especially your availability to answer my questions sometimes a little confused not being English speaking, I use DEEPL to translate.
Thanks again 👍

14 hours ago, Jbaltazar67 said:

I wanted to say to be more precise that I have my CS AEL006 assigned by the VA, when I register on Phpvms for untiliser Vmsacars, I must modify in the admin part the CS given automatically, this I understood well :) .
In your answer you specify well that it is necessary to modify manually and that one cannot modify the automatism of attribution of the CS.
So I deduce that the box I added in the registration form is useless 😉
In any case DisposableHero, I appreciate your modules and especially your availability to answer my questions sometimes a little confused not being English speaking, I use DEEPL to translate.
Thanks again 👍

Ah, I got it now :)

You want the pilot to be able to write (or select) his own ident at registration. Or maybe later he can choose a different one if admin allows this...

No, this is not possible at the moment :( Maybe I can work for it later, a new feature for one of the modules ;)

Best wishes,