Going well but minor issue.

VinceN

I've just got the basics of my first skin up and running. The results can be seen athttp://test.ceruleanairlines.com/One issue i'm having is the menu. When logged in the PIREP button normally has a drop down menu that appears when you hover over it, however in my case its displayed under the main menu in the header image.Is there some way to correct this or can an alternate menu scheme be created?

• Administrators

Looks sweet!You can change the navigation, it's all CSS. Just copy the core_navigation.tpl.Also, did you include the stuff listed under "Skin Elements". http://www.phpvms.net/docs/skinningIt might be showing up behind because of the z-index. In the "topNav" class, change that z-index.But I think if you add all the template stuff from the link above in your skin, it should work.Overall, how was the skinning?

Once you get used to the way the system is designed it's pretty easy.I think though that the template files should be included in the "skin" folder/file instead of as part of the core package.The way it stands now if I change skinning templates I have to go in and manually change or recreate the template files. I think the one in the CORE files should be the default and any similarly named files in the SKINS folder should override the defaults. However that may be very difficult to code at this stage and I don't feel setting it up that way should be such a high priority that it detracts from the overall work.*Updated* I also wonder how easy it will to upgrade to subsequent versions if the templates get overwritten everytime I install a new build

• Administrators
Once you get used to the way the system is designed it's pretty easy.I think though that the template files should be included in the "skin" folder/file instead of as part of the core package.The way it stands now if I change skinning templates I have to go in and manually change or recreate the template files. I think the one in the CORE files should be the default and any similarly named files in the SKINS folder should override the defaults. However that may be very difficult to code at this stage and I don't feel setting it up that way should be such a high priority that it detracts from the overall work.*Updated* I also wonder how easy it will to upgrade to subsequent versions if the templates get overwritten everytime I install a new build
That is how it's supposed to work. Hmm, maybe there's a bug there. I will definitely look into this for this weekend's build. I coulda sworn it was working.The proper way is to copy the template file into the folder of the skin you're using (so if you're using the "default" skin, your updated templates go into that folder, that way it's easy to package up a complete skin with it's own design templates), not in the skins directory root. And that file will be used over the one sitting in the core. I think I need to revisit the main templating engine since I wrote it a while ago for another project, it needs some fixing.But on the next build back up your templates, then put them in the folder of the skin you're using now. Or on the build you're using, try it out. I'll test this as well this week.