Complete Airports List

APX0475

Afternoon Gents,

Im stuck in a delma and I just dont know how Im going to go about solving it.

Is there anyone with a complete SQL database for the airports by any chance? I could go in manually and add EVERY airport

because Im just going to have a universal Flight number that everyone will use. But I REALLY dont feel like adding all the airports

in but If thats what needs to happen I will but if anyone can contribute the file I would be GRATEFUL!

Best Regards,

Greg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Here is the data dump for my airports table for a charter system I have built if it will help. It has 41533 airfields, helipads, water strips, and private airfields in it, I think there are still some that I do not have in it but its a start. It is a big file so you may have to split it up to import it into your table, if you are on free hosting I would not even try.

phpvms_airports.sql.zip

• Like 4

• Moderators

Here is the data dump for my airports table for a charter system I have built if it will help. It has 41533 airfields, helipads, water strips, and private airfields in it, I think there are still some that I do not have in it but its a start. It is a big file so you may have to split it up to import it into your table, if you are on free hosting I would not even try.

WOW! Thanks simpilot. B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any of you sql wizards know if there is a way to make it skip entries that exist already instead of stopping? At most all I can get in is 58 airports. Before trying to run this I had only like 30 in my DB.

I suppose I could drop all my airports and start from scratch since it is a dev site anyhow. I hate to do that though due to schedules I already have that I do fly with for testing purposes.

If you drop all airport out of the db you will loose your hubs.

Regards,

Allan

Loosing the hubs is the least of my worries. ;) It is a dev site that only has me and the old lady on it anyhow. I could always manually remove the ones I already have from the "List O' Airports". :D

• Moderators

Cor, everything works for me.

I'm using a dedicated server with the airports, and no load stress yet!! :)

So are you sure you putted the import data in the right database, lets say your phpVMS DB is "JUZZ", you go in the database and click inport, and it should do that.

Is it safe to say to only use this list for a new install? Upon further review, the only way for me to get around the duplicate error is to A) Drop current airports from database and start fresh, or edit the sql list and update ID numbers an remove airports I already have. Good times eh boys? lol

This is one hell of a list though. Thanks Simpilot!

Ok so I dropped all my airports and added the sql file and tah dah!!! Got all the airports. Now I am fighting the exhausted memory error. Tried using my own fix I posted in the code snippets but not getting it to work. All the rest of the site works great. Now I can not view schedules. I'm sure in the end I will get it all fixed up nice like.

nice :)

do I need to drop any of the airports that is currently in my DB or will they overwritten by yours?

will maybe use it with a new VA

Best Regards

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I have installed the big list in my free hosting webspace but after, when I have tried to Add a scheduled flight from the admin pannel I got the following message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8208111 bytes) in core/classes/CodonCache.class.php on line 202

what is happened?

I hope you can help me...bye bye!

• Moderators

You do have a backup?

This is from my development server its empty apart from the 2 airports but it will give you the table back,

--
-- Table structure for table `phpvms_airports`
--

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `phpvms_airports` (
 `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
 `icao` varchar(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
 `name` text NOT NULL,
 `country` varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
 `lat` float NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
 `lng` float NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
 `hub` smallint(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
 `fuelprice` float NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
 `chartlink` text NOT NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
 UNIQUE KEY `icao` (`icao`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=3 ;

--
-- Dumping data for table `phpvms_airports`
--

INSERT INTO `phpvms_airports` (`id`, `icao`, `name`, `country`, `lat`, `lng`, `hub`, `fuelprice`, `chartlink`) VALUES
(1, 'KJFK', 'Kennedy International', 'USA', 40.6398, -73.7787, 0, 0, ''),
(2, 'EGKK', 'Gatwick Airport', 'United Kingdom', 51.1481, -0.190278, 1, 0, '');