Brilliance v1 With jQuery Pilot Center

monkeypaw201

Tell ya what I can do, I will nix my code and send you a copy of the frontpage and layout in perfect working order and maybe you can scrape something together from there. Give me until sometime tomorrow though. I am getting ready to go to bed now. Early day tomorrow. I'll see what I can do to help out man. ;)

Sorry about not getting that code to you in regards to the above. I forgot I even posted here and life got REAL hectic on me last week.

Were you ever able to get things lined out ok?

And I forgot, It probably won't do me any good to send mine anyhow. I butchered mine up in a good kind of way. I hid the side bar on every page but the home page and pretty much had to rework some css to do it. So my code would totally jack your site all up.

Hi,

No worries, I have taken all of it off the side bar and looking at dropping the side all together, I have added the newest pilots to the top drop down menu, plus a few other items. Might go back over the original layout and see what is there and see if I can get to work, but when looking at some the pages the info overlaps the side bar.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah man it is a bunch of work to get rid of the side bar and fix all the issues with it. I like the side bar on the home page but as you mentioned, on all the others, it is a PITA.

Since you are taking this route for now, I will not hurry, but I was thinking tonight that I could take a default install and mod the template and a page or two so you can see it work correct and in action. I know I am tied up for the next few days though so possibly the beginning of this coming week? That sounds like a plan to me. ;)

Hi Guys need help in brilliance Skin same question i also have can we change the width of the page in brilliance skin because the current width did not fit correctly or if there is any way of removing side menu from brilliance skin so we have full page to display our modules?

Awaiting for someone to come up with proper guidance and solution.. :)

Regards

Asmara

Mark i know but it must be in the starting of the css but cant see anything like that plese look into this

main part of css

*{
margin:0;
padding:0;
}
body{
background:#fff;
font:11px/20px Tahoma,Helvetica,sans-serif;
color:#222;
}

/* Layout Styles Starts */

#wrapper_slider{
width:100%;
margin:0 auto;
position:relative;
padding:0 0 10px 0;
z-index: 2;
}
#wrapper{
width:900px;
margin:0 auto;
padding:0 0 10px 0;
}
#header-top{
height:120px;
overflow:hidden;
padding-top: 20px;
padding-right: 25px;
padding-bottom: 0;
padding-left: 0px;
}
	#logo{
		float:left;
	}
		#logo h1{
			background:url(../images/LogoNEW.png) no-repeat;
			width:325px;
		}
			#logo h1 a{
				display:block;
				height:104px;
			}
				#logo h1 a span{
					display:none;
				}
#s3slider{
	height:263px;
	overflow:hidden;
	z-index: 1;
}
	#s3sliderContent {
	   width: 900px; /* important to be same as image width or wider */
	   position: absolute; /* important */
	   top: 0; /* important */
	   margin-left: 0; /* important */
	}

.s3sliderImage {
	   float: left; /* important */
	   position: relative; /* important */
	   display: none; /* important */
	}

.s3sliderImage span {
	   position: absolute; /* important */
	   left: 0;
	   font: 10px/15px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	   padding: 10px 13px 15px 13px;
	   width: 874px;
	   background-color: #000;
	   filter: alpha(opacity=50); /* here you can set the opacity of box with text */
	   -moz-opacity: 0.7; /* here you can set the opacity of box with text */
	   -khtml-opacity: 0.7; /* here you can set the opacity of box with text */
	   opacity: 0.5; /* here you can set the opacity of box with text */
	   color: #fff;
	   display: none; /* important */
	   bottom: 0;

/*
		   if you put
		   top: 0; -> the box with text will be shown at the top of the image
		   if you put
		   bottom: 0; -> the box with text will be shown at the bottom of the image
	   */
	}

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can the author of the template please help this out............can we change the width of the page???????????? :huh:

Just a quick note on this skin, all the links were removed by Nabeel to begin with ( I believe ) because this skin was actually one that had to be paid for. The guy who ported it for phpVMS was caught ripping off templates and calling them his own. Since then, he abandoned and removed his own personal website from the net as well.

Any and all help on this skin will only be given if someone feels like helping. There is no author around that did it for phpVMS. If you go and ask the original author for help, you may just get busted for using a stolen template.

So in my opinion, the choice is simple. Figure it out by luck and some witt, or ask and wait patiently for help, or deal with it out of the box. ;)

If you so decide to give it a go on your own, please do note that it is not the easiest of skins in the world to work with. It is a good one for learning though. My honest opinion, try one that has been made by others for free, or build your won.

Good luck in what ever choice you make.

HI guys,

I have been looking to add a backgorund image to the whole site, so I figured that going to the css file and adding it there under the body but it did not work.

So I opened the css file and modified the background line

}

body{

background:#fff;

font:11px/20px Tahoma,Helvetica,sans-serif;

color:#222;

}

** changed to background:url<?php echo SITE URL?>/lib/skins/brilliancev1/images/clouds_bgTile.jpg **

but nothing changed, what have I missed?

@ 5SA CEO

Check this out for the BG image http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp if none of that works, hard code the link. That should do it, but I advise not hard coding if you do not have to.

@ JustinRomaine

And no, I don't think you will find a link anywhere for this skin anymore. Mine is so modified it does not even resemble the original anymore so I can't help you there. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Ray, do you have a copy of this tpl? I would like to use it fro my site.

I can look, but not sure I have an original anymore. I have modified mine to the point of no return. Knowing me, I most likely modified the only original one that I had. I will go and look in my files though.

how do i edit the wording? pictures etc?

Such as and where at? Everything you are looking for to edit is in the tpl files. Do NOT go in to core/templates and edit any tpl files there. Copy those files and then upload them to your lib/skins/(current template) and then edit them.

So in other words, if you wish to modify the core/templates/frontpage_main.tpl file, copy it out of core to the skin folder that you are currently using. If you do not, it WILL be over written in an update.

• 3 weeks later...