VAForum 2

Tom

Indeed it is. I'm away from home working at the moment and don't feel I can properly complete it here, however I may be able to package something up for release on Friday.

There is going to be a little difficulty converting from the current VAForum sue to a drastic database change - this will take some time to work out. Obviously I don't want you to just be installing as if nobody has ever said anything :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Tom!

Until the release could you post hare a code so we can use to get the last post per forum ? I mean as you have topics/posts on forum_index.tpl to have a column for Last Post :)

Like:

+=====Latest Post=====+

| By pilotname at Date |

| topic name |

+===================+

• Like 1

Uh, I don't think that's particularly easy on the current release. I rewrote the entire forum, one of the reasons being to be able to do this properly. It would be more work to figure out how to do it on the current version than it would to finish the new one...

• 7 months later...

It's horribly messy, but for now this should work:

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" border="0" width="100%"><thead><th>Topic</th><th>Updated</th><th>Posted by</th></thead><tbody>
<?php $topics = ForumData::get_new_topics(5);
$row = 1;
foreach($topics as $topic){
$forum = ForumData::get_forum_name($topic->topic_forumid);
$forumcat = ForumData::get_cat_name($forum->forum_cat);
if($forumcat->cat_ispublic == 0){
echo ' ';
}
elseif($forumcat->cat_ispublic != 0){
echo '<tr class="row'.$row.'">';
echo '<td><a href="'.url('Forum/get_topic_posts?id='.$topic->id).'&forum_id='.$topic->topic_forumid.'">'.$topic->topic_title.'</a></td>';
echo '<td>'.date('d/m/Y - g:i a', strtotime($topic->topic_dateupdated)).'</td>';
$updatedby=PilotData::GetPilotData($topic->topic_updatedby);
echo '<td>'.PilotData::GetPilotCode($updatedby->code, $topic->topic_updatedby).'</td>';
echo '</tr>';
$row = 1 - $row;
}else{
echo '<tr><td colspan="3">No topics!</td></tr>';
}
}
?>
</tbody></table>

(Cut straight from the code on my own website so if the code is really bad feel free to tidy it up tongue.gif)

Hi there,

I have spend an hour searching for the file to edit to add this snippet on to my web page. If it is not too much of an effort, can you please indicate which file to edit?

• 3 months later...

I have one post that comes up with an error.

[b]Warning[/b][color=#666666][font=Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [/size][/font][/color][b]/home/flyakaco/public_html/flynpa.com/core/templates/forum_post_list.tpl[/b][color=#666666][font=Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3] on line [/size][/font][/color][b]9[/b]

Every other post comes up fine.

** Found out this happened after a admin tried to delete the post.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi flyalaska - sorry I missed your post. I'll have to take a look at what's going on, though I'll probably only provide a temp fix (see below).

Hi servetas - yes I do plan to release a new forum module, I can't give an estimate of when for the moment though as I have little time to fit it in with work and my own site atm.

For my link I have to type in "www,mysite/forum" If I use "/Forum" I get an cant find error. So when I go to make a post or a change when I press a button it wants to go to "Forum" instead of "forum".

Any one else had this issue? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

It needs to be http://www.mysite.com/index.php/Forum

You forgot the index.php

Index is there. Sorry I did not show it. The problem is the upper and lower case "F" in forum. If I use lower case it will show the forum. If I use uppercase "Forum" I get page not found. when I want to make a change and Click on a button it will go to Forum and not work.

Tom.. I have every Mod working but this one. I do not think that it is my host. :) It most likely me... but I cannot figure it out. It is not the end of the world as I have other boards that I can use. I was just hoping to keep all in PHPVMS.

I tried to copy everything over again but it still did not work.

Hello Tom. Long time no chit chat about this here forum. Were you ever able to get a handle on the new one? I am officially done with school as of today and hopefully graduating.... I have one class in question. So it's time to pick back up on the old airline stuff and get going again.

On a personal note, I hope all is well on your end. I know you got real busy too there for a while.

Glad you got it fixed Fireball :)

Hello Tom. Long time no chit chat about this here forum. Were you ever able to get a handle on the new one? I am officially done with school as of today and hopefully graduating.... I have one class in question. So it's time to pick back up on the old airline stuff and get going again.

On a personal note, I hope all is well on your end. I know you got real busy too there for a while.

Hey, thanks :) Long time indeed, hope everything is good with you too.

I do plan on releasing a completely rewritten forum - based on the forum I've written for my site. Unfortunately with work and said site I haven't as much time as I'd like for other development.

Glad you got it fixed Fireball :)

Hey, thanks :) Long time indeed, hope everything is good with you too.

I do plan on releasing a completely rewritten forum - based on the forum I've written for my site. Unfortunately with work and said site I haven't as much time as I'd like for other development.

I know how real life goes chief. I feel ya. I been in and out of the hospital more this year than ever before in my life and time on pc is real limited. Life always has to stick it's ugly face in place of our fun eh? :)

I'll keep my eyes open for updates in the future. Take care and keep cool. It is hot as hell out man! :-)

• 3 months later...