New pilots can´t register

CEO North Air

Good eve to all,

well some new pilots tried to register at my VA. They fill all the parameters (First Name, Last Name...) even the capcha and then finally the pressed "REGISTER!" and received the message

"Could not open socket"

How to solve the problem? I´m lack of ideas where to fix this. Please help. Thanks a lot!!!!

• Administrators

Good day,

well are there any chances to add pilots as an admin? I mean instead of registering direktly via the correct page.

Thanks a lot for your message!

Nope.. only that registration page...

What did your host say?

• 1 month later...

Did you get it fixed?

We currently have the same prrblem. I think it is related to the reCaptcha. I have talked to the host, but they have no idea what is causing it.

Is there a way to bypass the reCaptcha and make our own entry question? We tried removing recaptha from the register page, but then nothing will happen when we push register...

• Administrators

Did you get it fixed?

We currently have the same prrblem. I think it is related to the reCaptcha. I have talked to the host, but they have no idea what is causing it.

Is there a way to bypass the reCaptcha and make our own entry question? We tried removing recaptha from the register page, but then nothing will happen when we push register...

If you're getting a socket error, that has to goto your host. They haven't configured MySQL correctly

• Administrators

If the register form isn't working because you're getting a socket error, disabling or changing anything won't make any differenc.

You have to remove it from the template, and then remove the check from the registration module

I agree with Nabeel. A socket error is host related. Avoid 15 year old kids who call them selves Web Hosts. Go with a good one that can give a real answer and can fix a problem that they would know is theirs. I'm not saying your host is bad, but yeah.....Socket error= Host Issue.

I also think disabling recaptcha is not a good idea. Spammers will come to love your site real fast like.

My $0.02 worth.

I rather keep recaptha off course, but I think it is kinnda unfair to say it like you do regarding unpro host etc.

They have solved all my problems so far in a very positive and effective way.

In this case I just don't know what has happen and neither does my host.

They also have other customers on the servers who don't have the problem.(not that they are using similar scripts etc)

It was working excellent until recently, and neither I or host changed anything.

Only thing we did was to add vacentral to our settings, I tried remove it, but that wasn't the problem.

I tried getting a new api code from google, but I don't know where to insert the recaptha api code into vms...

As allways it must be one server that the system needs external connection to witch we don't have set up yet or the ip adress of an existing one has changed.

Sorry didn't mean for you to take that wrong. That is why I also why I added that I was not saying your host is bad so in the end, my statement was pretty fair after all. ;)

I ran servers for years and every single time we had a socket error it was server related. Maybe it is something new that has recently come up with this script or the server. Who knows. Stranger things have happened. I have had many things work fine one day and no good the next. Hope you get it figured out soon. Best wishes.

It was the reCapthca causing the problem, we have made a temporary solution until we get the "link" to recaptha solved.

And now also recaptha work, it was the external server connection that was making the trouble.

Edited by jantorre

• Administrators

It was the reCapthca causing the problem, we have made a temporary solution until we get the "link" to recaptha solved.

And now also recaptha work, it was the external server connection that was making the trouble.

Do you get any errors running install/checkinstall.php