phpVMS airports and reCaptcha

MockingBirdAir

Good Day,

I am using phpVMS via TFDI systems webhosting. I am having multiple issues with uploading or creating an airport. I tried to import them and the system recognises the Airports but nothing happens. When I try to add a single airport and use the fetching option also nothing happens. Also I am having problems with the reCaptcha how can I solve it? I hope you can help me with my problems.

Kind Regards
Daniel

• Administrators

phpVMS version?

PHP version?

MySQL or MariaDB version?

Is this for a new VA? If so, advise you use phpVMS v7. Older versions are no longer maintained and with updates to PHP and MySQL/MariaDB the older versions have ongoing issues.

As for reCaptcha - did you get the required public and secret keys from Google?

Both phpVMS v2.x and 5.x are reCaptcha 2 compatible. I believe phpVMS v7 uses hCaptcha.

16 hours ago, ProAvia said:

phpVMS version?

PHP version?

MySQL or MariaDB version?

Is this for a new VA? If so, advise you use phpVMS v7. Older versions are no longer maintained and with updates to PHP and MySQL/MariaDB the older versions have ongoing issues.

As for reCaptcha - did you get the required public and secret keys from Google?

Both phpVMS v2.x and 5.x are reCaptcha 2 compatible. I believe phpVMS v7 uses hCaptcha.

I am using phpVMS v5 as it is provided by TFDI to us. Is there still any hint you could give me? and no I didn´t receive any key for reCaptcha

• Administrators

The PHP and MySQL/MariaDB items should be in cPanel, which is your hosting panel.

You need to become very familiar with cPanel and how to access your files and databases thru it.

If you can't find it, ask TFDI support to help you.

I'm guessing you are on PHP 5.6 as that is the last one to work with phpVMS 5.5.2

Chances are there are some incompatibilities between phpVMS 5.5.2 and versions of MySQL above 5.6.xx and MariaDB above 10.1.

14 hours ago, ProAvia said:

The PHP and MySQL/MariaDB items should be in cPanel, which is your hosting panel.

You need to become very familiar with cPanel and how to access your files and databases thru it.

If you can't find it, ask TFDI support to help you.

I'm guessing you are on PHP 5.6 as that is the last one to work with phpVMS 5.5.2

Chances are there are some incompatibilities between phpVMS 5.5.2 and versions of MySQL above 5.6.xx and MariaDB above 10.1.

I´ll do that ^^ In the mean time: Is there a way I could add other Pilots as we just switched from vAMSYS to phpVMS/TFDI now and they exist. Or do they have to register themselves.

• Administrators

Until you have access to cPanel and fully understand how the DB works, it would be best to have your pilots register on the site.

Honestly, you would be better off to cut your losses and move directly to phpVMS v7. The version of phpVMS you are using is old and no longer supported. And with newer versions of MySQL/MariaDB, you will have issues. Don't believe everything TFDI is telling you. Since you are new to phpVMS, you should be using the newest version of phpVMS - which is version 7.

Ask TFDI what versions of PHP they offer with their hosting - they should have several versions available. Also ask what version of MySQL/MariaDB they use.

On 5/11/2023 at 5:39 PM, ProAvia said:

Until you have access to cPanel and fully understand how the DB works, it would be best to have your pilots register on the site.

Honestly, you would be better off to cut your losses and move directly to phpVMS v7. The version of phpVMS you are using is old and no longer supported. And with newer versions of MySQL/MariaDB, you will have issues. Don't believe everything TFDI is telling you. Since you are new to phpVMS, you should be using the newest version of phpVMS - which is version 7.

Ask TFDI what versions of PHP they offer with their hosting - they should have several versions available. Also ask what version of MySQL/MariaDB they use.

MySQL Version 5.7.41-cll-lve and PHP is Version 5.5

• Administrators

That MySQL version will cause issues with phpVMS 5.5.2 and 5.5.2.72

You may not notice them at first, but they will show up eventually.

Ask them whether Strict Mode is on or off in MySQL.

What other PHP versions do they offer?

3 hours ago, ProAvia said:

That MySQL version will cause issues with phpVMS 5.5.2 and 5.5.2.72

You may not notice them at first, but they will show up eventually.

Ask them whether Strict Mode is on or off in MySQL.

What other PHP versions do they offer?

I´ll contact the support and tell yo then in the meantime I am getting to know cPanel.

• Administrators
On 5/10/2023 at 7:54 AM, MockingBirdAir said:

I am using phpVMS v5 as it is provided by TFDI to us. Is there still any hint you could give me? and no I didn´t receive any key for reCaptcha

No one is going to send you the reCaptcha keys. You need to go to Google and set up an account, then generate the two site keys.

Google reCaptcha v2