not found in scenery database

FDC1601

Hi gents,

Since using vmsACARS for phpvms7, all first 20 flights have been doing very good except for the last two. My last two have flights would not load the vmsACARS do to "not found in scenery database". Second to last flight from KONT to KAFW, KAFW would not be found. On the last flight KAFW to KSHV, both would not be found. Both are in my Airports & Flights in admin. Synced updated airports in vmsACARS but still had the issue.

My Last flight:

11-06 10:26:29|INFO; MessageBox, message=Please correct the errors: 
ICAO "KAFW" not found in scenery database
ICAO "KSHV" not found in scenery database
11-06 10:27:02|INFO; Flight selected: FD1820
11-06 10:27:02|INFO; Loading flight, ID=96l10gvV69pNYem4

Is there a way to fix?

Thanks,

Hi,

Normally a scan of scenery with Acars sorts this problem.  

I have heard of a small problem if you use Makerunways to scan, it would appear that this software can skip passed some airports.  I think I saw somewhere that someone had to enter the airport manually in the data file.

However that's all a guess, what Simulator are you using ?

Is the scenery actually in the simulator ?

I did find that in MS2020 an airport was skipped also.

regards

Doug

5 hours ago, lorlandi said:

Hi, maybe the solution is going to admin / settings / general and " Allow unadded airports ( If an un-added airport is used, it is looked up and added ) ".

regards

Luis

Hi Luis,

That's fine for PHPvms v7 but that does not solve the Acars scenery database issue.  I checked, both Airports will lookup and go into PHPvms

I am sorry but I do not use makerunways and never have but it was that program that is skipping your airports.

I am not sure who solved it, maybe it was Disposable Hero.  They somehow added the data manually to the makerunways data file and that solved it.  But it is definitely a problem with that software.  Maybe they might have a solution in the Pete Dowson forum for that software.  Also check Avsim forum.

regards

Doug

Hi,

Step 1 : Use latest MakeRunways available for your simulator, run it as an Administrator (not the latest one but the latest one for your simulator, this is important)

Step 2 : Check the contents of generated Runways.xml (in your root simulator folder, like D:\Aviation\FsX\Runways.xml)

Open the file with a plain text editor (like notepad or notepad++), click Search and type in the ICAO code of the airport you are having problems with (like EHAM).

If you see something like <ICAO id="EHAM"> in that file, this is good. Because this means that the airport/scenery you added to your FsX is recognized by MakeRunways and now is ready to be read by vmsAcars.

You can safely close the file, no need to edit things in here.

Step 3 : Run vmsAcars, go to settings, select FsX, check the path definition and click Re-Sync Scenery button.

Now, if you still get the same error then there is a problem either in vmsAcars or in the path defined for FsX (or the sim you selected).

What basically vmsAcars does is reading that Runways.xml (by using the path you provided) to create a database, you can do it as many time you wish when you add/remove sceneries to your sim. vmsAcars also tries to read parking stand positions etc from MakeRunways results but it is kind of optional and will not generate errors etc.

Example;

Simulator : FsX

Path : D:\Aviation\FsX

vmsAcars tried to read : D:\Aviation\FsX\runways.xml 

So if the path is not set or is not correct or vmsAcars has no rights to access that path then the database generation will fail. (You can see it from your acars logs, they are located under logs folder)

Running vmsAcars as admin may help to solve access rights problem.

----------------

So, what will happen if Step 2 (checking the airport in Runways.xl) fails.

Well, this is a little bit tricky and not related to phpVMS or vmsAcars, it is directly related with MakeRunways (Peter Dowson) or your simulator or you :)

MakeRunways sometimes skips reading some airports, I was not able to pinpoint the exact cause of this 'cause I am not using FsX/Prepar3D anymore but I think it is related with the afcad file or the addon.xml file of the scenery. One of friends had the problem, it was the afcad file :( We spoke with the developer, fixed the afcad and problem solved. In another case it was the addon.xml file not being read by MakeRunways, the file was ok but it was being skipped.

In this situation, solution is to add that airport manually to the Runways.xml file. I know this is hard because you need to find all the needed data for that airport, make it perfect with no syntax errors etc. But when done properly it works and that airport gets recognized by vmsAcars (without parking stands)

Best and safest way is to request that airports information from someone else, back in time I sent some pilots the part they need to add (to the end of) their Runway.xml file. Imagine like you do not have "EHAM" in your file but I do, then I send you only the part needed for EHAM by copying from my Runways.xml file.

