Another short list of bugs and feature suggestions.

VinceN

BugsOn the schedules page you cannot Edit or Delete a schedule once you have entered it into the system.SuggestionsDeparture and Arrival times should be given in ZULU time as well as Local Time. This could be done either by having the user enter them manually or by setting the GMT offset on each city then when the user inputs ZULU time the system could automatically calculate Local time based on the GMT Offset.My Operations manager has also requested that I suggest adding the ability to assign Line Numbers to flights.For example of one of our aircraft was flying Flight 001, 002, 004, and 005. We could then assign those flights as Line #1. If we wanted to change the equipment flown, we could edit the Line and the equipment change would be reflected across all the flights assigned to that line instead of manually editing the Aircraft in each individual flight. I'm not sure if this makes any sense but thats how it was explained to me.Thanks, Hope i'm not being too much of a pest icon_e_smile.gif

• Administrators

For the time, you can enter the time in whatever format you want. If you enter the time-zone, etc in, I should be able to manipulate it, though I'm not really sure. If you want though, you can enter both times into the field. It's open-ended really.I put the line changes in my queue, good idea, but it probably won't be for the next build, maybe the one after that. It'll require some database changes, and a new section in the admin panel. I need to plan it out. but my question is - enter a line, or choose the aircraft? I guess I'll have an option for "either/or" . Will there really be this many changes to schedules? Just trying to get some information so I can design this the best way.The problem with editing a schedule though - the schedule is linked to a flight report. So if you change the destination on a schedule, it will change it across the reports. It's linked like this so in some time, there can be some statistics. Maybe I'll have the locations unchangeable, but other data is. But that was my reasoning for not allowing deletes or edits; since one part coincides with another. I'll figure something out. But no problem, lend your input at any time icon_e_smile.gifHopefully I should have the next build by this weekend.

Maybe a better way to do the flight reports would be to have it look up the Schedule information at that time and then enter it in a seperate table instead of linking it to the schedule itself. This way changes to the schedule over the long term do not affect statistics.Our schedule changes fairly often (We rotate schedules out seasonally) so this could be a problem. Also it doesn't help in the event that we enter information incorrectly that there is no edit/delete functionality

• Administrators

Seems like we're both on now.. lol. But yeah, I think I'm gonna change how the flight reports work. It's going to have to be disjointed with ACARS reports as well. I'll add in a edit/delete.Also, what about "schedule on/off" function? Would that help as well?