Why?

simpilot

• Administrators

Why do people copy things? Changing a few colors and the header doesn't hide what has been done here.

http://www.saavirtual.org - compare the css file to - http://www.westjetvirtual.net

All you have to do is ask for help around here and usually someone will be more than happy to lend a hand.....

Sorry my keyboard just shot the craps on me as I was posting. Had to switch.

What I was going to say was, I find it hard to believe someone would rip a man off that adds and gives away so much for free to the community. That is just wrong on so many different levels.

Edited by TAV1702

• Moderators

People, People, People, Copy things! God D***. That's stealing others. Dave Yours is much betters!

Those firefox firebg is a studit thing! It can copy people's site!.

I'm kinda sick of this things!

I'll compre the css file to see....

• Moderators

SAA Virtual will really get it! He's just a theives of the world of copying CSS.

That is just sad, i'm hating to see these cases of copying.

They don't even ask for help.

@ Simpilot, did he react to any of your messages yet?

It's pretty dumb for people to do something like that. Before you know it, the cool stuff stays away and the "honest" people are being hurt here.

in any case, i don't know if i said it before... Simpilot, thanks for the awesome addons and the help! i love my virtual airline even though it could use a fresh design... :-)

KUDO'S!

Lucas

Simpilot, thanks for the awesome addons and the help!

Who's kidding who.....without Simpilot, phpvms would not be as awesome as it is! I think I have said it before, but I will say it again.......

Thanks Nabeel, Simpilot(Dave) and others who have helped with the development of phpvms!!!!!! :) Also the skinners out there, too!

Who's kidding who.....without Simpilot, phpvms would not be as awesome as it is! I think I have said it before, but I will say it again.......

Thanks Nabeel, Simpilot(Dave) and others who have helped with the development of phpvms!!!!!! :) Also the skinners out there, too!

Amen!

• Moderators

Get used to it, thats the VA world.....

How you feel if you were simpilot and someone copyed a skin off from your site and then someone pastes it in their own site?

I would feel disspointed.

Gentlemen,

My response to an email I received regarding the template design:

I fully appreciate and respect any copyright for Dave's software, I have also not removed any embedded copyright notices from his addons that he has published on www.phpvms.net. I coded this template from the ground up based on advice and information that Dave had provided on the forums, I am prepared to send you the zip file for this template in evidence thereof. I will happily make minor layout changes to the front page but the presentation thereof will always be similar as everyone using phpvms is using the same code.

There was no malicious intent here, it was purely a case of coding a template based on Dave's design that was considered practical and effective.

Just a few pointers to clear things up:

• Unlike many others here I have provided code, albeit minor in comparasion to some, on this forum for everyones use My link

• The css for the basic layout was obtained from cssportal

I honestly don't believe that I have stolen certainly haven't copied and pasted anything from anyone, everyone is using code that has been generously provided by talented programmers to display essentially similar data, with subtle differences in presentation.

Dave, please accept my humble apologies I will amend the template on my return from a business trip next week.

Mark

• Like 2

• Moderators

Good idea to make a new one. Becasue this person has done many wrongful things by copying the site from a Moderator and a great person releases free add-on mods,

wait a min. saapilot., you thought dave's skin is free to copy, WHICH THE AWSNER IS NO AND NOT! angry.gif

saapilot you have disrespect Dave and his site and you broke by copying it amking it look like exctaly.

Also i took my firebg up and compared by Dave's site and yours. and they are pretty same css.

Good luck saapilot, we might not provide support to you and maybe steal your css too.... we'll see about that and it might teach a lesson how you feel if someone stole yours and like dave would be upset and you too.

you should be ashamed saapilot, copying peoples site is not the word to do it.

Look guys... I know there are probably way too damn many Virtual Airlines around the globe, but that is because it is such a great hobby for everyone to have. Everyone that has visited phpVMS came here for one reason only, to make their VA the best that they can (me included). There are tons of coding, scripts and templates that you can find for free in this forum that you can't find anywhere else, or you wouldn't still be here. There have been a lot of questions being asked and answered to make your site even better than it was when you first started, and even more people willing to help you get the most out of it. There are also boundaries that really should be kept in order to keep receiving support. In my opinion, once you cross that boundary, you might as well find somewhere else to go, because I am sure you won't ever get the help and support you are looking for anymore. There are plenty of free skins available (and more to come) for you to keep your site different from everyone else's, so please do not copy someone's site code by code, it really isn't fair to the creator or anyone else who have tried their best to give you this great service.

• Moderators

Also, there is a tons of damn free things around here that;s why phpvms is free.

free skin!

free add-ons by simpilot

free code sinpets!

saapilot, you did not even bother looking around! you just went to surf someone's VA and copy it off!

• Moderators

Hey Dave, that would just piss me off big time....I guess he found the direct method of downloading the tpl....

Might be right, maybe saapilot is a hacker! :lol:

Dave, did you ever read the securing files and directories, here's the link. http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/3299-securing-files-and-directories/

I suggest you do it right now, or if you did it already.

Not that I want the same layout as the two previous mentioned websites, but if I was to use the CSS and Nifty links that saapilot quoted earlier in the thread, is anyone going to complain ?

Would rather check before the s*** hits the fan once again ....

Or is someone willing to assist in fixing / updating my existing CSS which I think looks like crap ?

Cheers

Adam

AUZ