phpVMS No Attribution License

Nabeel

• Moderators

Awsome nabeel, now we won't have any issues with powered by phpVMS problems over the topics. But i don't really need it, that's why phpVMS is free and open source so i'll keep the powered by phpVMS up.

Awsome nabeel, now we won't have any issues with powered by phpVMS problems over the topics. But i don't really need it, that's why phpVMS is free and open source so i'll keep the powered by phpVMS up.

fully agree nice offer but why remove the Link

I rather like to show what system is driving force behind my VA :)

• Administrators

Umm Nabeel you do know that it is very easy to remove Powered by phpvms from the footer of a site running phpvms or does this only apply to people using fivedev hosting.

I know it's easy, but legally you are not allowed to, as it's part of the Creative Commons License which phpVMS is licensed under. But you can purchase an option to be able to legally remove it.

• Moderators

no, like i mean if you don't pay it and you take it off, what would happen?

Thats just plain and clear disrespect for Nabeel and all his hard work.

Im sure it would be raised in the forums here as it has been in the past and any help that person thought they could get were given the cold shoulder.

Its just disrespectful seeing as this has all been developed and offered free by Nabeel, all he asks is the powered by phpvms and a back link to his site.

Ill get off my soap box now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Dear Nabeel

First of all thanks for the good work on the VA management system you have provided

I have a question exactly related to POWERED BY and GPL

In GPL if a developer make 2 major changes or feature add ons to the core of a free opensource application or even OS, the name can be changed and no more powered by or copyright from the main developer is needed.

Me and a friend of mine have made more that 60% changes and improvements and added about 20 powerful reports to phpvms and now using it at www.parmiss-airlines.com

UN-INTENTIONALLY the powered by is removed when the new site template was being prepared and now some people around notified us on this matter (on IVAO forum honestly).

So I'm asking this question: Must we add the words "Based on PHPVMS" or you will let us go without this matter.

This would be kind of you if you pay us a visit at Parmiss Airlines Website and then contact me to discuss more about it to my profile email.

Regards

Amir Reza Haji Nazari

Parmiss Airlines webmaster / FOC

• 7 years later...
  • Administrators
6 hours ago, 21Insight said:

Hello, thanks first for your hard work, and all who contribute to this project, in the event that buy the license, we change every 6 or 12 months the domain or location of the PhpVMS then continue to serve or I get to buy it.

It's for the VA

• Thanks 1