• Administrators

Yup, you can change Google Map size as well, its in your core/local.config.php:

Config::Set('MAP_WIDTH', '600px');
Config::Set('MAP_HEIGHT', '400px');
Config::Set('MAP_TYPE', 'G_PHYSICAL_MAP');
Config::Set('MAP_LINE_COLOR', '#ff0000');
Config::Set('MAP_CENTER_LAT', '45.484400');
Config::Set('MAP_CENTER_LNG', '-62.334821');

As for languages, once I finalize the admin panel, translations there can occur :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been thinking latley,

What if instead of ranks that after getting the required amount of hours you are promoted but instead you must finish a randomly generated test in order to advance. The admins can create questions and set the parameters(number of questions, answer types, time limit etc.) and then upon getting the required hours a test will be sent to your user profile and you can take it whenever you like. Upon completion your answers will be sent to the admin panel as pending, and an administrator can review the results and either promote you are keep you at your current rank. The test results can also be graphed and recorded for further use. I think this same system could also be used for a registration test if the VA pleases. Testing you members would greatly increase the realism in the system and in my mind make the system unique to the others out there.

• Administrators

I am thinking of having Hub managers competing with revenue, would it be possible to use a drop down menu to select revenue profit / loss from an individual hub?

This is a good idea. I'll look into this.

How about something that will not allow a pilot to fly aircraft out of their rank privledges?

so the new guy can't even select a 747 on day one. Perhaps can't bid out that flight either.

Yeah, there's some ideas of doing the tests to get to ranks and stuff. Will have to plan it though

Would it be possible to make it possible for the administration to Add and Edit Awards and prizes for people that move up a rank or for people that reach an hour milestone. Maybe a cash bonus and/or some corny trophy icons etc. displayed on a pilot awards page in their profile. Also...What if you were to have a pilot leaderboard that displays superior pilots in rank,hours,pay,miles flown,flights flown,Web activity etc. .

Here is an option to maybe add:

Pilots hours for the month for certain hubs....so hub managers can keep track of whos making the hours and whatnot.

This could show under a general airline stats page, with other general information.....could include a "short about us", contact us info such as airline email, total hours this is the part above divide into parts - all hours - then hub hours. As well as other information that could be usefull, almost like a stats page, would be very nice to have like the other pages...

Well I got a few ideas for the system. Here they are:

Flight Assignments - You could make the systems so that admins have the ability to assign certain flights to pilots, the flights dont necessarily have to be in the schedule. For example maintaince flights for aircraft.

Percentage bar on the flight map - You could include a little percentage bar like the one on vafs on the live flight map to show how much of the flight has been completed.

Economy, Executive Class etc. - You could allow the system to have different fares on routes for the different classes and also make an auto generate function for the fares.

Aircraft Seat Configurations - Could allow the admins to make certain configurations for their aircraft when their adding an aircraft to the fleet. For example, say i'm adding an A320 to my fleet. I could set the total number of seats to 150 and then 138 seats in Lovebird Economy Class and 12 seats in Executive Business Class.

Route Map - A nice route map like the one Virtual WestJet uses would be great. Heres a link to the one Virtual WestJet uses http://www.virtualwestjet.org/flash/routemap/Virtual.WestJet.RouteMap.zip Even if one this advanced couldnt be made a cool route map could be done.

Messaging system - A messaging system where Pilots could send messages to fellow pilots or admins, Admins could send messages to pilots or other admins would be great.

Flight Frequency(How often flights should be done) - I've asked Nabeel about this alot of times and the answer has always been the same, "This can be done in the notes". In my opinion that is not enough. The staff/admins should be able to tick which days flights should be done. It gives it a more official feeling especially when pilots are bidding for flights. You could also allow the pilots to Bid for flights on Certain day instead of just bidding a flight and doing it whenever.

More detail to the financial aspect - I believe you should take a leaf out of VAFs book. They simulated real world finances perfectly. With all the expences and everything, landing fees, ground handling fees etc. Also I think you should control the fuel prices so each va has an accurate, realistic fuel price just like VAFs does.

All these ideas would increase the realism in the system significantly, except for the route map, each va owner could get route maps done on their own.

No. That isnt. Philosphy doesnt get you anywhere with .fla's and ActionScript. Everything else on your list is possible(to an extent), but the routemap is out of question unless you make it yourself in Flash. Also, visit the tutorials section and view Nabeels videos, He describes how to build a routemap module that uses the GoogleMap API and he also includes the files for download.