flights schedules disappeared Possible bug??

LuxuryCEO

hello guys  

we had a small error with our phpvms7 site  though i dont know if it been pointed out or not yet 

but when one of my pilots went to book his return flight  EGAA -> EGCC  the schedules where gone   ( don't know how ) 

we fixed the error by reuploading the flights.csv file overwriting the current flights   we think this is a bug of some kind though we arnt completely sure what caused it

just thought id post it on here to let you guys know about it anyways

regards

Michael

2 hours ago, LuxuryCEO said:

hello guys  

we had a small error with our phpvms7 site  though i dont know if it been pointed out or not yet 

but when one of my pilots went to book his return flight  EGAA -> EGCC  the schedules where gone   ( don't know how ) 

we fixed the error by reuploading the flights.csv file overwriting the current flights   we think this is a bug of some kind though we arnt completely sure what caused it

just thought id post it on here to let you guys know about it anyways

regards

Michael

Hi, most probably this is not a bug.

As no one experienced it until today except you and there is no reason for the flights to disappear by their own without a clue. There were no changes done to the core code about how they are recorded and/displayed.

• Did you checked your database when this happened ? (Very important to debug the process)
  • Was the flights table empty when you checked ? (Points out a database problem rather than a bug)
  • Or was it full of flights with field values active = 0 / visible = 0 (or active = 1, visible = 0) ? (Points out a schedule problem rather than a bug)
  • Or was it full of flights with field values active = 1 / visible = 1 ? (Points out a v7 settings mismatch rather than a bug)

So if it happens again, please provide more info as per the docs before acting on your own. Only then we can understand what is going on (and maybe why it is happening) to prevent future problems.

For future reference;

https://docs.phpvms.net/help

https://docs.phpvms.net/help#exporting-data-for-troubleshooting

Safe flights