General Feature Requests

Nabeel

• Administrators

You can post your feature requests here. Check out the about page (link above), those are the basic features that will be included.FSACARs and potentially FSPassengers support will also be included, as add-ons.Thanks!

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to be able to alter the total hours that a pilot has. Say for instance when they sign up and transfer hours from another VA.Ideally I would also like to track them separately from hours flown at our airline.

• Administrators
I would like to be able to alter the total hours that a pilot has. Say for instance when they sign up and transfer hours from another VA.Ideally I would also like to track them separately from hours flown at our airline.
You can add a custom field for this, and they can just enter it on sign up.

• Administrators
Yes but I'd like the hours to count when calculating their Rank or any other Hours based awards. Can I do that with a simple custom field?
Ohh, hmm. Well, I'm including ranks into one of the next builds. That table is already there, but that would only look at the hours counted from the filed PIREPs. There are groups, you can place them into groups. I'm going to enhance the groups a little more, to show up in the main profile, and when viewing other pilots profiles. These are all planned.But, you'd prefer a "solid" field for previous hours? Updating their rank from both the pirep hours and ones from the custom field can be done easily by an add-on. I'll be putting events based stuff soon too. But I'll add another field for that. Generally I thought rank was based on only hours from that airline, not any others.Lemme know, it's not a problem.

Yes but I'd like the hours to count when calculating their Rank or any other Hours based awards. Can I do that with a simple custom field?
Ohh, hmm. Well, I'm including ranks into one of the next builds. That table is already there, but that would only look at the hours counted from the filed PIREPs. There are groups, you can place them into groups. I'm going to enhance the groups a little more, to show up in the main profile, and when viewing other pilots profiles. These are all planned.But, you'd prefer a "solid" field for previous hours? Updating their rank from both the pirep hours and ones from the custom field can be done easily by an add-on. I'll be putting events based stuff soon too. But I'll add another field for that. Generally I thought rank was based on only hours from that airline, not any others.Lemme know, it's not a problem.
Most Virtual Airlines that I know of accept hours from previous VA's or flown from VATSIM to be counted for Rank at their own airline so I believe this feature would best be part of the main package. It should probably be tracked separately. The biggest problem is how to implement it. Some airlines accept a % of total hours, Others, like my own, simply accept any hours up to a certain cap. The way we handled it is we just had them put in the total hours they wished to transfer and we pruned it down to our cap manually if needed.

• Administrators

Hmm, that is an interesting problem of implementation.Having it integrated into the package itself is some thing that can be done, and maybe is the easiest. The reason I left it as a custom field is that it's not knowing when to stop - since some might want to add VATSIM ID, maybe a messenger ID, or want them to type their FS version, or something, so that's why I had custom fields, so you can define those.But I can build that into the basic 'package'; but since it's variable, I won't have it automatically add the hours. What I think might be best then, is in the control panel, I'll make the hours editable, and maybe display right above it the total hours, and the previous hours. Then you can edit the total and add however many your VA wants, and it'll re-calculate the rank. How's that?Right now for the rank, it's a basic implementation - minimum hours for the rank, and the title. I might add images for the rank, with the image name being the minimum number of hours; 0.jpg for a new hire, 20.jpg for a junior fo, in the lib/ranks folder. That'll make it a bit easier to replace. I can't think of anything else which would be needed, but if you have any insight, lemme know.Unfortunately, I probably won't get to do much this week, I have a few exams coming up, but I'm squeezing in as much time as possible.

• Administrators

Ack, I don't want to muck up too much code in order to add it.But I'll make that a custom field which added in by the installer.I will make that hours field modify-able, then it can run through the ranking.And I hope for ranking, whole-numbers for minimum hours will suffice.icon_e_smile.gif

Great work so far.. And now for morePHPVMS Wish List WOHOO!!!Ok, I've been playing around with this software for a while now. I can't say I know right now what the planned features are so if some of these are already in the works I apologize.All these features I feel should be included in the default installation. I think a large majority of VA's would use them.1.An option should be included to show a new pilot some kind of terms of service that they should agree too before signing up.2.An option should be included that new pilots will require approval from a staff member before their account becomes active.3.Support for HUB's should be included and Pilots should be grouped on the roster based on what hub they are assigned too. Also you should be able to select which hub is the (Default) hub.4.An option should be given that in airlines that have multiple sub airlines one should be the default or parent company.Feel free to VETO or ask for clarification if need be.

