General Feature Requests

Nabeel

I have one more and I promise it will be the last one for a while. I am pretty dam satisfied with all the hard work you have done so far Nabeel. Kudos for sure!

This one should be relatively easy to do compared to some of the other things you have done with the system.

What I am thinking is, after a pirep is filed, it would take the pilot to a confirmation page and tell them some specifics of the flight. The specifics could amount to how much cargo or passengers they hauled, how much they made for the flight, how much money the flight made or lost, and maybe what types of aircraft are available for them to fly or something of that nature (if a VA chooses to limit aircraft type per rank).

Something like this maybe: **EDIT** (Sorry the post did not hold my format)

Your PIREP has been received and successfully entered into the system.

Flight 4442 - PANC to CYEG - has been filed as a completed flight.

For completing this flight, $1,420.00 has been deposited into your bank account.

This flight lost -$633.05 total revenue.

(PAX: 12 Economy Class)

There are 4112 total flights available for you to fly.

The following aircraft are available for you to fly:

Airbus A300-600

Airbus A300-600ST Beluga

Airbus A310-300

Airbus A320-200

Airbus A321-200

Airbus A330

Airbus A340-300

Airbus A380

Antonov AN124

Antonov AN2

Antonov AN24

ATR 42-500

ATR 72-200

Avro RJ85

BAE Systems Jetstream 41

BAe-146

Beechcraft 1900D

Beechcraft 1900D Cargo

Beechcraft Baron 58

Beechcraft King Air 350

Boeing 717-200

Boeing 727-200

Boeing 737-200

Boeing 737-300

Boeing 737-400

Boeing 737-400F

Boeing 737-500

Boeing 737-800

Boeing 747-400

Boeing 747-400ERF

Boeing 747-400F

Boeing 757-200

Boeing 767-300

Boeing 767-300ER

Boeing 777-200

Boeing 777-200F

Boeing 777-300

C-17 Globemaster III

Canadair Regional Jet

Cessna 172S

Cessna 177

Cessna 182RG

Cessna 182S

Cessna 208 Amphibian

Cessna Citation CJ1

Concorde

Convair 580 Cargo

DeHavilland Dash-8

DeHavilland Dash-8 Cargo

DeHavilland Dash-8Q400

DeHavilland DHC-2

DeHavilland DHC-3 Otter

DeHavilland DHC-3 Sea Otter

DeHavilland DHC-6 Twin Otter

Douglas DC-10

Douglas DC-3 Cargo

Douglas DC-4 Cargo

Douglas DC-8-61

Douglas DC-9-31

Embraer EMB120

Embraer EMB170

Embraer ERJ135

Fairchild Dornier 328 Jet

Fokker 28

Fokker 50

Hughes MD500

Ilyushin IL62

Ilyushin Il-86

Learjet 31A

LET L-410

Lockheed C-130H Hercules

Lockheed L-1011

Lockheed L-188 Cargo

McDonnell Douglas MD-11

McDonnell Douglas MD-11F

McDonnell Douglas MD-82

McDonnell Douglas MD-90-30

Pilatus 12

Pilatus 12 Cargo

Saab 2000

Saab 340

Shorts 360 Cargo

Sikorsky S-76

Tupolev TU-134

Tupolev TU-154

Something like this would be pretty cool. I think you already have everything in the system to make it work. I believe all you would need is a template or two. But what do I know right? lol Sometimes the simplest things in life are the hardest things to do.

Thanks again for all the hard work that you do Nabeel. I do not see why anyone would ever use any other system including those so called cheesy payware ones. B)

Ray

• Like 2

Great idea Ray (as yours usually are :D ) especially for those who restrict specific aircraft for the rank the pilot is. It would also save a ton of work for us to do as well.

Hi Jeff. I got to thinking about it after I posted and this would work great for manual pireps, but not so sure about filing with any devices such as FS Pax, or KACARS or anything. I guess it is a matter of 6 in one and a half dozen in the other eh?

Ah, yea, I see what you mean. As I will be shortly giving FsPax the boot and getting my hands on Kobus' Personalized ACARS program for the only way to submit their flights (and I don't accept manual pireps), I can say that maybe there could be a slim chance that this can still be done. If not, well... couldn't say we didn't try.

Yeah I hear ya man. I would love to 86 the manual pireps but I have one little problem doing that. ACARS devices from time to time fail. When they do, the pilot just lost a flight. If this happens to many times, they will split and go elsewhere.

Now on the other hand, I know pilots that refuse to join a VA that allows manual pireps.

Gotta be a way around it and show a confirmation page though. Hmmmmmmmmm.....

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Here is one that I been thinking about.

Many of us have coded up individual Hub pages and are pulling stats for that hubs pilots and flights, etc, etc. Also, I have added a usergroup called hub managers that give them access to certain parts of the ACP only.

Now here is the request. I am curious if it can be done to make it so that if a hub manager logged in to the ACP because he/she wished to add news, would it be possible to make it so that when they submit the news they can choose hub only? If it is something piddly that pertains to their hub only, there is no point in posting it to everyone.

So where the news is put in, under neath it, you could add a check box that says "Hub Only?" and if said box is checked a required text field would need to be filled out with Hub code.

Not sure how hard or easy this would be. Just something that I have been thinking of for quite some time now.

Have a good one boys!

Well, Im thinking something along the lines of hub only. Not something that wouls show up site wide or front page. And yeah, they can add news.

And I got to thinking about it after I posted that and yet again, it might have been another blonde moment. Not everyone creates hub pages so it would not be worth the while for Nabeel to even consider wasting time enough to edit the news module.

I suppose it could be made in to a add on module.

• 4 years later...

Well, it has been some time since I posted here. Why today? Glad you asked.

In the other thread recently, David talked about lighting the fire in him to get the next version of phpVMS out. That is my Cue to make a simple but honest request.

VAM (the other airline software) gives the admin the ability to add connecting flights with the same flight number. For example:

The tragic flight TWA 800 left Kennedy with a stop in Paris and then continuing on to Rome as Flight 800. The airline I am working on does the same thing with many flights. For example, one flight goes from KMSP-PANC with a layover in KSEA before continuing on to PANC. The same flight number all the way.

In VAM this is possible, if you try it with phpVMS, you get a this flight number already exists or something like that. I would need to try it again to get the exact message. This isn't a do or die feature but man would it sure be nice. As it is now, we have to make up flight numbers out of the thin blue air and that is just, meh ......

Unless someone has already figured out how to pull this off. I have not. If you have, care to share?