Beta version cannot retrieve flight bid

Mysterious Pilot

A few days ago I used v1.0.0.8 and was able to retrieve the flight bid I had made, then I flew my inaugural flight. I now have 1.0.0.9 installed and on my VA site I made a bid for a flight. I have configured (and selected) this VA profile (my only profile). I am also able to log in to my VA ("Logged In" green label).

However, when I press the "Get Flight Number Info" It gives me a red label "No Flight Info Found" pressing it subsequently leaves the user with the same red label, not knowing whether it is an old message or doing something :-(

If I enter the flight number (complete) in the textbox then it is able to retrieve. My question is, should it not simply retrieve a list of schedules the user has bid on and let him/her select the one he/she means to fly? or do you always have to fill it in? in another ACARs the whole thing is retrieved without having to explicitely enter the flight number. I think, given that one has to enter the flight number I think following the usual practices would be good:

1. Enable the Flight Number textbox when logged in event is processed

2. Disable the Get Flight Info button (Charter checkbox remains enabled) because there is no flight number yet

3. When the user enters a flight number (maybe you can even add a validator on it), something that you

at least suspect is a flight number, then enable the Get Flight Info button. If the user empties F.N. again,

then disable G.F.I. again.

This would enforce certain workflow and there would be less people saying "this doesn't work" (like I just did ;-)

BTW I don't see the Load (aircraft) button doing anything other than trying to do something. Getting there, like this ACARS indeed!

• Moderators

my last question to you

have you ever read the manual

in options/usersettings is an option search by flight if you activate this you need to enter the flightnumber and press get schedulle and it will retrive it iff you leave the option blank just hit get flight bid info and it retrives the first bid you made.

This would enforce certain workflow and there would be less people saying "this doesn't work" (like I just did ;-)

you are the first one actually complaining that mutch. :angry:

BTW I don't see the Load (aircraft) button doing anything other than trying to do something. Getting there, like this ACARS indeed!

this works perfectly.

• Like 2