PMDG 747X

CPC900

My KAcars showed this in the log:

"[08:08] - Mid Air Refuel! 29094AGL"

Now, there was NO such refuelling. Just wonderring what would possibly trigger that? Also, it showed a negative fuel use as well, for the entire flight?! I assume this is somehow a PMDG incompatibility of some sort!? Anyone else have odd logging issues? That is the FIRST and ONLY one I have seen so far, with KAcars.

Guest lorathon

PMDG handles the fuel differently. All systems have a hard time with it because of this reason. I really dont know a way around it especially since I do not have the aircraft.

Sorry for this. Maybe I will get in in the future and can work on it.

My KAcars showed this in the log:

"[08:08] - Mid Air Refuel! 29094AGL"

Now, there was NO such refuelling. Just wonderring what would possibly trigger that? Also, it showed a negative fuel use as well, for the entire flight?! I assume this is somehow a PMDG incompatibility of some sort!? Anyone else have odd logging issues? That is the FIRST and ONLY one I have seen so far, with KAcars.

I own the PMDG 744 for FS9 and it always did the "Mid Air Refuel". I never had any negative fuel usage but I did notice from time to time it reported fuel wrong. One time it reported I used 1324lbs of fuel when I flew over 6000nm! It didn't do it all the time and when it did it was only with the PMDG so I just corrected the PIREP and went on with my day.

• Moderators

Yeah, it seems to be only the PMDG 747x that is doing that, or at least, that I have noticed.

Weird. How would someone did not request a midair refuel and kACARS is saying it?

Say if you do a flight on PMDG 747 and see if the mid air refuel come up, then wacth your Fuel Tanks to see any changes.

• Moderators

Might happen because it balances fuel automatically, maybe those messages can be ignored if its the PMDG?

Umm, it might be. Becasue we can't have heavy tank on the left side and not heavy tank on the right side. It' look like the plane is not fueled up right. :lol

for somereason the PMDG 747x has always played games with acars and other flight management addins,

Having owned the aircraft for a couple of years ive realised that its better to fuel the aircraft, set the pumps accordingly then leave them alone even if the message display and the overhead tells you to start pushing buttons.

As nebal said, it balances fuel automatically and does things that fsx cant really understand, and as such most clients think its "re-fuelling" when in actual fact, its just moving the fuel between tanks.

While under KACARS i get the message (mostly when doing flights with a full tank) it hasnt to my knowledge caused any problems. Howver it did return a negative fuel load when i pushed the fuel tank buttons mid flight when the overhead asked me too.....

As a result i leave alone now

hope this helps.