General Feature Requests

Nabeel

• Administrators

I'll throw in another request.  on the phpvms admin panel we have latest news from PHPVMS I have about 7 people who access the admin area I think it would be neat to have company news on there only admins can see, so I can remind them of meetings ect.

Interesting.

I have done a search and can't find anything related, might just be searching for the wrong thing but I would find it very useful if we had a return flight function. Because at the moment we have to manually add an extra schedule for return, which starts to get a pain. If it is already in phpVMS I have not came accross it. Thanks

• Administrators

I have done a search and can't find anything related, might just be searching for the wrong thing but I would find it very useful if we had a return flight function. Because at the moment we have to manually add an extra schedule for return, which starts to get a pain. If it is already in phpVMS I have not came accross it. Thanks

How would it know what data to populate with, aside from reversing the airports?

Here is a quick one, but not sure how easy.

I like that fact that when a pirep is submitted via ACARS, it removes the flight from the bid page after it is filed.

When filing manually, this does not happen and sometimes bids are not removed by pilots thus making that flight not available to other users.

I'm not sure If I have a bad copy, or a decent request going on here.  ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nabeel,

Quick one is it possible to suggest having an option on the schedules that allows only specific ranked pilots to select them. So captains may be able to fly international flights but 1st officers can only fly domestic flights etc etc. Surely it would be easy enough to achieve with a quick reference to the logged in users assigned rank and the Schedules classification?

But your the Jedi Master in all this! ;-)

Hi Nabeel,

Another couple of features I thought about today which I personally would like to see.. not sure how they woudl work though.

Id like to see Fleet tracking of some description.. so a way to track where the aircraft in your fleet are. So if someone flys a route from London to Paris for example, the aircraft they flew is in Paris, and could be seen on a Map or something as In Paris so Pilots would know that the aircraft would need to fly the return leg to london prior to being used on other taskings.

Also there doesent seem to be much...if anything in the way of fleet interaction. I.e. would it be possible to have like a fleet roster? so people can see what sort of aircraft you have, how many hours they've flown etc etc?

Just ideas mate wether you tihnk they are worth while is up to you  ;D ;)

Cheers,

Also there doesent seem to be much...if anything in the way of fleet interaction. I.e. would it be possible to have like a fleet roster? so people can see what sort of aircraft you have, how many hours they've flown etc etc?

Hi,

I believe the below addon does most of what you are requesting.  Check it out and see if that will work for you.

http://forum.phpvms.net/index.php?topic=1665.msg2124#new

New Feature Request:

Per hub finances and aircraft assigned to hubs.  An example would be that KLAX has 50 aircraft assigned to it and out of those, 25 are leased and have monthly lease prices being deducted.  It would be cool if we could view finances by hubs so we can see what hubs were meeting the lease payments etc.  We could then move aircraft around and / or sell them to get that hub back in the "black".  Just a thought.

Thanks for reading.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I´m new here and have a question about aircraft/schedule/pilots in phpvms.

I´m allways in a testing enviroment to check out the features of this good piece of software.

Bu my problem is, that if I fly with maybe a B733 with an identified aircraft-ICAO  from A to B, then if I´ve landed, the aircraft and I have to be in B and nothingwhere else.

All other flights/schedules, coupled with this aircraft and my airport I am staying yet, should be terminated - exept for airport B.

I´ve had seen this feature in lot aif VA´s and for my opinion, it´s a normal procedure.

And the phpvms should have then a possibility to jump, maybe for $ or flighthours, to another airport, so you have a chance to fly from other destinations.

Greetings from Germany - rock on... chris

• 2 weeks later...

First of all let me say I run phpvms for an VL on a normal fsx server wich has an atc bot and all.

so we don't use it with vatsim or anything.

Ability for users to start an airline for certain amount of cash.

Random flight schedules ((auto generated)) these could be flown by people without an airline.

Planes stay where they are. you fly from eham-lirf meaning the plane will stay in LIRF and you will have to fly from there somewhere else again.

Airliners have to buy the aircrafts that fly for them.

Random costs per flight like Food/cleaning/maintaince etc

Instead of live, random airport prices wich change weekly or so.

1 time flights. Being able to setup 1 time flight schedules that vanish afther flown.

Giving more then 1 departure/arrival time to schedule, this way we wouldn't have to make double schedules.

Ability to filter on time in flight schedules, this would make finding a flight easier.

Maybe this is alot to ask or going against most of your idea's also it be nice if most addons released here could be made into phpvms and could be turned on/off in admin panel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Flat rate for pilot pay per flight would be sweet. I got to thinking about it. I take my car to a dealership and they tell me it is going to take 3 hours and charge me for 3 hours. Normally ;-) Now If I take the same car to a shade tree mechanic, they may charge me for twice as long to do the same job.

I was thinking a flat rate would be a sweet option to have for a VA for pilots that like to take the "Scenic Route". I know we can decine pireps and Im all good with that. That's why I was thinking this could be an on of off option in the config. If we choose on then they would get a flat rate and not an hourly. If it was off, then flat rate is not an option and they could get hourly. Works out either way for however a VA chooses to pay their pilots. ;)

Guest lorathon

I think that the ability to add bonus hours would be a nice addition. A field in the pilot table used only for bonus hours total and a field in the pilot section of admin showing total bonus hours with a form field to add more. These hours would be added for promotion (maybe a config setting for adding for total hours like the transfer hours)

• Administrators

Hey, outstanding job on the system. And like many before me, I have a suggestion.

The ability to turn on or off modules.

Or, for those limited by their providers, make the modules seperate and let people choose which ones they want or need.

Everything included now is required, but any addons you can remove safely

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lorathon

New Config setting for the time entered into DB.

We run our VA on Zulu time. So I went through and changed all of the NOW() to UTC_TIMESTAMP(). I think an option for time setting would be awesome.