Crystal Skin With Drop Down Menus

Kyle

• Moderators

Very nice. If you did not notice under Airline stats, you omitted the code to display the total number of pilots.

Whoops!

Sorry. i'll find the code for it. I forgot what was it.

• Moderators

Excellent skin broseph, quick question - how do I close the gap between the nav bar and the header image ? And is there anyway to edit the content in the drop down menus ?

http://allegiantvirtual.com/

Yup, Go into layout.tpl, and you will see a list of links and expmales of how drop down works and sub links.

The Header Pic is 980 wide and 150 high.

If you want to reduce the size of it, go into sytles.css

find this line and edit the size you want, but the width 980 is the wide of your site and the nav. But height can be still edited.

#topBanner { background: url(images/topbanner.jpg); width: 980px; height: 150px; }

Hope this helps.

• Moderators

Not sure what you are coming out with, since v.1 is great. What does v.2 include?

Good Question Jeff,

The new verison will be two fixes

• Pilot Badge Links Fixed (Thanks Airport)
  • Number of Pilots Missing Code (Thanks Jeff)
  • Worng Linking to Flight Bids (Thanks Airport)
  • Renaming the whole skin system. So it does not overwrite the default crystal skin (Thanks Nabeel & Jeff)

I'll release it on Friday for sure, i'm busy this week at the momment.

Edited by Vansers

Yup, Go into layout.tpl, and you will see a list of links and expmales of how drop down works and sub links.

The Header Pic is 980 wide and 150 high.

If you want to reduce the size of it, go into sytles.css

find this line and edit the size you want, but the width 980 is the wide of your site and the nav. But height can be still edited.

#topBanner { background: url(images/topbanner.jpg); width: 980px; height: 150px; }

Hope this helps.

Hello,

this doesnt works: When I make the Banner higher the gap gets bigger, when I make it lower the grey color of the NavBar gets into the header.

Martin

• Moderators

Vansers, can you update the footer to be centered instead of having it located on the far right, I can't seem to get it there.

Sorry jeff i don't understand,

Do you want the text "Powered by.... to be on the center?

Is this what you want?

• Moderators

"Vansers" yeah, it is on the far right of the footer. And yes, Nabeel, it would be nice to rename it, but I tried it, and it wouldn't work correctly.

Hey jeff & Nabeel, I'll try to rename it. Let's see if i can get it renamed and everything. Added to the V2

• Moderators

Its Friday :rolleyes:

Martin

I know, I still can't rename the whole system, So i'll still release it under "crystal" title skin. untill i get it sorted out.

IT will be released alittle late, I'm busy right now. so i hope i can get it in.

Hello guys!

I downloaded the skin "crystal" renamed to crystal-II fixed the problems with it, in the menu and in the skin itself.

I am uploading it again, all you need to do now is drop it in your skins folder and is ready to go again. a little contribution.

If you need anything else, feel free to ask :rolleyes: Good work on the original idea,

SK.

A side note: Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file (second error) Error This file was too big to upload it is 139kb only!

what kind of files does the systems accepts? zip files and NOT rar files?

crystal-II.zip

Nice Sergio. There are a couple of things I'd like to add here.

First: That gap between the Header and Nav Bar, Is there a way to close it, so that it is flush?

Second: I was able to get the footer text to center, instead of being pushed up against the right side. I just changed it in the styles.css (on line 58 to)

#footer { width: 970px; background: url(images/bottombg.jpg) repeat-x 0 0 #ffffff; height: 148px; margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px 0 0 0; clear: both; text-align: center; border-left: none; border-right: none; }

Nice Sergio. There are a couple of things I'd like to add here.

First: That gap between the Header and Nav Bar, Is there a way to close it, so that it is flush?

Second: I was able to get the footer text to center, instead of being pushed up against the right side. I just changed it in the styles.css (on line 58 to)

#footer { width: 970px; background: url(images/bottombg.jpg) repeat-x 0 0 #ffffff; height: 148px; margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px 0 0 0; clear: both; text-align: center; border-left: none; border-right: none; }

hmmm let me see if there is a way to close de gap or even use a smaller header pic.

did not change anything on the header part, most I did was fixing the menu and adding the header picture.

There is a dirty trick to fix the gap between the header and navigation bar...

Just increase the size on the graphic menu-bg from 1x43 to 1x48 and that closes the gap.

is probably not the right way to do it, but it works!

an image is included.

Correction.... since the graphic increses the size from 1x43 to 1x48 it shows pixelization, so I open paint,

and fix the graphic to make it look good again. all fixed!

which line of the css do you see that, because I can't find it?

you don´t need to touch a line of code this time, just change the size on the menu-bg graphic and that fixes it, (/images/menu-bg.gif)

it closes the gap. But! if you increse from 1x43px to 1x48px it shows pixels of diferent color that degrades the graphic,

open it with paint and fix those pixels that shows different color to the original and is fixed!