Register bug: e-mail already in use

Felipe Faria

Hello, gentlemen!

This is my first post in this forum. I'm am the CEO of Brisa VA, from Brazil (www.brisalinhasaereas.com, several language versions B)). We're setting phpVMS up, after two years using VAFS. We are very happy with what we already got from phpVMS, although there are a lot of things to do yet. But there is a bug stealing a lot of time our staff. All the pilots who try to register in our site recieve the same error message: "This e-mail is already in use!" I'm sorry if there is already a topic about it. If so, please let me know the link so I can check the answers. Best regards to everybody! :lol:

Did they try logging in?

NO, because the process does not complete. We have no registration pending. On the other hand, in our forum, we have at least 10 pilots with the same problem.

And now I found out another one: the password change does not work for us too. I changed it several time a few minutes ago and none worked, but the original one did.

• Administrators

NO, because the process does not complete. We have no registration pending. On the other hand, in our forum, we have at least 10 pilots with the same problem.

And now I found out another one: the password change does not work for us too. I changed it several time a few minutes ago and none worked, but the original one did.

Are you on a free host?

Can you paste the output from running install/checkdb.php and install/checkinstall.php?

Thanks

Are you on a free host?

Can you paste the output from running install/checkdb.php and install/checkinstall.php?

Thanks

Hello, Nabeel!

No, we don't run free hosting. It is a payed one (www.hphost.com.br).

For Install Checker, we got the output:

phpVMS Virtual Airline Administration Software

Install Check

phpVMS Build Number: 934

Checking PHP version

[OK] PHP version is 5.2.12.x

ASP Tags

[OK] ASP-style tags are disabled

Checking connectivity...

[OK] Can contact outside servers

Checking for SimpleXML module...

[OK] SimpleXML module exists!

Checking file hashes for corrupt or mismatched files

[Checksum failed] /core/lang/en.lang.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/common/StatsData.class.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/Schedules/Schedules.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/Profile/Profile.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/Downloads/Downloads.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/Frontpage/Frontpage.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/PIREPS/PIREPS.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/RouteMap/RouteMap.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/VACentral/VACentral.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/PilotRanking/PilotRanking.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/MassMailer/MassMailer.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/Operations/Operations.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/Settings/Settings.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/Maintenance/Maintenance.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/PIREPAdmin/PIREPAdmin.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

-- Checked 183 files, found 16 errors

For DB Checker, we got:

Database Check

Checking phpvms_acarsdata...OK

Checking phpvms_adminlog...OK

Checking phpvms_aircraft...OK

Checking phpvms_airlines...OK

Checking phpvms_airports...OK

Checking phpvms_awards...OK

Checking phpvms_awardsgranted...OK

Checking phpvms_bids...OK

Checking phpvms_customfields...OK

Checking phpvms_downloads...OK

Checking phpvms_expenselog...OK

Checking phpvms_expenses...OK

Checking phpvms_fieldvalues...OK

Checking phpvms_financedata...OK

Checking phpvms_fuelprices...OK

Checking phpvms_groupmembers...OK

Checking phpvms_groups...OK

Checking phpvms_navdata...OK

Checking phpvms_news...OK

Checking phpvms_pages...OK

Checking phpvms_pilots...OK

Checking phpvms_pirepcomments...OK

Checking phpvms_pirepfields...OK

Checking phpvms_pireps...OK

Checking phpvms_pirepvalues...OK

Checking phpvms_ranks...OK

Checking phpvms_schedules...OK

Checking phpvms_sessions...OK

Checking phpvms_settings...OK

Checking phpvms_updates...OK

You have alot of corrupted files listed there

Hello Nabeel ,

I did sent a private message to Felipe and he got everything figured out, the problem was indeed the corruption of this files

now Felipe is starting to customize their template and soon they should post another great VA on vacentral

is impressive how phpVMS is getting more and more va's each day :)

awesome work Nabell

Thanks

Hello Nabeel ,

I did sent a private message to Felipe and he got everything figured out, the problem was indeed the corruption of this files

now Felipe is starting to customize their template and soon they should post another great VA on vacentral

is impressive how phpVMS is getting more and more va's each day :)

awesome work Nabell

Thanks

Liberie, thank you so much for your precious help this afternoon.

