MrAmsterdam

Acer Aspire Revo R1600

Intel Atom 230 (2 cores @ 1.60 Ghz)

140GB HDD

2 GB ram

Nvidia Ion LE

Win XP Home

FS2004

I know crazy to run on such a system, but it's small, it's quiet, and from a fresh boot can crank out 15-20 fps with moderate graphics settings and tons of AI. I only get the stutters in the usual locations. Next month though, it's getting some upgrades: SSD boot drive (current HDD will go eSATA)and possibly a bump up to 4 GB of ram.

Hewlett-Packard Compaq

Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @2.00 GHZ Processor

Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB

400 GB HDD

Windows 7 Home Premium (x86) 32 Bits

ZOTAC GeForce 9500 1 GB GDDR2

MS Flight Simulator X / MS Flight Simulator 2004

It gives me well over 40 fps.

Fellas, I am proud to say after reading all of these posts, I probably have the crapiest system out of anyone now days. 3 kids and college student loans later does not allow me to spend money on computer stuff.

My system is 2 years old. It is a Compaq which is problem number one. 1 gb ram, 3.2 Intel Celeron. Yeah.... you heard correct a Celeron. No video or sound card 8 mb on board. Was 64 with Vista but as soon as I ditched Vista and put XP Pro on it, I lost video numbers. Oh and a whole whopping 120gb hard drive that is 73% free space.

It is all ok though because I crank out 20 fps locked on the ground and sky with sliders maxed. AND I can also run FSX no problems on medium settings provided I do not install any of the service packs for FSX. As soon as I do, I get a video error and can not use it anymore.

I am more than surprised FS 2004 runs as good as it does on this old clunker. I am even more surprised that I can run FSX. All these big fancy systems out there and my FS2004 runs just as good if not better than some of them I have seen. Simply amazing huh? I need to benchmark this old pile one of these days to find out what exactly she is doing inside.

And lets not forget that when flying online with others, please lock your frames at 20 so some of the older junkier computers do not get booted. The human eye can not detect anything above 30fps I believe it is so why bother right? ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dell Inspron 545 prosesser:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

Installed memory (RAM):4.00GB Windows 7 g4-bit Operating System

Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4350

Does anyone know what I need to upgrade to get more FPS in fsx?

thanks

I would say you would need to upgrade your graphics card nothing else. From what I remember as I do not run FSX ( I have it but FS9 is better) FSX will only ever use 2 of you 4 cores so you have enough power I would say it is just your graphics card how much onboard RAM on the card do you have?

I would say you would need to upgrade your graphics card nothing else. From what I remember as I do not run FSX ( I have it but FS9 is better) FSX will only ever use 2 of you 4 cores so you have enough power I would say it is just your graphics card how much onboard RAM on the card do you have?

I have 4.00 Gb of ram. I will have a look into upgrading the graphics card.

James

I have 4.00 Gb of ram. I will have a look into upgrading the graphics card.

James

you have 4 gig on the motherboard but what do you have on the graphics card 256,512,1GB that makes a big difference to how well flightsim runs also the clock speed of the card is important.

Scott

• 1 month later...

I've bought a new system a month or 3 ago.

I7-2600K @ 4.3GHZ (need a new cooler to upgrade to 4.5/4.6GHZ)

460 GTX SE NVIDIA Graphics card (1 GHZ)

8 GiB Memory

I get about 25 - 30 fps on large airports and 50+ on smaller airports...

great system. i love it :-)

all of these are good! but to me i found it interesting that most of u have commercial pc's or laptops.

nobody builds computers these days???

i have 3 pc's which i built.

its 3x cheaper!

and i choose what i need for ex. why would i need a cd drive ? or a nice case ? which dell or hp or whatever make money off (not only)

all of these are good! but to me i found it interesting that most of u have commercial pc's or laptops.

its 3x cheaper!

and i choose what i need for ex. why would i need a cd drive ? or a nice case ? which dell or hp or whatever make money off (not only)

I wouldn't have the time to build a computer laugh.gif Besides I don't have the patience either unsure.gif

its 3x cheaper!

I have a self built PC, and always build my own. My rig specs are:

Asus P6T mobo

Intel Core i7 920

Kingston HyperX DDR3-2000 12GB kit (6x2GB sticks)

2x 500Gb Barracuda SATA II HDD's

CM Silent Pro M 700w PSU

Asus 20x DVD-RW

ATI HD6870 GPU

Custom watercooling

Asus Xonar Essence ST Audio

Windows 7 Ultimate

I'm into custom PC building, and this is the last rig I built:

qube1.jpg

qube2.jpg

I sold the chassis, and have upgraded some of the components since I built the one shown in the photo. I'm going to be building a new chassis and rig over the summer hols, so that's something for me to look forward to. If any other modders here are interested, I wrote a bloggy style site, documenting the build here: http://hexsys.co.uk/test2/ ( I done the site as a uni project).

@Jeff, it's easy on the juice, but not on the electric bill!!

@Mark, Thanks B)

I really miss that case, but the next one is going to be much better, as long as the missus doesn't get hold of my costings sheet!! My PC hardware is slumming it at the mo, in an Antec Skeleton chassis (I got it as a freebie, and it'll do till I build my next case).