General Feature Requests

Nabeel

2 Idea's:

1.I'd like to see a "Award Reason" field. Meaning, since we have to do awards manually, I'd like the option to let the pilots see exactly why they got what. I have 24 different awards.

2.I would also like pilots know when they get each award and how many times they've gotten a specific award.

just idea's  ;D

2 Idea's:

1.I'd like to see a "Award Reason" field. Meaning, since we have to do awards manually, I'd like the option to let the pilots see exactly why they got what. I have 24 different awards.

2.I would also like pilots know when they get each award and how many times they've gotten a specific award.

just idea's  ;D

The awards reason, you can use the description for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm back here from long absence - actyve flight season has just ended... :)

And off cource I'm back to VA developments with few notices regarding functionality of phpvms.

Not sure was it mentioned already by someone or not (wouldnt like to spend a lot of time reading absolutely all posts), but:

1. would be nice to see some "Type ratings" implemented with restrictions to pilots to fly a plane which is out of pilot's type rating - pilot with type rating for Cessna can't fly a Boeing 737 :).

This is not related to Rankings. I'm more than sure that some pilot could fly Cessna all his life and to have a Senior Captain rank :)

2. Can't get idea why each separate flight plan is tied to only one particular aircraft (even not a type of) - same route could be, or even should be posible to be flown by some wider range of plane types. Now, if some pilot woul like to fly the same route with other type/registration of plane, I have to add another entry to flyght schedules. after some time that creates real caos in schedules.

I was sure that I have more ideas but after writing that two I forgot another ones :)

hope thas ones I wrote were most important ones :)

Regards,

Kimis

ahh, remember now.

3. would like to see more detailed flight report - expenses and earnings by each separate flight.

4. It actrualy bug report, not feature request - after resetting VA finances only incomes are recalculated, but fuel expenses are set to 0, not recalculated acording to preset fuel prices.

• Administrators

ahh, remember now.

3. would like to see more detailed flight report - expenses and earnings by each separate flight.

4. It actrualy bug report, not feature request - after resetting VA finances only incomes are recalculated, but fuel expenses are set to 0, not recalculated acording to preset fuel prices.

You can add those into your template, but I'll do something in the default.

I'll check that other one out. Can you create a separate topic in the support forum so I can keep track of it? thanks

When looking at pireps in admin panel, I would like to see what acars is used.

Since we plan to use all acars systems that are compatible with phpvms it would be great.

Also we use KG for fuel/weights but xacars only logs lbs. That way, if we can see it in admin panel that they have used xacars we can manually enter it in KG insted.

I know its allready in the database as 'source' in pireptable.

I would also like to ask for the xacars log text in the 'log' part like fsacars send its log there.

If allready asked for:-  sorry ;) Didnt have time for a good search

Thank you Nabeel,

JT

• Administrators

When looking at pireps in admin panel, I would like to see what acars is used.

Since we plan to use all acars systems that are compatible with phpvms it would be great.

Also we use KG for fuel/weights but xacars only logs lbs. That way, if we can see it in admin panel that they have used xacars we can manually enter it in KG insted.

I know its allready in the database as 'source' in pireptable.

I would also like to ask for the xacars log text in the 'log' part like fsacars send its log there.

If allready asked for:-  sorry ;) Didnt have time for a good search

Thank you Nabeel,

JT

Sure, I can do that.

xacars doesn't have a log though.

Is there any limitation for requests per month? :D

Some notices/recomendations/requests :

- submited flight which is not approved yet shouldn't be included into any of reports. now I see it's data on financial report.

- would like to have abbility to set pirep system to kind of "auto approve" state for all incoming, or selected by pilot's rank pireps.

