Staff list v1.0 BETA

dimitris

Hello every one! I m proud to say that the first version of Staff members list is here ! This version is not editable table from the admin center but is editable direct to the . tpl file.

1)Download the files (staff.zip)

2)edit the staff.tpl file and insert your own data (staff members, jobs, mails, images)

3)Upload staff folder to your modules folder

4)Upload staff.tpl to your templates folder

5)Make a link to your website: yourwebsite.com/index.php/staff

Remember is not editable from the admin center! only manual direct to .tpl

Regards Dimitris446

EDIT: File removed.

• Like 4

One thing to remember when it comes to putting emails on the net as a link, spam bots will harvest every single email on your site and that email will become essentially a junk box. I have had that problem many times before. If you use a robots text doc, that problem can be resolved.....normally.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying. ;) That is why you see so many people put their email on the net with [] around the @ symbol example me[@]thunderva.com that will make the link dead and un trackable to spam bots.

Another option is spam poison I do not work for nor am I affiliated with this place in any way shape or form. I just use it on every site I have or have had.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And where do I put that please? haha

Well mine is in my footer. You can put it in your main site navigation or side navigation too.

What template are you using for phpvms? I guess it is all personal preference really where you put it. Feel free to click my sig to see mine in action in my footer.

If you let me know where you would like it and what template you are using, I may be able to help. Please keep in mind though that the only templates I probably can help with is Obsessblue and default Crystal template.

**EDIT** sorry my sig dont click. my url is http://thunderva.com

Hey! Thanks very much for the quick reply. I'd like the link in the Nav bar, please, and I'm using the default 'crystal' template.

Thanks very much for your help :D, I'll get my head around this soon haha!

ok first off, take a copy of core_navigation.tpl and place it in your crystal folder. This file can be found in core/templates

If you add links to the core template files, they will get over written when you update your site. For that very reason, you would drop that file in your template folder as well. This is common practice here.

to add that link in the core_nav.tpl file that you just dropped in your skin folder, look for

<li><a href="<?php echo url('/pilots'); ?>">Pilots</a></li>

or similar

and add on the next line down

<li><a href="<?php echo url('/staff'); ?>">STAFF</a></li>

and save the file.

This should do the trick for you.

Now that being said, notice how I said that the core_nav.tpl file in the core/templates folder will be over written on update? Well so will your crystal skin since it is default. THe core_nav.tpl file that you add to the crystal folder will NOT be over written, BUT if you do any other editing to that template, it will be over written.

The best way around this problem is to download a copy of the crystal folder and simply rename it to something like crystal2 then go in to the style sheet file in your newly named crystal folder and find the code

<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" href="<?php echo SITE_URL?>/lib/skins/crystal/styles.css" />

and change it to

<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" href="<?php echo SITE_URL?>/lib/skins/crystal2/styles.css" />

that will give you your own custom template that you can add files to and edit them all til you are perfectly content and it will NEVER be over written.

I hope this helps some and I did not confuse you too much. ;)

• 9 months later...
  • Moderators

Hello everyone, me and dimitris are about to release a new one staff module for phpvms but unfortunately we have got a little problem:

public function edit_staff_1() {
	 $id = $this->get->id;
	if(PilotGroups::group_has_perm(Auth::$usergroups, ACCESS_ADMIN)) {
    $sql = "UPDATE ".TABLE_PREFIX."staff SET posit='".$this->get->posit."' WHERE id=$id";
    $sql1 = "UPDATE ".TABLE_PREFIX."staff SET name='".$this->get->name."' WHERE id=$id";
	$sql2 = "UPDATE ".TABLE_PREFIX."staff SET desc='".$this->get->descr."' WHERE id=$id";
	$sql3 = "UPDATE ".TABLE_PREFIX."staff SET email='".$this->get->email."' WHERE id=$id";
	$sql4 = "UPDATE ".TABLE_PREFIX."staff SET img='".$this->get->img."' WHERE id=$id";
	$sql5 = "UPDATE ".TABLE_PREFIX."staff SET note='".$this->get->note."' WHERE id=$id";
	//echo $sql;
	//echo "<br />";
	//echo $sql1;
	//echo "<br />";
	//echo $sql2;
	//echo "<br />";
	//echo $sql3;
	//echo "<br />";
	//echo $sql4;
	//echo "<br />";
	//echo $sql5;
	DB::query($sql);
	DB::query($sql1);
	DB::query($sql2);
	DB::query($sql3);
	DB::query($sql4);
	DB::query($sql5);
	echo "Updated!<br />Staff position for {$this->get->posit} have been updated."; 
	Template::Show('staff/staff_menu.tpl');
	//echo "{$this->get->desc}";
	//echo "{$this->get->id}";
			 }
 }

When i am trying to insert data on desc column it is not added but all the other fields are added correctly. I tried to echo the sql statement and it is passing the data correct to function but function is not adding the data at MYSQL database. If anyone can take a lot on the code and find any mistake please reply this theard as soon as possible because we are one step before before release!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...