Hope this helps and you can solve the problem

Edited by DisposableHero
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi There

I am facing a similar issue, but using MSFS.

Acars used to detect all airports, generics, add-ons (bought on generic, not new ones, I know the limitations!) but since one week or two it does not detect my airports and some basic, big airports are not detected with the error message in the topic title. 

(LOWI, LOWW, LHPP for example are missing. These were basic airports, now I have bought in the marketplace add-ons on top of that. But it does not detect e.g. LHMC which was a generic Asobo-field ...)

These used to work as I have recorded flights from/to there the last months...

Where is the Acars airport database pulled from? Where can I start the error search?

phpVMS Acars 1.0.0.2030

msfs 1.25.7.0

Thanks and regards

Attila

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Atkamen said:

Hi There

Acars used to detect all airports, generics, add-ons (bought on generic, not new ones, I know the limitations!) but since one week or two it does not detect my airports and some basic, big airports are not detected with the error message in the topic title. 

(LOWI, LOWW, LHPP for example are missing. These were basic airports, now I have bought in the marketplace add-ons on top of that. But it does not detect e.g. LHMC which was a generic Asobo-field ...)

Where is the Acars airport database pulled from? Where can I start the error search?

phpVMS Acars 1.0.0.2030

msfs 1.25.7.0

Thanks and regards

Attila

In MSFS, are you using SU9 or SU8 or another SU?

Steam version or MS store version?

Some have reported issues - check the 'vmsacars, #support' channel in Discord.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Atkamen said:

Hi There

phpVMS Acars 1.0.0.2030

msfs 1.25.7.0

Thanks and regards

Attila

Technically you can not start searching or debugging the error :( I tried scanning a fresh installed sim with SU8 embedded during install, it was ok and all default airports + my addons in community folder was processed (added to database)

Then I updated to SU9, tried a new scan with a fresh installed vmsAcars, it went well too and all my airports was found.

One of my friends (a pilot of a VA I manage) faced the same issue, formatted his sim pc and fresh installed the sim (probably with SU8 like me), it went well and he is happy now. Another one (from the same VA) had the issue, he tried only re-installing the sim but he was not able to scan like you.

I am not telling you to format your disc of course, but this is a strange error and I "assume" it is something broken at msfs and this happened probably when switching from SU7 to SU8 (or in between them somehow maybe with a world update etc, maybe not detected) and now with SU9 it is effecting more pilots :(

Anyway, looks like only workaround now is using another pilots msfs_nav.db file (get it from a friend, place it on top of yours, do NOT re-sync until this problem is identified and fixed). I know, it will be missing your addons placed at community folder if you are not using the same addons with that pilot but at least you will be able to start a flight with acars.

Hope it helps

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ProAvia said:

In MSFS, are you using SU9 or SU8 or another SU?

Steam version or MS store version?

Some have reported issues - check the 'vmsacars, #support' channel in Discord.

SU9 and MS store - thanks will check the discord channel

5 hours ago, DisposableHero said:

Technically you can not start searching or debugging the error :( I tried scanning a fresh installed sim with SU8 embedded during install, it was ok and all default airports + my addons in community folder was processed (added to database)

Then I updated to SU9, tried a new scan with a fresh installed vmsAcars, it went well too and all my airports was found.

One of my friends (a pilot of a VA I manage) faced the same issue, formatted his sim pc and fresh installed the sim (probably with SU8 like me), it went well and he is happy now. Another one (from the same VA) had the issue, he tried only re-installing the sim but he was not able to scan like you.

I am not telling you to format your disc of course, but this is a strange error and I "assume" it is something broken at msfs and this happened probably when switching from SU7 to SU8 (or in between them somehow maybe with a world update etc, maybe not detected) and now with SU9 it is effecting more pilots :(

Anyway, looks like only workaround now is using another pilots msfs_nav.db file (get it from a friend, place it on top of yours, do NOT re-sync until this problem is identified and fixed). I know, it will be missing your addons placed at community folder if you are not using the same addons with that pilot but at least you will be able to start a flight with acars.

Hope it helps

Great ideas to start with - thank you very much.

Something has to be really broken somewhere inside the airport database as "stock" airports are also not recognized...

Cheers

Attila

23 hours ago, DisposableHero said:

Hope it helps

this workaround made it work again! thank you guys! 

cheers and regards

Attila

• 9 months later...