It is not allowed to remove?

Kyle

Hello there!

I am not responding for Nabeel, but... have you noticed this?

<!-- Please retain this!! It's part of the phpVMS license. You must display a

"powered by phpVMS" somewhere on your page. Thanks! -->

I am not only doing that, I am "including" a botton of Powered By: phpVMS in my site.

I believe all good applications deserve some kind of credit. and I am a proud user of: phpVMS :rolleyes:

*[iMVOPO](In My Very Own Personal Opinion)

Hey, Nabeel,

Is it allowed to remove the thing

"powered by phpVMS"

I'm just wondering?

You can remove the footer, as I have seen on other sites (and am thinking as well) is that you can create your own phpvms logo and have it link to PHPVMS and have it match your layout, I'm sure it can be done that way.

If so Nabeel, let me know before I actually go that route.

• Administrators

Ok, Nabeel,

If i have no phpvms names around, or links to phpvms. Nothing else. Just a virutal airline, no phpvms links?

Is that agasint the rule?

Yes that's against the CC license I chose. Some attribution is required. I'll maybe do a option to remove that or something but not as of yet.

You can remove the footer, as I have seen on other sites (and am thinking as well) is that you can create your own phpvms logo and have it link to PHPVMS and have it match your layout, I'm sure it can be done that way.

Yes that's allowed, as long as there's a link back to the phpVMS site. Doesn't have to be flashy

• Moderators

Yes that's against the CC license I chose. Some attribution is required. I'll maybe do a option to remove that or something but not as of yet.

Like i seen a virtual airline did not link to phpVMS.

Wow,

Like i seen a virtual airline did not link to phpVMS.

Wow,

I have no idea why you wouldn't want to link back. This is just great software! I've always had a link in my footer but just recently I found Nabeel had "Powered by PHPVMS" buttons and I added those as well.

I have no idea why you wouldn't want to link back. This is just great software! I've always had a link in my footer but just recently I found Nabeel had "Powered by PHPVMS" buttons and I added those as well.

Where are the buttons, I'd like to see them.

I agree. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to. It's a very small price to pay for something one got for free.

• Moderators

If you remove it, you're not going to be prosecuted for it, but nabeel might look down on you with disgust.

Cheers

Dan C

I know a virtual airline that did not link to phpVMS!

And it was running phpVMS. I know it!

And that virtual airline, and that might make Nabeel mad.

Look in a way,

Nabeel spent hours of building this great system,

A Virtual airlines installs it,

Removes the phpvms link,

THAT the virtual airline did not build their own system, Nabeel did it. And that should be a link back!

• Moderators

Ahhh, so this thread is about ratting someone out? :rolleyes:

Also, are you sure their site doesn't have it. Theoretically, they could have the text color match the background color. You'd never see it, but it would be there.

No i would never rat someone out.

I'm pretty sure, they do not have it.

But i'm not going to tell you who is it.

• Administrators

Am I right in thinking there used to be a payment option in the old forums which allowed this - something like $45?

Although, I agree. It's pretty cheeky not to link back really.

I might bring that back. I see alot of other software doing that

• Moderators

I might bring that back. I see alot of other software doing that

How does that payment thing work?

Like, Free: Post a link to back to phpvms

Paid: No Links?

I have no problems with linking to phpVMS. Like i mean why people would remove the link, that's is a disgrace to nabeel's hard work.

I think the people who removed phpVMS link should be removed off phpVMS, becasue they are not respecting to link to phpVMS