cannot login to site new site

aarbee

I did build a new site based on PHPVMS 7.0
And I cannot login to the admin account after the first install.
I constantly says that the password is wrong.
Yet I cannot reset the Password either as I was not able to confige the mail settings.
Seems like a catch 22.

Some help would be appreciated.

RobB
VLMVA.com

Did you installed latest dev build or beta.4 ? In latest dev builds, mails are by default written to log until you finish that setup/configuration. So you can check your logs to get the reset link too ;)

My personal preference would be re-installing too, as you are not able to login after a new install, you have nothing to lose or worry about yet.

Good luck

Yeah, that lines you read simply says "The latest commit, potentially unstable" (technically it may be buggy or may have things not working etc). But at all the pages you can download latest beta it says "not to download the beta 'cause it is too old" :D

A little bit confusing but be assured, Latest DEV build is the one you need. It is stable and up to date, offers much more features and php8.x ready (in fact works only with php8.x and up)

Glad you figured it out and installed the latest development build (latest dev or dev in short).