About cost per time

ARV187

Hi, To recreate the cost of crew salary

We are adding up their hourly wages and putting them in this box "Cost Per Hour" as there is no other box in the system to do an hourly calculation. When the pirep is sent instead of hourly cost it says "block time cost" so it was a bit difficult to relate that both were the same.
You could change the word in the resulting pirep.

imagen.thumb.png.83265d97adfe94ee6d4bc8997ae5c150.png

Or better yet, do this:  https://github.com/nabeelio/phpvms/issues/776 Adding the possibility of create a expense for time.

Any solution? Thanks!!

Edited by ARV187

Why do you need a text change for it ? It is the "block time cost" of an aircraft (comes from subfleet of course) and it is the correct phrase to use there. In theory, it is the cost of using that aircraft for xx minutes, defined hourly as like in real life but calculated per minute. So in short, it is correctly designed, being calculated and used.

Please do not mix up things with other things and try to find a way around to have what you wish to see, by requesting changes to working features ;)

That custom expense not working is still an open bug, probably will be fixed soon (after Laravel9 switch). If you need to stick with current dev for some reason, then you can design a really simple module to pass your custom expenses, that works, only "custom expenses without a module" solution/example is failing :)

And just wondering, why do you need to create "a cost of crew salary" ? Pilots do get their pays, it is calculated. If you are trying to simulate cabin crew salaries, then doing it with an expense is much more logical.  ;) No need to brake working block time cost for that :)

Best wishes

30 minutes ago, DisposableHero said:

Why do you need a text change for it ? It is the "block time cost" of an aircraft (comes from subfleet of course) and it is the correct phrase to use there. In theory, it is the cost of using that aircraft for xx minutes, defined hourly as like in real life but calculated per minute. So in short, it is correctly designed, being calculated and used.

Please do not mix up things with other things and try to find a way around to have what you wish to see, by requesting changes to working features ;)

That custom expense not working is still an open bug, probably will be fixed soon (after Laravel9 switch). If you need to stick with current dev for some reason, then you can design a really simple module to pass your custom expenses, that works, only "custom expenses without a module" solution/example is failing :)

And just wondering, why do you need to create "a cost of crew salary" ? Pilots do get their pays, it is calculated. If you are trying to simulate cabin crew salaries, then doing it with an expense is much more logical.  ;) No need to brake working block time cost for that :)

Best wishes

I know that this cost includes a lot of expenses, all those that the plane has per hour. But as we wanted to have have each expense detailed, we were doing it with the "expenses" section below. The problem, as I commented in github, is that the cost type "time" is missing.

Yes, what we want to simulate is the cost of the cabin crew, not the pilot. We could do a cost per flight but it would not adjust to the duration of the hours worked by the crew.

The name change was to make it simpler for us, as much as changing a word, to know where it could be done, obviously the change was just for us to do it, not to be done in development 😅. It was difficult for us to know what was the "block time cost" because we knew it by the name given in the administration "cost per hour" and by doing the maths we realised that it was the field we used for the wage/hour of the crew. 😄

Thanks Dispo!!

imagen.png.cf15ba3ed5a24e3c2a0c6fb836c7da34.png

Got your point :)

Colors are nice, grey and yellow tones look good ;) 

Yeah, there was a discussion or talks about adding "time" as a core expense unit, selectable per flight but what happened to that idea I really forgot. As I am using my own module for income and expense, I stopped using core features. But if I can find that old topic (or maybe the GitHub issue) we can start talking about it again. It may come in handy, we can define expenses per flight by time then.

Thanks for bringing that old/forgotten topic back, after Laravel9 maybe we can focus on and have it implemented in core (while looking at the custom expense bug).

Best wishes