About Simpilot

simpilot

• Administrators

While I’m willing to come to these forums and help people out from time to time, I’m no personal helpdesk in any way, shape or form. This goes for stuff I’ve contributed myself as well as for the complete out-of-the blue support questions.

If you have a question or need help: ask on these forums. Either find a related topic or start your own. Don’t PM me. Don’t email me. I won’t respond. Never. This isn’t because I don’t like you or because I think you don’t deserve help. This is because I have work and a life of my own that I find infinitely more important. I will help out when I can, and I’ll especially keep track of the topics for code I’ve contributed. But I have little time for people who think they can either abuse topics by going wildly off-topic to ask a certain user (like me) for help, or for people who think I’ll help out when they ask me by PM or email. All you’ll get by approaching me like that is that I’ll ignore you for as long as I remember you did.

Some things about me

Am I your "buddy", "dude", or "bro"? No I am not.

If you are on a free host, expect problems, and no I do not know how to get around them.

If you complain and bump topics because you have not gotten a response in 3.5 minutes, you are in too big of a hurry for me.

If you have a module you think would be a benefit our community, let me know. If it makes sense to me I may work on it.

Yes, you can extend the code of any simpilot module as you please, but do not profit from it.

If you use pastebin instead of posting massive ammounts of code in the forum I will be happy for at least an hour.

If your server crashed and you did not have a backup of your site and data, there is nothing I nor anyone else can do to make it magically return.

One of my favorite threads: How to ask for help

FAQ

I have the error:

Notice: The template file "/home/yoursite/public_html//core/templates/events/events_index.tpl" doesn't exist in /home/yoursite/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248"

The answer is in the error - The file does not exist in the path as it should be.

There are 3 possible reasons:

1 - The file really isnt there in the folder like it should be.

2 - You have loaded the file to the wrong place on your server.

3 - The file got corrupted on upload.

The solution:

Reload the file to your server, and make sure it is in the correct path.

Your module templates do not fit my skin.

I only supply generic templates with the modules I put out. You need to fit them into your template.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi

that too great but one thing i must sey

i think all of you are familar with the php codeing or page design but maybe there will be some one like me unfamilar whit this but like to learn. i only need one thing

as i serach all of topics in this group i see you say copy the folder on your server and after that say creat the link could you explane where upload the files and how creat the link becaus it is the first step and if some one do wrong thing all of the thing will not work.

for example i install my PHPVMS in this path .../PHPVMS/ and wen i want to upload RSL folder here i must uzip the foldre here in main root(.../PHPVMS/) and it become like this (.../PHPVMS/RLS/)or not manualy copy the files in core folder to (.../PHPVMS/Core/...).

tanks :D

• Administrators

Hi

that too great but one thing i must sey

i think all of you are familar with the php codeing or page design but maybe there will be some one like me unfamilar whit this but like to learn. i only need one thing

as i serach all of topics in this group i see you say copy the folder on your server and after that say creat the link could you explane where upload the files and how creat the link becaus it is the first step and if some one do wrong thing all of the thing will not work.

for example i install my PHPVMS in this path .../PHPVMS/ and wen i want to upload RSL folder here i must uzip the foldre here in main root(.../PHPVMS/) and it become like this (.../PHPVMS/RLS/)or not manualy copy the files in core folder to (.../PHPVMS/Core/...).

tanks :D

When you unzip the folder of a module, or at least one I put out, it is already structured as it should be for the application. So, if you unzip the folder and inside of it you have a core folder just like you have a core folder on your install of phpVMS, then everything in that core folder would be copied into your core folder of your install as it is structured in the download. If you are using an ftp client to load the files (which I recommend versus the the upload functions of some control panels) you can open the root of your site and you should at least have folders for core, lib, and admin. when you have a module folder open on the other side of your ftp client you should have the same folders, at least the ones that are needed. Then just drag the entire folders across just like you did when you uploaded the base application and allow it to merge the folders.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I guess I have a very simple question: When will you release your newest Tour module?

I have been trying to remake it myself however I think we would all appreciate the release as it saves us all time and ultimately gives us all a more fun VA experience :)

+1! :)

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Ughhgghh Roger,

Basically I think this is a good idea,

Since simpilot is popular, you know what it means, people chasing them for help and an awsner for less than one minute ....

So since I think it's a good idea and it should stay up just to warn people to what they are dealing!!!

Guest lorathon

Holy Moly.

Roger I guess you better leave the jokes in the drawer. I personally thought it was quite amusing. (Please respond in the next 37 seconds or I will -1 all of your posts :) )

• Moderators

Holy Moly.

Roger I guess you better leave the jokes in the drawer. I personally thought it was quite amusing. (Please respond in the next 37 seconds or I will -1 all of your posts :) )

lol, lorathon, that sounds like a -1 time bomb!! :lol:

• Administrators

Ok, did some thread cleanup.

Cut it out guys, it's not what I want on my forums. Supposed to be a place for anyone to come without any hostilities. I don't wanna have to put a curse-word filter and all that stuff on here, cuz that's not how I roll

• Like 5

• 8 months later...