need some help with my skin

Strider

My name should be there, and the header and footer are still there, i only change out what is in the <div mainbox, tho maybe i should get rid of that. I now have another problem, the view schedules are not working as they should, i have two search forums

Cheers

Dan C

• Administrators

If I understand it right, you're doing it wrong.

You only copy your header/footer into the header.tpl and footer.tpl. The rest of the templates you leave alone, unless you have to tweak something; if you have to tweak it, then you just copy it to your skin folder, and then edit it. But you don't copy your header/footer to each one. Most templates won't need any editing.

All i did to fix the finacials, was rename the file to core_finance_header.tpl and core_finance_balancesheet.tpl, and used the finance_summarysheet.tpl to fix the page, and it all works fine, just slightly too big, but that is no problem. all i do when i save over the files is copy the contents of the file into the template, that hasn't a header or footer, but calls those up from the header.tpl and footer.tpl files.

Cheers

Dan C

• Administrators

You're doing something wrong...

You shouldn't be calling any templates from anywhere manually.

Don't rename those files, the system uses them. If you renamed them in your skin folder, then it's ignoring it and using the ones in the /core/templates folder. DON'T rename anything in there.

all i do when i save over the files is copy the contents of the file into the template, that hasn't a header or footer, but calls those up from the header.tpl and footer.tpl files.

Huh? None of the templates have a header or footer. There is a master header/footer.tpl in your skin folder that's used. Roger's video tutorials show those of these. Templates are automatically called, 90% of the time you don't be touching any of these, and there should be no manual template calls at all.

Just put your header in header.tpl, and footer in footer.tpl. That's ALL you should be doing for now. Delete any templates you put in your skin folder, and just follow the header/footer directions, and then follow:

http://phpvms.net/docs/skinning#skin_elements

To add those pieces into your header.

Watch Roger's tutorials again, I think there's a misunderstanding about how it works

NAbeel, u misunderstood me with the header.tpl and footer.tpl, I removed the header and footer from the template, and kept the header and footer.tpl files there, so those are the ones with the header and footer of my site in. For some reason the files work the way i have done them. It didn't work when i tried just using the header.tpl and footer.tpl, all i got was a dark grey background, and no white part so you can see the site properly.

Cheers

Dan C