Any Chance we could modify the front page?

VinceN

I'd like the ability to directly control what users see when they first come to the site. Have some introduction text, images, and the like.Currently it just seems to show some statistics and its not a fantastic first impression especially for new users.

• Administrators

Yup, this is on its way. Right now it's just news and some stats. I'm making a few static pages under the Pages section in the Admin panel, which will be included into the front page. And you can also add in your TOS, any intro or whatever you want.But the main way to do it is to copy the frontpage.tpl from the core/templates folder, into your skins folder and modify that. That's the template for the front page.In fact, you can copy any template from the core/templates folder, and copy it into the folder for your skin and modify it, it'll show that instead of the default, so you can pretty much customize the look and feel as much as you want. That goes for the navigation (core_navigation.tpl), and you can change things around. You just need to copy it. You can modify it right in that folder, but if there's an update, there's a chance it'll be overwritten.This is the main element of customization which I hope will be taken advantage of.As long as element and field names stay that same, and anything within the PHP tags. Hopefully it'll be pretty straight forward to understand the code and modify it. I tried to keep as much PHP out of the templates as possible.