Visibility in km

sgraypgh

2 hours ago, sgraypgh said:

I have distance set to NM in admin, but weather pages are showing Visibility in km. Any way to have that use either NM or Miles?

Weather decoding is not a part of Disposable Addons (neither Disposable Theme nor the modules), it is handled by phpvms v7 itself.

As far as I remember, wx visibility is reported in statue miles in US (and FAA rules following countries), rest of the world uses meters. So a conversion to nautical miles (nmi) is not logical at all, it should be either miles or kilometers. (this may be the cause of non-conversion by the core)

Safe flights

Given that the existing coding is not correctly displaying it, I didn't really have much of a choice. Also, my VA is based in the US so generally won't be an issue. For the unlikely reason someone does fly outside of the US, I highly doubt they will be using that information for their weather reports anyway. I suppose I could display both, like it is done with Pressure.

Well, I am not using decoded weather and not a member of your VA anyway, so whatever you did on your end is ok for me.

I would suggest opening a bug report for phpvms v7 (+your idea about double display mentioned above), maybe the developer (or someone else) fixes it for good. As you know this is not an addon/theme issue and related with phpvms v7 core itself, all should go through github.

Developer will not see your problem or request here.

Safe flights