[SOLVED] SidArea Brilliance V1

Blu-Express VA

I have that template and nothing is in the left side of the page. The side bar is on the right. All you have is code it like they all ready have it default except add your new php handlers in where needed to call the information.

Here is a quick example of a couple things I have on mine. The site is not live to public so I will not link to it. It is only a dev site. Here is the code example.

<h3>NOTAMS</h3>
<?php PopUpNews::PopUpNewsList(5); ?>
<br />

<h3>Airline Stats</h3>

<strong>Total Flights: </strong><?php echo StatsData::TotalFlights(); ?><br />

<strong>Total Flights Today: </strong><?php echo StatsData::totalflightstoday(); ?><br />

<strong>Total Aircraft in Fleet: </strong><?php echo StatsData::TotalAircraftInFleet(); ?><br />

<strong>Total Pax Carried: </strong><?php echo StatsData::totalpaxcarried(); ?><br />

<strong>Total Hours Flown: </strong><?php echo StatsData::TotalHours(); ?><br />

<strong>Total Charters: </strong><?php echo StatsData::totalschedules(); ?><br />

<br />

Now that code is not pretty at all, but it works. It has no skinning via css done to it at all. that is plain jane show up on the site as is code. To add any other modules, you simply add the handlers in that the install tells you to add such as

Each module will have a different code to call up the information for that module.

I know my explanation sucks real bad, but it was the best I could do without pasting an entire page in pastebin

I have that template and nothing is in the left side of the page. The side bar is on the right. All you have is code it like they all ready have it default except add your new php handlers in where needed to call the information.

Here is a quick example of a couple things I have on mine. The site is not live to public so I will not link to it. It is only a dev site. Here is the code example.

<h3>NOTAMS</h3>
<br />

<h3>Airline Stats</h3>

<strong>Total Flights: </strong><?php echo StatsData::TotalFlights(); ?><br />

<strong>Total Flights Today: </strong><?php echo StatsData::totalflightstoday(); ?><br />

<strong>Total Aircraft in Fleet: </strong><?php echo StatsData::TotalAircraftInFleet(); ?><br />

<strong>Total Pax Carried: </strong><?php echo StatsData::totalpaxcarried(); ?><br />

<strong>Total Hours Flown: </strong><?php echo StatsData::TotalHours(); ?><br />

<strong>Total Charters: </strong><?php echo StatsData::totalschedules(); ?><br />

<br />

Now that code is not pretty at all, but it works. It has no skinning via css done to it at all. that is plain jane show up on the site as is code. To add any other modules, you simply add the handlers in that the install tells you to add such as

Each module will have a different code to call up the information for that module.

I know my explanation sucks real bad, but it was the best I could do without pasting an entire page in pastebin

Sorry, can you add the name of file when i modified?

Thanks!

Sorry for my ignorance, but I do not know what modules you are using or anything of the such. I gave a pretty good example above.

If you are not using any custom modules, you can very easily look at the code from the crystal skin and it will come real easy to you once you see it. It pretty much is exactly the same as what I gave you above.

I do apologize that I do not have time right now to hand code it for you. I got on here to check out a couple of posts before my next class starts tonight. Just study my code that I posted and compare it to the default crystal skin and you will see where I am getting it all from.

If you added any new modules that are released by our friendly users here, they will give you the code to put in to your sidebar area on your layout.tpl file.

As far as the newst members goes, that is simple. The code is already in the default crystal skin. I will give it to you this time though. Everyone gets one freebie. :D

open layout.tpl

Find

<!-- Sidearea Starts -->
		<div id="sidearea">

Add After

<h3>Newest Pilots</h3>

<?php MainController::Run('Pilots', 'RecentFrontPage', 5); ?>

SAVE FILE

That will give you the 5 Newest Pilots.

For any other module that you install on your website, simply look for the controller that they give you and add it like I just showed you. I PROMISE it will work for any and all modules that are released on the phpVMS forums. We have some very smart and talented coders here that share their work freely that would not steer you wrong......On purpose.

If all else fails, the search feature is located right under your avatar in the upper right hand corner of the website here. It works real good I promise.

I hope that helps you on your way to get the desired results you were after. Practice, practice, and practice some more.

AND I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you are relatively new to coding? If so, please allow me to be so bold as to offer up a couple of tips. And they go as follows.

1. NEVER code on a live website. ALWAYS code on a dev site that is NOT public. that way if you mess up, your live site is still good to go.
  2. ALWAYS do backups before installing any mods, modules, skins or simple tweaks. Accidents can and do happen. Trust me. Boy do I know.
  3. Practice until you are blue in the face. But only do so for 15 minutes at a time. Get up after 15 minutes and walk around, grab a drink and have at it again. Don't force yourself.
  4. HAVE FUN! If it is not fun then why do it to begin with right?
  5. Use the search feature very often. I can guarantee you almost all of the questions you have has been asked and answered here numerous times.

These few tips alone are going to take you a long, long way. You are not going to learn phpVMS over night however. I have been here a year or more now and I ask questions all but daily still. I am sure these knuckleheads here have all got tired of me a time or two. lol So keep at it and have fun. You have a nice start on your site. I have a feeling before long I will visit your site and say WOW! that looks great!

Have a great day!

Ray

Oh it don't have to be your last question. lol I wasn't saying earlier I would not answer anymore, just trying to give you some food for thought is all.

Now are you trying to add the 5 latest flights? I am not sure I know of any for the last flight in particular.

If you want to add the latest 5 flights, simply use this

<?php MainController::Run('PIREPS', 'RecentFrontPage', 5); ?>

If you do not want it to be 5 then change the number to what you like.

Let me know if this is what you are after or not. If it is a custom module you installed, please give me a direct link to that module.

Ray

• 2 months later...