[ADD-ON] Disposable Extended Pack

DisposableHero

• 1 month later...

My apologies, I did not mean it as a test.  More so to put in time flying routes for your company and understanding how a real VA operates.  Kinda like a management training program.  I have 143 active users in my VA, and I have been working to provide them a platform based on phpVMS that we can all be proud of.  I meant no disrespect, and come humbled by your abilities.  You are a legend, and I only attempted to provide my team with an education obtained from the best.  I will send you the proof now.  Thank you.

Thanks for your kind thoughts :) I still prefer you flying for your own va along with some of your management staff (under a test environment/domain), get used to managing/configuring phpvms v7 and Disposable addons, then when you feel ok switch to live ops.

If you already have 143 active users, then you should already have some experience about VA management ;) Rest is just technical details, reading docs, trying out options, fine tuning things as per your needs, in simple term "admin duties". Being a member of my va will not provide you those details 'cause you will be a "pilot" there, no admin access, no rights to change things etc.

What you will get by installing Disposable Addons (Basic, Extended and Theme) is the same at my VA. I did not hided things to myself or my va, just added some personal things on top of them.

Check your messages too.

Best wishes

Thank you I understand.   I started as an Admin on day 1, as we had problems with the previous solution we used called OnAir.  We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary on Christmas day.  So you are right, I do have a bit of management experience, but even the best leaders can still polish and augment what they know.  I will take the advice of keeping the crowd small for testing, and move to live ops when we understand more.  I appreciate you taking the time to consult with me, and look forward to future interactions.  We would be happy to join any events that come up, or maybe taking donation ware a step further and possibly collaborating a fundraiser drive to support local causes.

That said, I wonder if I can bounce an idea off your head.   What if there was a way to connect all the hosted phpVMS VAs and create a sort of global economy? 

Thanks again.

To be honest, I did not liked the way OnAir operates. The idea is good and sounds promising, but the execution sucks. The way they operate, the way people handling things (like the prices they put for some jobs or aircraft rentals) are just funny. Which makes it a game where some people have fun, rather than a real life like economically simulated airline industry world.

I used it, some of my friends was at the top tier servers (I forgot what it was called), tried to help them with realistic details etc but it did not took long for me to realize that it will not be possible :) Even if you create an airline there and make everything realistic, the rest will not follow you and you will fail in the massive multiplayer world of it. You can create an airline and close your doors to outside world of OnAir, which is the same as installing phpvms v7 to your domain and having the same virtual airline ;) 

Only difference will be the amount you save by not subscribing to OnAir, you can spend that amount to much useful places (like donating to charities) and still keep the fun of flying together with friends. In short term, OnAir may look cheap (on the management side) but needs pilots to subscribe for flying, but in long term having a virtual airline is much cheaper compared to it. You can divide the costs of management (acars license, domain, server etc) to all members or just to the management team, which then will be more cheaper for everyone participating.

Your wish is really hard to accomplish, technically it requires a main server which will manage pretty much every single income, expense, airline, fleet etc. So all members will be on the same level, imagine you creating a fleet. You need to have some money or lease aircraft, after that step you need to define its costs, all of these should come from a main server and you (as the va admin) should not be allowed to change them. Same thing needs to be done at income/expense level, fuel prices, parking fees, air traffic costs etc. All needs to be handled by that main server and member airlines should not be allowed to change/override them for a "global economy" ;) If you left some doors open people will reduce expenses and increase their income and at that point the whole logic fails... 

Anyway, I do prefer having my own simulated virtual airline with close to real life financial values, letting myself and my friends to fly and enjoy the realistic details (if they wish, if not they can just fly and skip the finance part).

Best wishes

• 8 months later...

I have just started with the Tour MOD. I have the Tour code matching the Tour code in the flights. From the Tour page, clicking on the newly created tour I get this error.

Object of class App\Support\Units\Distance could not be converted to int

I have the distance in all the legs of the tour.

22 hours ago, flyalaska said:

I have just started with the Tour MOD. I have the Tour code matching the Tour code in the flights. From the Tour page, clicking on the newly created tour I get this error.

