Type of Hacking

Connor1994

Hi there, just experienced a type of hacking, i came on my cpanel and noticed 25 pending apps all with silly names, how do i stop this? is there anyway to get a script that will not add any pending pilots to the roster and so they dont use up IDS? now the next real pilot that signs up will have an ID starting at 64 ish

sorry for brief messages, trying to sort this

• Moderators

It seems to.

I had that problem before. It was just pissing me off and banning IP addresses.

Connor, the best way to prevent is this to ban every IP Addresses on who signed up.

And reset the pilot ids in the maintiance area in phpVMS. I think. Or something else.

Connor if you want to reset your pilot IDs, go to your SQL database, then find the phpvms_pilots table, at the top go to Operations, then it will have a area that reads "AUTO_INCREMENT" change that to the next Pilot ID number you want to be used. Then your done, all new registrations will start from the number and go back up ;)

Ada

• Moderators

Messing with the id's can be messy and lead to further problems later down the line, your nit likely to run out of numbers so i would just leave them and carry on.

Another way of looking at it is if a member leaves your VA and wants all his information removed you will have gaps in your numbers again and you cant reuse that id.

I understand what your saying but i would just leave it as is and delete the spam accounts.

That's spamming rather than hacking. Recapcha is relatively good so I would expect it's just someone messing around.

yep Recapcha is good if not the best:)

if it was no human attacker

then I would say it unfortunately look like some spambot programmer found a way to get through Recapcha antispam barrier

did you have an IP of the attackers fake registrations?

Best Regards

Thomas