Sorting Active/Inactive Pilots [SOLVED]

Guest lorathon

Guest lorathon

I looked for the original thread for this but could not find it. This fixes the problem where if you attempt to sort the status of pilots by Active/Inactive the entire list of pilots would disappear.

To fix you need to make a modification to one file.

/admin/templates/pilots_list.tpl

Replace the code in the template with this. (Be sure to make a back-up of the original first.)

<h3>Pilots List</h3>

<table id="grid"></table>
<div id="pager"></div>
<br />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="<?php echo fileurl('/lib/js/jqgrid/css/ui.jqgrid.css');?>" />
<script src="<?php echo fileurl('/lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-en.js');?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="<?php echo fileurl('/lib/js/jqgrid/js/jquery.jqGrid.min.js');?>" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
$("#grid").jqGrid({
  url: '<?php echo adminaction('/pilotadmin/getpilotsjson');?>',
  datatype: 'json',
  mtype: 'GET',
  colNames: ['', 'First', 'Last', 'Email', 'Location', 'Status', 'Rank', 'Flights', 'Hours', 'IP', 'Edit'],
  colModel : [
	{index: 'id', name: 'id', hidden: true, search: false },		
	{index: 'firstname', name : 'firstname',sortable : true, align: 'left', search: 'true', searchoptions:{sopt:['in']}},
	{index: 'lastname', name : 'lastname',  sortable : true, align: 'left', searchoptions:{sopt:['in']}},
	{index: 'email', name : 'email', sortable : true, align: 'left',searchoptions:{sopt:['li']}},
	{index: 'location', name : 'location',  sortable : true, align: 'center',searchoptions:{sopt:['eq','ne']}},
	{index: 'retired', name : 'status', sortable : true, align: 'center',searchoptions:{sopt:['in']}},
	{index: 'rank', name : 'rank', sortable : true, align: 'center', searchoptions:{sopt:['eq','ne']}},
	{index: 'totalflights', name : 'totalflights', sortable : true, align: 'center',searchoptions:{sopt:['lt','gt']}},
	{index: 'totalhours', name : 'totalhours', sortable : true, align: 'center',searchoptions:{sopt:['lt','gt']}},
	{index: 'lastip', name : 'lastip', sortable : true, align: 'center', searchoptions:{sopt:['in']}},
	{index: '', name : '', sortable : true, align: 'center', search: false}
],
   pager: '#pager', rowNum: 25,
   sortname: 'pilotid', sortorder: 'asc',
   viewrecords: true, autowidth: true,
   height: '100%'
});

jQuery("#grid").jqGrid('navGrid','#pager', 
{edit:false,add:false,del:false,search:true,refresh:true},
{}, // edit 
{}, // add 
{}, //del 
{multipleSearch:true} // search options 
); 
</script>

Guest lorathon

I have modified so many thing perhaps I forgot to include something. I will do a fresh install and then repair the table. Look back for the fix in awhile.

Sorry about this but I have fixed it :D

Guest lorathon

I changed the original template code. I left in the pilotid column that I added for our table.

I just checked this on a clean site (full install - NOT beta) and it worked fine.

This is what is changed and what is happening.

Line 23 of the template - ORIGINAL

{index: 'status', name : 'status', sortable : true, align: 'center',searchoptions:{sopt:['in']}},

Line 23 of the template - MODIFIED

{index: 'retired', name : 'status', sortable : true, align: 'center',searchoptions:{sopt:['in']}},

This changes the way it is sorted from trying to sort by the strings (Active / Retired) to indexing and sorting by the actual data in the retired column (0 = active / 1 = retired)

• Moderators

OK so if your on a beta here is the code for you :lol:

<h3>Pilots List</h3>

<div id="pager"></div>
<br />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="<?php echo fileurl('/lib/js/jqgrid/css/ui.jqgrid.css');?>" />
<script src="<?php echo fileurl('/lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-en.js');?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="<?php echo fileurl('/lib/js/jqgrid/js/jquery.jqGrid.min.js');?>" type="text/javascript"></script>

$("#grid").jqGrid({
  colNames: ['','First', 'Last', 'Email', 'Location', 'Status', 'Rank', 'Flights', 'Hours', 'IP', 'Edit'],
	{index: 'firstname', name : 'firstname',sortable : true, align: 'left', search: 'true', searchoptions:{sopt:['in']}},
	{index: 'lastname', name : 'lastname',  sortable : true, align: 'left', searchoptions:{sopt:['in']}},
	{index: 'email', name : 'email', sortable : true, align: 'left',searchoptions:{sopt:['li']}},
	{index: 'location', name : 'location',  sortable : true, align: 'center',searchoptions:{sopt:['eq','ne']}},
	{index: 'rank', name : 'rank', sortable : true, align: 'center', searchoptions:{sopt:['eq','ne']}},
	{index: 'totalflights', name : 'totalflights', sortable : true, align: 'center',searchoptions:{sopt:['lt','gt']}},
	{index: 'totalhours', name : 'totalhours', sortable : true, align: 'center',searchoptions:{sopt:['lt','gt']}},
	{index: 'lastip', name : 'lastip', sortable : true, align: 'center', searchoptions:{sopt:['in']}},
],
   sortname: 'lastname', sortorder: 'asc',
});

{}, // edit 
{}, // add 
{}, //del 
); 
</script>

Rather than copy all the code its just a simple name change on line 23 at the beginning, from status to retired

Guest lorathon

If you would like the pilotid you have to change the pilotadmin/pilotadmin.php file also and then change the template again. Here is the code for this.

This has also been tested on the clean install of the full version

/admin/modules/PilotAdmin.php

Line 362

$tmp = array(
'id' => $row->id,
'cell' => array(
	# Each column, in order
	$row->id,
	$row->pilotid,              // Add this line to include the pilotid number in the table
	$row->firstname,
	$row->lastname,
	$row->email,
	$location,
	$status,
	$row->rank,
	$row->totalflights,
	$row->totalhours,
	$row->lastip,
	$edit,
),

/admin/templates/pilots_list.tpl

Change the entire template code to the following

<h3>Pilots List</h3>

<div id="pager"></div>
<br />

$("#grid").jqGrid({
  colNames: ['','Pilotid', 'First', 'Last', 'Email', 'Location', 'Status', 'Rank', 'Flights', 'Hours', 'IP', 'Edit'],
	{index: 'pilotid', name : 'pilotid',sortable : true, align: 'center', search: 'true', searchoptions:{sopt:['eq']}},
],
   sortname: 'lastname', sortorder: 'asc',
});

{}, // edit 
{}, // add 
{}, //del 
); 
</script>

Guest lorathon

Jeff you are a star, i was just looking at changing that as the pilot ID's are handy to see

Thanks Mark. I had been looking at this on and off for awhile now. Just couldn't get my head around it for some reason. And then it just clicked.