Schedule Search Broken After Server Migration

OKCPilot

I am currently trying to transfer a website from Hostgator to another cPanel. I transferred the home directory, mysql database, changed the settings in local.config, and assigned db user permissions for the new db. Everything works except for the schedule search. From the source code it looks like everything in the head tags is not being loaded. The new server is running PHP 7.2, MySQL 5.7, and Apache 2.4. The old server was running MySQL 5.6 but I have been unable to install 5.6 because I don't want to break cPanel through an unsupported downgrade.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 5.38.41 PM.png

Edited by OKCPilot
Additional info

• Administrators

What phpVMS version are you using?

What exact MySQL version? 5.7.xx is what we need to know.

There are some incompatibilities in certain phpVMS versions and PHP 7.2

As well, certain MySQL versions could possibly prevent importing csv files and/or changing/adding schedules, airports and aircraft.

9 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

What phpVMS version are you using?

What exact MySQL version? 5.7.xx is what we need to know.

There are some incompatibilities in certain phpVMS versions and PHP 7.2

As well, certain MySQL versions could possibly prevent importing csv files and/or changing/adding schedules, airports and aircraft.

I was running MySQL 5.7.37 however switched to MariaDB 10.2.24. This specific issue was resolved by upping the PHP Memory Limit from the default of 64M to 128M. However, the admin panel graphs and financial report data was not loading until I upgraded to MariaDB 10.2.24. The phpVMS version is 5.5.2 (simpilot).

• Administrators

phpVMS 5.5.2 (simpilot) will have issues/errors with PHP 7.2 - that is why phpVMS 5.5.2.72 was developed.

MariaDB 10.2 may cause issues - but most may be related to Strict Mode.

MySQL 5.7.5+ will cause import issues and date time issues with phpVMS 5.5.2 and 5.5.2.72.

Do you have error reporting on or off?

1 hour ago, ProAvia said:

phpVMS 5.5.2 (simpilot) will have issues/errors with PHP 7.2 - that is why phpVMS 5.5.2.72 was developed.

MariaDB 10.2 may cause issues - but most may be related to Strict Mode.

MySQL 5.7.5+ will cause import issues and date time issues with phpVMS 5.5.2 and 5.5.2.72.

Do you have error reporting on or off?

Thank you very much for this information. The readme file in the 5.5.2 install is unclear because it states 7.2 is the only stable and supported version of PHP for this version of phpVMS. Error reporting is on, on the dev server, off on prod. What version of PHP do you recommend for this install (except for obviously upgrading phpVMS).

15 hours ago, ProAvia said:

If the readme states it works in php 7.2, that is phpVMS 5.5.2.72 - not phpVMS 5.5.2

What is the link to the github where you downloaded it from?

You are absolutely right, I was being stupid 😅.

phpVMS 5.5.2.72
===============

**Updated version of phpVMS 5.5.2 (simpilot) with PHP 7.2 compatibility**
* Installation outside the parameters listed may not receive support (Apache 2.4, PHP 7.2, MySQL 5.6).

I read that 2nd line of the readme and completely ignored the 1st line.

depending on how many schedules you are pulling you need to make sure your server can handle higher loads. A VA will out grow shared hosting fairly fast, as shared hosting you are restricted in the resources as other sites will be using the same server and you don't know the traffic loads those sites are pulling. A VPS and if you know what you are doing a dedicated server is where you will need to move to as you have more control and can get more resources for your site.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

depending on how many schedules you are pulling you need to make sure your server can handle higher loads. A VA will out grow shared hosting fairly fast, as shared hosting you are restricted in the resources as other sites will be using the same server and you don't know the traffic loads those sites are pulling. A VPS and if you know what you are doing a dedicated server is where you will need to move to as you have more control and can get more resources for your site.

I just need to add pagination. I didn't build the site, I just joined recently. The way it currently stands that on one page it tries to load all the schedules is atrocious. Besides, even with a dedicated server, the bottleneck is going to be how quickly the end users browser can render the page and loading thousands of schedules is going to cripple even the best of machines.

If the above page is just for searching, then maybe it needs to be re-designed and no results will be shown during initial load. Which will greatly reduce the amount of data loaded there, of course the search criteria should be altered and it should not allow both airports to use the "select all" option.

With this trick, user will be forced to either select a departure and see all flights out of that airport (departure = ICAO , arrival = ALL) or he/she can pick an arrival airport and see all incoming flights. Results may need a pagination of course depending on the flights/schedules provided by the VA.

If that page is directly loading all flights (like a timetable) and also allowing the user to search, pagination will be the key.

Also if possible, you can reduce the initially loaded flights by loading the ones departing out from user's current location by default (this may need a pagination too). They can do a search afterwards.

Good luck

38 minutes ago, DisposableHero said:

If the above page is just for searching, then maybe it needs to be re-designed and no results will be shown during initial load. Which will greatly reduce the amount of data loaded there, of course the search criteria should be altered and it should not allow both airports to use the "select all" option.

With this trick, user will be forced to either select a departure and see all flights out of that airport (departure = ICAO , arrival = ALL) or he/she can pick an arrival airport and see all incoming flights. Results may need a pagination of course depending on the flights/schedules provided by the VA.

If that page is directly loading all flights (like a timetable) and also allowing the user to search, pagination will be the key.

Also if possible, you can reduce the initially loaded flights by loading the ones departing out from user's current location by default (this may need a pagination too). They can do a search afterwards.

Good luck

That is exactly what I ended up doing. Book a flight goes to a search box and requires a specific departure or arrival airport. Then loads schedules into or out of one airport. Works much better.