View Badge

Jeff

I was trying to upload my new badge to the site, and somehow it doesn't appear right. I tried several things to get it to work, but all has failed, and now the link's code is all messed up somehow.

<li><a href="<?php echo url('/profile/badge'); ?>">View my Badge</a></li>

That is the link that goes in the Pilots profile: /home/oneworld/public_html/lib/skins/ObsessBlue/profile_main.tpl

The thing that started it was I uploaded the image and named it background.png it replaced the one that was there originally but the image wouldn't change, even after several trips to the Maintenance (RESET SIGNATURES). So I went in and just deleted the main background.png, and all of my pilot's badges to see if I could just do a do-over, but still nothing. Now I can see the image, but nothing is on it (no pilot stats). Nabeel or someone, please give me a hand here to try to get this resolved. -thanx-

• Administrators

Looking here - http://www.oneworldvs.net/lib/signatures/DL0001.png - it looks as though you could have one of two things happening.

1 - You have the png image properties set incorrectly when you are saving it, check the transparency setting.

2 - You have the text color set as the same color of the background of the image. Check the setting in your config files.

Looking here - http://www.oneworldvs.net/lib/signatures/DL0001.png - it looks as though you could have one of two things happening.

1 - You have the png image properties set incorrectly when you are saving it, check the transparency setting.

2 - You have the text color set as the same color of the background of the image. Check the setting in your config files.

I changed the text color from the #000 to #FFFFFF, but I will check the transparency to see if it is the problem

Did you do a regenerate? And are the permissions of the lib/signature folder and all the files in it all writable (777) ?

Yeah, I regenerated to my hearts content, but still doesn't work. I'm thinking of just removing the VIEW BADGE link and just do without it...this is pi$$ng me off

Hi Jeff, This happened to me, What you have to do is Upload the background to the background folder again which is located at core/signature I think.

I found out that the Background folder was deleted, so make the Background folder again and put the background.png back on with the permissions 0777 (x10 hosting/cPanel) or 777 <- there the same thing just different ways of it.

Go into your admin center and click Maintenance and click Reset Signatures, It should work.

If it doesn't work click Optimize Tables

Many Thanks,

Matthew [CEO of Fly Sol Join us at Fly Sol today ]