General Feature Requests

Nabeel

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of small suggestions;

-A time added when a pilot registers for the site. Just so it gives you a rough time how long the Pilot has been "Pending" before an admin approves him.

-A counter on the bottom of the website to show how many people are online (Members, Guests, etc)

Cheers! :)

• Administrators

When your setting up routes, have a way to put in the price of a ticket AND cargo.

Cargo is how airlines make money and keep prices low, and right now my VA is hurting with our low fares and no way to make up for all of my expenses (we try to be as realistic as possible..).

For this you can "bump" a ticket price to include cargo into that cost. I may expand it to include both pax/cargo on one flight but it's a low priority.

Heres another idea I came up with. For admins, allow for different permissions. for example, the CEO could set Human Resource officers which would accept pilot applications etc. The CEO would set Operations officers to accept and verify flights etc.

My next idea. It was a good idea to put in a mail functon but what about an individual mail function to email individual pilots?

This idea will improve the look of the pilot center. For the bids, instead of showing them on a seperate page, show them in the main pilot center like this:

Untitled-2.jpg

Just a quick, rough sketch. The add button would link to the Flight Shedules page and the X button would cancel a bid. This would look much more neat than the current flight bids page.

I would love to see a special flights facility kind of like what Brussels Virtual Airline does.

Basicly the admin set up a, or several categories for example: 2009 World Tour, South americain VFR Tour, etc.

Then they enter a series of flights under each category, when the tour or flights have been all completed and pireped in the correct order the pilots get an award.

You could have a menu link for special flights when clicked brings up the list of categories and when a category is clicked it shows two links one for the filed pireps four that particular category or tour and one for a list of the flights for that particular category.

There would need to be a way to deacivate the tour once it has ended because a 2009 would tour would only be valid for 2009

However these flights would not show under the normal schedule.

If I was building an access database I know exactly how to do this but this is not access and my php is poor at best so apart from maybe two more tables in the database the rest is beyond my knowlege in php,

so please please with sugar on top could you atleast consider this in a future update Nabeel.

Many thanks

Karl

• Administrators

A per hour option in the expenses would make sence too. Some expenses increase by the hour so...

Something like this is coming (see Roger's thread in the Support section)

Automated/estimated ticket prices are on the way too, eventually leading to free-flight if you're doing financials

• Administrators

Heres another idea I came up with. For admins, allow for different permissions. for example, the CEO could set Human Resource officers which would accept pilot applications etc. The CEO would set Operations officers to accept and verify flights etc.

My next idea. It was a good idea to put in a mail functon but what about an individual mail function to email individual pilots?

This idea will improve the look of the pilot center. For the bids, instead of showing them on a seperate page, show them in the main pilot center like this:

Untitled-2.jpg

Just a quick, rough sketch. The add button would link to the Flight Shedules page and the X button would cancel a bid. This would look much more neat than the current flight bids page.

You can design that for your VA, it'll set you apart. Shouldn't be very difficult, since it's just a new container

how about a certification or rating? Like certain pilots who have the hours or are awarded a Rating. Like a rating for a 737 or a rating for a Helicopter? And have that rating sort the schedules.

Like if someone's only got a rating for a cessna, they can't bid on a flight that requires a 737.

• 2 weeks later...

The function so you can customize, add and remove all of the fields for the File a PIREP becaus I mentioned that I don't want two of the default options. I know that its for VACentral but I think it should be more customizable sections to the site. And also in the admin panel, there to be tick boxes to choose different functions. Thanks.

I know i've requested this feature before but i'd like to do it again. It would be nice to be able to bid for a flight on a specific day. For example, since you have added the ability to select the days on which flights are done. Lets say JM041 is done on Monday-Friday, I could bid for it on May 20th since it would be available that day.

• Administrators

The ability to delete schedules, not just edit. Plus being able to add more destinations so you can do flight hopps. That might be useful, especially for local and small VA's, not really long range. But it will be useful for me.

Add more destinations? Huh?

Also, deleting a schedule is not yet allowed because of the way things are tied in together. I would not delete them in phpMyAdmin if I were you. There is an option to disable.