Now everything is working out fine.

It's no big surprise VAs coming to phpVMS.

I have a few hours dealing with it and I see it is really awsome!

Congratulation, guys!

• Like 1

Liberie, thank you so much for your precious help this afternoon.

Now everything is working out fine.

It's no big surprise VAs coming to phpVMS.

I have a few hours dealing with it and I see it is really awsome!

Congratulation, guys!

Hello, Nabeel and Liberie!

I made a new installation yesterday. Things were looking fine, pilots were registering with no problem, but today, when I went to my VA's forum, there were many pilots telling me about the same problem: they can not register, because it returns a msg of "e-mail already in use".

And now the difference is that I ran the ckeckdb.php and no error was found. Either the ckeckinstall.php, wich returned me:

Install Check

Checking PHP version

ASP Tags

Checking connectivity...

[OK] No errors found!

-- Checked 183 files, found 0 errors

:blink::huh:

Hello, Nabeel and Liberie!

I made a new installation yesterday. Things were looking fine, pilots were registering with no problem, but today, when I went to my VA's forum, there were many pilots telling me about the same problem: they can not register, because it returns a msg of "e-mail already in use".

And now the difference is that I ran the ckeckdb.php and no error was found. Either the ckeckinstall.php, wich returned me:

Install Check

Checking PHP version

ASP Tags

Checking connectivity...

[OK] No errors found!

-- Checked 183 files, found 0 errors

:blink::huh:

Felipe ,

since you are saying that created again the site (I mean did a reinstall) did you clean the database ? , could you check the table and check if the pilots are really registered ?

Felipe ,

since you are saying that created again the site (I mean did a reinstall) did you clean the database ? , could you check the table and check if the pilots are really registered ?

Liberie,

Yes! Everthing new from zero twice! :(

Everything OK in the database...

First time, online 7 could register.

Second time, 10 could register.

Third time going on and 10 already registered (52 left still).

Let's see what happens...

Liberie,

Yes! Everthing new from zero twice! :(

Everything OK in the database...

First time, online 7 could register.

Second time, 10 could register.

Third time going on and 10 already registered (52 left still).

Let's see what happens...

Please contact me when you are available over MSN , I think I know what is the issue and will need you to perform some debug at your server (is a hosting issue , not phpVMS)

• Administrators

Nabeel and Liberie,

Just for you to know: I ran installation four times to get it working good. Now, everything is ok. No registration bugs noticed anymore. :) Until now, at least... :unsure:

I suspect there's a problem with your host where something is going wrong.

When you run the install, is there anything in the debug log?

• 4 months later...

I suspect there's a problem with your host where something is going wrong.

When you run the install, is there anything in the debug log?

Did you guys figure out what is happening here, coz I got the same problem and I aint about to reinstall everything and loose all the work I have done over the last few days.

Just heads up I have checked the pilots table and no is registered except myself and a friend.

I found a fix, in the end it was a table error of some kind.

I can't remember specifics at the moment as I am not home but will place a step by step later. Basically you need to change the table type via phpadmin to isql or something like that and then repair the table. Make sure you copy the php users table first so you don't loose any data.

I found a fix, in the end it was a table error of some kind.

I can't remember specifics at the moment as I am not home but will place a step by step later. Basically you need to change the table type via phpadmin to isql or something like that and then repair the table. Make sure you copy the php users table first so you don't loose any data.

OK, thanks. I may try to mess with that, but step by step would definitely be helpful.

Cory

OK, thanks. I may try to mess with that, but step by step would definitely be helpful.

Cory

Ok here is what I did to fix the problem of duplicate email on register error.

1. Open up cPanel and start phpAdmin

2. Click on Database tab and select the data base you are using for phpVMS

3. Select the phpvms_pilots table and click the structure icon second from the left (on the same line as the table name)

4. Select the operations tab

5. copy the table to something like phpvms_pilots2 (this in case the table is breaks you have a copy)

6. Return to the Operations tab

7. Change the storage engine to myISAM and the collation to utf8_bin click GO

8. If the table refuses to change and you get an error then try changing the copy one thing at a time.

9. Once you have the table changed repair it and change the name back to phpvms_pilots (you will need to rename the original table first)

It should work after this.