Website Development

LesJar

Brining the topic of website developers up-to date for 2023, I would like to point out that I have time and resources to help any virtual airline using PHPVMS especially version 5 get more services and visuals for the website.  I have recently re-designed a menu system that uses images like the menus you find on MSFS 2020 and indeed x-plane 11/12.  Another feature I have developed is a process where for booking a flight you get to see a list of flights to airports in the schedules that you have not flown to before. Where you have lists of items that are often 100's long such as looking at all your pireps is a challenge to try and improve the look of a page and to avoid the scrolling off of the page , again I have overcome this by using a boxed table that I call search, sort and page where you limit the number of items on view at a time by the number of items on a page and then like forums etc you have pages to go to, however this has been taken to another level where you can type in a search text and it will find the items that match and just display them , so if you had a list of flights in a pirep listing and you wanted to see just those flights say made in the UK then you would type the first part of the icao code EG and that would list the Uk flights then for say Manchester you type EGCC. and so on also you have the ability to sort the columns say perhaps on the longest duration.  It should be noted that this software is not copyrighted by any of the normal 3rd party add-ons but it could be used to improve them or add to them in a better way. The software and methods belong to me and all work is done by myself with no other parties involved.  I am a retired software developer and as syuch do have more time to do these things than others who are at work and can only work in spare time.

So if you are interested in making more modern look to your PHPVMS web-site here is the important news :

I DO NOT CHARGE ANYTHING FOR THE WORK I DO  !!!!

Of course if you want to donate something it is upto you and I do not make a fuss if there is nothing,  my work is my enjoyment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 8:13 AM, LesJar said:

Brining the topic of website developers up-to date for 2023, I would like to point out that I have time and resources to help any virtual airline using PHPVMS especially version 5 get more services and visuals for the website.  I have recently re-designed a menu system that uses images like the menus you find on MSFS 2020 and indeed x-plane 11/12.  Another feature I have developed is a process where for booking a flight you get to see a list of flights to airports in the schedules that you have not flown to before. Where you have lists of items that are often 100's long such as looking at all your pireps is a challenge to try and improve the look of a page and to avoid the scrolling off of the page , again I have overcome this by using a boxed table that I call search, sort and page where you limit the number of items on view at a time by the number of items on a page and then like forums etc you have pages to go to, however this has been taken to another level where you can type in a search text and it will find the items that match and just display them , so if you had a list of flights in a pirep listing and you wanted to see just those flights say made in the UK then you would type the first part of the icao code EG and that would list the Uk flights then for say Manchester you type EGCC. and so on also you have the ability to sort the columns say perhaps on the longest duration.  It should be noted that this software is not copyrighted by any of the normal 3rd party add-ons but it could be used to improve them or add to them in a better way. The software and methods belong to me and all work is done by myself with no other parties involved.  I am a retired software developer and as syuch do have more time to do these things than others who are at work and can only work in spare time.

So if you are interested in making more modern look to your PHPVMS web-site here is the important news :

I DO NOT CHARGE ANYTHING FOR THE WORK I DO  !!!!

Of course if you want to donate something it is upto you and I do not make a fuss if there is nothing,  my work is my enjoyment.

Hey! I might be interested. Can we talk?

Given that you are looking at using the PHPVMS V7 as a starting point I would recommend the use of the Disposable Hero theme and Basic Tool add-on to build after creating your PHPVMS V7 Airline .  Although there is a conversion process in PHPVMS V7 to upgrade from legacy version I have not used it that way myself.  I have build the CSV files for import to PHPVMS V7 from scratch and thus can utilise many of the features of V7 tat are not in V5.   The other issue which is important to understand is that many people took on various add-on modules in V5 and sometimes these added fields to the standard tables and so on.  You are ok if your site is not so heavily customised with lots of reworked pages and themes etc.   With the demise of PHP versions that are old that were around when V5 was built it is a safe bet that upgrading to V7 will ensure that you can have a system as many host companies are dropping older versions of PHP from being used.  Where I can help is with taking the existing csv files or data files from V5 and making them into the V7 csv files as I use PHP and MYSQL to build the results from