Object of class App\Support\Units\Distance could not be converted to int

I have the distance in all the legs of the tour.

You are getting that error because;

1. Either your v7 is old (not updated to proper required version or above) but your module is new

2. Or your v7 is new (updated) but your module is old (not updated or below required minimums)

3. Or your v7 and module core is new, but your duplicated blade files are still old. (this happens when you update both but forgot fixing/updating your customized blade files)

If you have access via GitHub, below link will give you the latest readme

https://github.com/FatihKoz/DisposableSpecial#readme

If not here is the text (same as the above with version numbers);

Compatible with phpVMS v7 builds as described below;

Module versions starting with v3.1.xx supports only php8 and laravel9
Minimum required phpVMS v7 version is phpVms 7.0.0-dev+220314.128480 for v3.1.xx
Module version v3.0.19 is the latest version with php7.4 and laravel8 support
Latest available phpVMS v7 version is phpVms 7.0.0-dev+220307.00bf18 (07.MAR.22) for v3.0.19
Minimum required phpVMS v7 version is phpVms 7.0.0-dev+220211.78fd83 (11.FEB.22) for v3.0.19

If you try to use latest version of this addon with an old version of phpvms, it will fail.
If you try to use latest phpvms with an old version of this addon, it will fail.
If you try to use your duplicated old blades with this version without checking and applying necessary changes, it will fail.

Hope this helps

On 10/12/2022 at 12:17 PM, lg2975luca said:

Ok thank you, I’m sorry but this is my first experience with phpvms, can you help me to approach to it? I need some personalizzation like logo changing, configure acars and a new thema an simbrief integration.

let me know please, regards

Nope, unfortunately I can not help you on those installation and customization steps. You can check "paid services" section of this forum, either for finding people offering services or for requesting services (with a detailed description of what you need).

Here in this sub section, your message/request will not be seen probably :(

Safe flights

• 4 weeks later...

Simple answer: Yes, it should be possible, you have all required details to generate a map.

Detailed answer:

What does "put the flag there" mean ? Could you please explain it a little bit more... Do you want to see all assigned flights (admin only, public), pilot oriented monthly assignments (pilots will see their flights only, with pirep checks) ?

More info needed about your idea.

Technically Disposable Basic has a Map widget, it can be used to generate a map for assignments maybe (I need to work on it when I find some time) but I need to understand it first.

Safe flights

56 minutes ago, lg2975luca said:

hi,

do you know how can i use my favicon in to the website phpvms template ? do i need to change something in the code or i have only to put mi favicon in some folder? 

Regards.

Yes I know, but this is not the correct place to have theme related questions... Don't get this wrong or rude, I would prefer NOT answering this.

Either use generic support section or if you are using Disposable Theme use its own topic. As the title clearly states, this topic is for "Disposable Extended Pack" support or related subjects not for basic theming.

Have a nice sunday

one more question about auto assignment module, what about if a pilot flew all their assignments and want to do more?

is possible to assign more flights and not lost their monthly stats?

Of example, we are using 10 auto assign flights per month, when you finish it the porcentaje bar will reach 100%, but what about if we assign them more after and the percentage move to 150% or 200

Thanks a lot

17 minutes ago, camilovelandia04 said:

one more question about auto assignment module, what about if a pilot flew all their assignments and want to do more?

is possible to assign more flights and not lost their monthly stats?

Of example, we are using 10 auto assign flights per month, when you finish it the porcentaje bar will reach 100%, but what about if we assign them more after and the percentage move to 150% or 200

Thanks a lot

No. What you explain is not logical and not fair for other users, if you want to assign 20 then assign 20 to everyone in your VA, no logic in having 200% or 150% possible. Targets are there for a reason.

Safe flights

As I wrote above if your pilots have time for 20, then assign 20, find a balance which will fit to all...

This is not a personal playground module, this is a module for VA's in which rules do apply to all members equally. If one has more time, then he/she can do 20 assignments + 100 other flights, nothing against it. No logic in having ++ assignments to some members.

Safe flights

• Thanks 1