• Administrators
1.An option should be included to show a new pilot some kind of terms of service that they should agree too before signing up.
Yeah, the check box is there on the registration. I just need to include the text. Is there some standard text that's used?
2.An option should be included that new pilots will require approval from a staff member before their account becomes active.
Right now it's confirmed by email. I can change this. I think this might be better.
3.Support for HUB's should be included and Pilots should be grouped on the roster based on what hub they are assigned too. Also you should be able to select which hub is the (Default) hub.
I was thinking about this. I can add one setting that's the home hub. The airports listing kind of addresses this, but I can add an option to the airports indicating if they are the hub or not. Then on registration, pilots can select their hub. How is that?
4.An option should be given that in airlines that have multiple sub airlines one should be the default or parent company.
You can add multiple airlines now. On installation I ask for the main airline name, and you can add more airlines through the admin panel. They have their own schedules, but airports are not tied to a particular airline. This might make the hubs tricky, unless the hubs would be the same. I'd prefer to keep the airports independent. But I can add a field for the default airline.
  • Like 1

I think maybe on the admin side you should simply have a field where you can enter whatever you want it to say, this way individual VA's can customize it for their needs.I think you should confirm the email and be approved by staff. The reason for this is that occasionally you do get pilots who need to be banned. What good would deleting their info do if they simply sign up a new G-Mail account and come right back?That could work fine.I just thought it might make it a little easier for management. Maybe not such a hot idea, I dunno. I know right now we use it for a VA we bought and acquired their assets but I think were going to merge it all right back into the main airline anyway.

• Administrators

I'm going change that to confirm by staff.Looking at the best way to do the TOS agreement. Might just also make that a setting, but I think it's be better as a hardfile. Won't be much work done this weekend, damn exams.

• Administrators
Integration with own VA website. I would like to have the ability to intergrate this VA system into a website rather than having it separately.Regards,Zee
What do you mean integrate?This includes an entire shell, with custom pages, etc.You can integrate, if you include core/config.inc.php, that will suck and allow access to the API to get all of the functionality.You can edit the skins to get a common look too.Look through the docs.The API is in core/common; there will be docs on it.

• 5 months later...

A wish list is great.. I thank you for that, because the little concern i'm setting up needs something that can go beyond the boundaries of your normal VA (and hopefully the game will catch on icon_e_smile.gif ).. Orient Overseas Express Freight Lines, isnt a VA. I'm not sure what you would call it. The premise is that, in the real world, cargo gets left behind on the docks all the time, but it still needs to get where it's supposed to go in a certain amount of time. Thats where a company like mine comes in. We pick up these left overs and abandoned loads and make our business off of moving them.. Our pilots will all be sub contractors, so, what this means is that when OOE procures a shipment, it becomes a job that can be bid on by the pilots. The pilot that can do the job the fastest gets the bid, irregardless of time accrued. Payment for the jobs are in hours, A standard job gets standard hours, a suicidal job (like hauling nitro into china at night during a typhoon) gets you a much higher bonus if you live. This scenario presents a whole range of needs that a typical VA doesnt run into.. Pilots have to be able to competitively bid against each other for the top paying jobs. Once the bid has closed, the job needs to transfer to the pilot that won the bid, just like the flight schedule does now. hours need to be adjustable by the management. The downside of flying the above scenario is that if you dont get the job completed on time, an hour is deducted from your total time for any segment of any additional hour overtime that you take to complete the flight.. So i need to be able to change that easily.. Any chance theres a possibility for a module that will allow for competitive bidding and adjustment of hours??

• Administrators

Well you can create such a module - You list the flights, they select the flight, and then place a bid. That flight is placed on a "bid board", where another pilot can bid on it. The pilot who wins it, can have the PIREP prefiled with PIREP_INPROGRESS flag, or it can be added as a bid to the existing bidding functionality. Then when it's been flown, they can file it.But yes, a module to do such a thing is possible, quite easily icon_e_smile.gif

• Administrators
::chuckles:: quite easily you say.. ::chuckles:: The sad admittion is that even my hello world programs have all failed.. how sorry is that eh?? But at least now i know that it is possible :)
LOL no problem, it's what happens when I'm too close to my code... "oh you can do that...".But if you want to tackle it, I will help! No worries there. Nothing can get in the way of a man with a plan.

::chuckles:; Thanks Nabeel. your awesome.. I need to figure out cvs and converting lat and lon coordinates to fsx numeric first ( tonight) so i can start entering flights, but then i'll get started on creating a skeleton i'm curious. Since my va will only have a few scheduled flights, how hard would it be for me to create a database of airports that could be chosen for one time flights ( like out of one postage stamp rural airfield to another postage stamp rural airport) instead of setting up scheduled flights??

I have a couple that might be nice...How aboubt a "delete" or a "retire" function something to pull planes, routes, airports off of the availability list. How about something that (for smaller lines) includes days of the week that the route will fly?Also...Something that would allow you to keep track of the fleet,(tail numbers, how many, livery differences...) something that you could say I have X number of 767s, or A330s. What would be over the top is if you could assign a plane to a route, and it would keep track of how much availability remained, so you knew when you needed to "purchase" more A/C. And if you only intended to use 1 A340, you wouldn't assign enough flights to it that it could fill up availibility for three aircraft! Thanks for what you've done!

Lotus and Badge ( Lotus? cool !! ) awesome sugestions. i'd love to see them myself as i'd like to be able to offer players that maybe cant afford fsxpax or related programs these same top of the line abilities.. Sadly, airplanes, i can program, programs, i cant write.. Will keep an eye open.. Warchild

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with the mentioned above, something additional to the pilot public profile would be good - such as fields they can edit, their favourite airport, real world aircraft etc.Also, on the Recent Pilots, a small jpg with the flag from the country that they live would be nice, so if they selected when signing up, that they live in the UK, a small image with the Union Jack then they're user to be displayed.