Rev 943 - VMS-328 VMS-329 #closed fixed

Nabeel

Thanks Nabeel. I forgot all about setting that to debug in the config file. Now on with the situation.

I looked at my debug and this is what it said.

=====

Time: 08.18.10 15:32:39

=====

Time: 08.18.10 15:32:39

Backtrace: DB::write_debug > DB::query > PilotData::updateProfile > PilotAdmin->viewpilots > call_user_func_array > MainController::RunAllActions

Query: UPDATE phpvms_pilots SET `code`='STR', `firstname`='Ray', `lastname`='Browell', `email`='TAV0001@thunderva.com', `location`='US', `hub`='KMCI', `retired`=0, `totalhours`='40.07', `totalflights`='17', `totalpay`='2314.94', `transferhours`='100', `comment`='', `payadjust`=100 WHERE `pilotid`=1

Error: (1054) - Unknown column 'comment' in 'field list'

=====

Notice the comment section above in red? Well, I removed the comment code from the pilot admin and now my entire pilot admin works a treat. Apparently, the little section in the admin panel you can add a comment on the pilots details, well according to my database, there is no comment field at all. So like I said, I removed all code related to comment and all is well now.

Nabeel to be honest, I already ditched the code in the tpl to get things up to speed with me and my whole other 5 pilots.

I do however, have a test install on a WAMP server. It is the latest stable. I will go upgrade it to this beta version and try it out and see if I can duplicate the problem. If so, I will run them querys and see what happens. Give me about 30 minutes or so and I will have some results for you.

Nabeel, you are correct. That is a bug that needs fixed. I tried to run the update.sql by hand in pph my admin but kept getting duplicate collum name errors. After weeding through it all and getting what worked and what did not, the comments finally worked in the admin section for pilot details.

Now that being said, I tried this on my local WAMP server and when I did a check install, i got LOADS of errors. So any info obtained from my local server I am not taking for anything reliable. BUT the initial problem did occur as well on a host server.

• Administrators

Nabeel, you are correct. That is a bug that needs fixed. I tried to run the update.sql by hand in pph my admin but kept getting duplicate collum name errors. After weeding through it all and getting what worked and what did not, the comments finally worked in the admin section for pilot details.

Now that being said, I tried this on my local WAMP server and when I did a check install, i got LOADS of errors. So any info obtained from my local server I am not taking for anything reliable. BUT the initial problem did occur as well on a host server.

Yeah it will give those dupe column errors and whatnot, but I just ignore those. Anything that hasn't been applied will apply anyway. It's less work for me to just throw the entire changeset at it and say "you figure it out. Thanks though, I'll hopefully get some time soon to have it fixed for the next beta

That kind of sux a little bit. No other site has anything like it that can be used? It's all good by me. I'm still using that last update that you put back on the server. So far the only live fuel prices I have is with anything NOT in the USA. For some reason, all my fuel prices are coming back as 0. I have been manually updating them as the problem comes up.

• 1 month later...