Unable to complete install process

Todd

During a new install of Version 7 of phpVMS, after the database is created, the installer stops on Step 3 (install/step3?) with a "500 SERVER ERROR".  This is my second time trying to install with the same issue.

Versions

PHP Version: 8.0

Database versions: MySQL, MariaDB

phpVMS Version: 7.0.0 Dev

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Todd said:

During a new install of Version 7 of phpVMS, after the database is created, the installer stops on Step 3 (install/step3?) with a "500 SERVER ERROR".  This is my second time trying to install with the same issue.

Versions

PHP Version: 8.0

Database versions: MySQL, MariaDB

phpVMS Version: 7.0.0 Dev

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

https://docs.phpvms.net/help

If you can provide some logs, maybe we can understand what is going on and try helping you out.

image.thumb.png.8f835a88a926a8df16d4c21df3e7ed1d.png

I did not have any PHP or HTTP logs and am unable to upload the laravel log.  Here is the error data from the laravel log:

[2023-04-30 23:32:39] production.ERROR: Theme default already exists {"exception":"[object] (Igaster\\LaravelTheme\\Exceptions\\themeAlreadyExists(code: 1): Theme default already exists at /home/vnavai5/phpvms/vendor/igaster/laravel-theme/src/Themes.php:136)

[2023-04-30 23:32:53] production.ERROR: Theme default already exists {"exception":"[object] (Igaster\\LaravelTheme\\Exceptions\\themeAlreadyExists(code: 1): Theme default already exists at /home/vnavai5/phpvms/vendor/igaster/laravel-theme/src/Themes.php:136)
[stacktrace]

The rest of the log would not post as it thought it was spam.

Hi,

Unfortunately you are 3rd or 4th person getting this error, which we believe is somehow hosting related but it is not clear too 'cause when hosting provider checks they will say server is ok and settings are fine.

There are some workaround for this, but I am not sure if it will work or will provide a stable solution. Other users changed their hosting service providers and they did not faced the same error anymore (as far as I remember it was hostinger)

Only workaround I remember was renaming the themes.php file under config folder to something different like themes-backup.php and try visiting your site. After finishing install you can change the filename back to its first state.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your help. I am using InMotion Hosting. That worked for finishing up the install. But when I went to log in I received the 500 SERVER ERROR again.  No PHP or HTTP logs and here was the error in the laravel:

[2023-05-04 22:41:29] production.ERROR: View [auth.login] not found. {"exception":"[object] (InvalidArgumentException(code: 0): View [auth.login] not found. at /home/vnavai5/phpvms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/View/FileViewFinder.php:137)
[stacktrace]

Did you reverted back the filename ?

Technically your install is not able to find the views (which is a part of laravel theme, the part causing problems before). Maybe cleaning the application cache manually may help (delete the contents of bootstrap folder manually, not the folder but the contents) and try visiting your site again.

As I wrote before, we are not experiencing the issue, even not able to replicate to dig deep. This is really hard to for us to help :(