custom Admin Module

selwynorren

Hi All,

I remember reading something about this when Dave created the events module but I just cannot seem to find the reference anymore.

I want to create a new phpvms module that the admin part can be managed through the vms admin back-end.

Currently the events module can be managed through the backed and its listed under add-ons, I want to have the same ability so that when an update takes place the module is not wiped at all.

Is this at all possible?

• Administrators

You can create your own admin module just as you can on the pilot side. Just place it in the admin/modules folder. To automatically add your link under the addons section of the admin menu put this in your new module file

public function NavBar()
   {
       echo '<li><a href="'.SITE_URL.'/admin/index.php/mymodule">My Module</a></li>';
   }

As long as the base phpVMS application never comes up with an admin module with the same name, updates will not affect the custom module.

• 3 weeks later...

You can create your own admin module just as you can on the pilot side. Just place it in the admin/modules folder. To automatically add your link under the addons section of the admin menu put this in your new module file

Stupid question...

Where is the addons section of the admin menu B) ?

Regards