- custom flights, lets call tham "private", are accepted by the system but are not shown on system. not exactly all system - I can see that pireps listed for approval, can see in recent pireps list for next 48 hours, can see listed on "home" page, but can't see when looking specific pilot's reports, and can't see in All pireps list at admin's panel. custom flights - flights from/to airport/airfield which is not included into system, and/or there is no schedule for such flight, and/or there is no such aircraft in the system. Actualy haven't tested all the combinations, but no airports and no schedule has been tested and it is as I have described above.

- would be good to have some extra fees category - per airport. I think it even should be stored in airports table. I would like to add such a fees like landing fee, catering fee, gate fee and so on. but that will lead to much more sphisticated functionalities as landing fee normaly is calculated by aircraft mass range, catering is calculated by pax count (thats more easy), and so on :)

ok, thats all for this morning :)

• Administrators
- submited flight which is not approved yet shouldn't be included into any of reports. now I see it's data on financial report.

I've fixed this now, thanks!

- would like to have abbility to set pirep system to kind of "auto approve" state for all incoming, or selected by pilot's rank pireps.

Interesting.

custom flights, lets call tham "private", are accepted by the system but are not shown on system. not exactly all system - I can see that pireps listed for approval, can see in recent pireps list for next 48 hours, can see listed on "home" page, but can't see when looking specific pilot's reports, and can't see in All pireps list at admin's panel. custom flights - flights from/to airport/airfield which is not included into system, and/or there is no schedule for such flight, and/or there is no such aircraft in the system. Actualy haven't tested all the combinations, but no airports and no schedule has been tested and it is as I have described above.

I don't understand this one, but it sounds really nuanced.

would be good to have some extra fees category - per airport. I think it even should be stored in airports table. I would like to add such a fees like landing fee, catering fee, gate fee and so on. but that will lead to much more sphisticated functionalities as landing fee normaly is calculated by aircraft mass range, catering is calculated by pax count (thats more easy), and so on

Per airport fees sound good. Right now, you can EDIT a PIREP and add any specific expenses (for landing fee, pirep). But I could perhaps do flat per-airport fees.

Since this thread is 14 pages long, I did not have time to read it all. I have been asked a few times if there is any way at all to show more info about the aircraft for the flight on schedule.

Like:

Max fuel and most important, aircraft Registration number. Right now when I go to load up a flight in ACARS, I have to go to the admin panel to get aircraft info for the flight so ACARS will work accordingly. Unless I am missing something.

Maybe what I am getting at is, when one adds downloads, it has its own page. It would be nice if when adding fleet, it generated it's own page as well. Or at bare minimum, put all pertinent aircraft data in the pilot briefing. Would make life much easier.

My apologies if I have missed a setting somewhere to make this info public on my site.

• Administrators

The registration should be available. You can edit your schedule_results template to show additional fields. I think it's $route, so you can do. You can also do that on the briefing template.

print_r($route) somewhere in the template temporarily to see which fields are available.

IIRC, $route->registration should be set for the aircraft registration.

I can take a look, but if you end up making the changes, I can roll them into the official release.

• 3 weeks later...

and an other:

the option to send an rules and regulations file with the confermation mail so that a pilot needs to read the file befor he can start flying for a VA

I think one could pull this off by creating a rules and regs page, and then if they check the box to agree to the terms, then it would take them right to your registration page. ;) for an example, look at any old phpBB website when you click register.

This is actually a great idea you have here. I may toss something together tonight and see how it goes.  :)

• Administrators

I think one could pull this off by creating a rules and regs page, and then if they check the box to agree to the terms, then it would take them right to your registration page. ;) for an example, look at any old phpBB website when you click register.

This is actually a great idea you have here. I may toss something together tonight and see how it goes.  :)

Yeah, you could point your registration page to a page you create, then from there goto the actual registration page

Well, I have thrown something together. It like the rest of my skin is not pretty, but it works.

Visit my website and click on agreement link. I'll leave it public for a while before getting rid of that link. I really do not want it to show but chose to for this example.

**EDIT**

DUHHHH! I guess it would help if I gave the url.  http://paranormalinsights.com/phpVMS